Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 25mpg. not bad for 189mph!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 10:16 PM
25mpg. not bad for 189mph!

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/14/2014-audi-rs7-is-a-189-mp...

If you have a burning desire to take yourself and four friends to 189 miles per hour, the 2014 Audi RS7 Sportback can help you out. The luxury hatchback bowed at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show today, complete with a 560-horsepower twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine thrashing under the hood. Getting to 62 mph takes a shave under 3.9 seconds thanks in part to the 553 pound-feet of torque on hand from just 1,750 rpm. While the base car comes with an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph, customers can request the governor be removed by purchasing the dynamic package plus, upping the V-max to 189 mph.

Ludicrous? Sure, but Audi says the RS7 can also yield up to 25 mpg on the US scale. With a cylinder-on-demand system, the V8 can deactivate up to four cylinders by closing their valves. Once the driver gets frisky with the throttle, the engine automatically kicks from four-cylinder to eight-cylinder mode in a few hundredths of a second. The engine is bolted to an eight-speed automatic transmission, which pushes power to all four wheels. You can read the full press release below for more information, but we think you'll have a better time viewing our live shots from the show floor..

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 02:07 PM

Man what a great car. I prefer black but that white looks pretty good.

An Audi S5 is on my to-buy list.

I'd also like to test drive an R8. I see them all the time around Atlanta.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 09:14 PM

looks strong, but understated. i love it.

that RS6 Avant is probably at the top of my list if i had $100k burning a hole in my pocket. a 200mph wagon? fuck. YES.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 1-17-2013 at 01:08 PM

If you got a 2 year old model you could cut $20,000 off the price. I know a guy with an A8 that did that.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 05:17 PM

that'd definitely be the way to go.

i'm also a huge fan of the maserati quattroporte. a beautiful, understated car that is essentially a four-door ferrari. they start at $130k, but you can get a five year old one for $40-$50. some day.

Go To Top