Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Prison gangs
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 01:01 PM
Prison gangs

I'm a sucker for shows and documentaries about prison as it's an interesting look at that side of the population. I just always find it funny when guys are mugging for the camera showing off gang tats and waving gangs signs and such. I get that you're supposed to be down for life and all that shit, but they're in fucking jail. How can anybody think that's something to brag about? You got caught you morons. I'd prefer to spend my time reading and staying away from the salad-tossing guy.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 02:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
I'd prefer to spend my time reading and staying away from the salad-tossing guy.

Words to live by.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 04:56 PM

No thank you to prison life.
that's why I am a good boy.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 06:31 PM

I worked in that environment and its sucks.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 07:01 PM

if they had any brains they wouldn't be on there throwing up their stupid hand signs and cackling about bloods up or whatever.
i say they stop making idiot shows about it so said scumfucks don't get any attention.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 10:25 PM

Prison is gayer than the Castro District during a pride parade.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 10:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  
if they had any brains they wouldn't be on there throwing up their stupid hand signs and cackling about bloods up or whatever.
i say they stop making idiot shows about it so said scumfucks don't get any attention.

I recently discovered the show Gangland from the History channel and have been enjoying it as a lot of it is pretty goddamn funny. One of the groups, Nuestra Familia, requires a person to do time in prison before they can become a full member. The fact that people are willing and open to the concept is amazing to me. I'm also amazed that nazi's aren't getting killed on a daily basis. They're outnumbered 100-1 at least, I would think all of white power ink would be a target for all of the other groups.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
necrobutcher

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 11:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by morgan  
I'd prefer to spend my time reading and staying away from the salad-tossing guy.

Words to live by.

I want that on my business card.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-8-2013 at 01:04 AM

^ agreed!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-8-2013 at 07:10 AM

I recently discovered the show Gangland from the History channel and have been enjoying it as a lot of it is pretty goddamn funny. One of the groups, Nuestra Familia, requires a person to do time in prison before they can become a full member. The fact that people are willing and open to the concept is amazing to me.

when the other options of one's life are equally bleak by comparison it probably seems like they're getting a good deal....
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-8-2013 at 07:12 AM

I recently discovered the show Gangland from the History channel and have been enjoying it as a lot of it is pretty goddamn funny. One of the groups, Nuestra Familia, requires a person to do time in prison before they can become a full member. The fact that people are willing and open to the concept is amazing to me.

when the other options of one's life are equally bleak by comparison it probably seems like they're getting a good deal....

I know a guy who had to do a year or so in out local county jail and he told me the young bucks from Chester WANT to go to jail, They WANT to get locked up, as it is a right of passage for them where they return to the shit neighborhoods they came from when they get released with some kind of street cred.....no future, no future for you
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-8-2013 at 10:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by necrobutcher  

Words to live by.

i was inspired: http://www.thorprecords.com/boards/

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-9-2013 at 09:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  

Words to live by.

:P
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-9-2013 at 02:23 PM

:lol:

necrobutcher

[*] posted on 2-9-2013 at 02:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  

Words to live by.

That is awesome.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-9-2013 at 10:20 PM

:thumbup:

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 2-11-2013 at 07:58 AM

Gangland is definitely a cool show, I just finished a season 1 episode about Chicago, Stone To The Bone. This was a cool episode, Jeff Fort kept hard drugs out of the southside for decades and once he goes away it all turns to shit and look at the murder rate and drug abuse there now.

There has to be something to say about a strong figure on the streets when the police can't do the job and for quite a while this guy did it right, then he went crazy, then to jail, then even crazier, then back to jail.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
mattybar

[*] posted on 2-11-2013 at 11:22 AM

Not entirely related but interesting nonetheless.
A couple years ago a kid who used to go to shows in London moved to the states and ended up getting sent down and has been in a pre-trial facility in NYC for a about two years and is finally actually going to be sentenced soon.
Despite being one of the few white guys in the whole prison, he ended up sharing a cell with a career bank robber and has been embraced by most of the other inmates some of whom are also hardened murderers and so on.
He writes a blog called New York Prisoner and while it goes off on a tangent from time to time, it's worth looking at, especially the older posts where he is still getting used to his new surroundings as it's a pretty unique viewpoint.
Still blows my mind to think that a kid who used to come to shows here is now doing time in NYC surrounded by gang members and shit.

http://newyorkprisoner63906054.blogspot.co.uk

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-11-2013 at 01:12 PM

^ THAT is wild.

mattybar

[*] posted on 2-11-2013 at 01:24 PM

He was part of a graff crew here called B6K and there's a hilarious/terrifying post on there where after getting severely mean looks off several inmates, he finds out that in American gang culture, 'b6k' is a Crip term that refers to someone who has murdered some from the Blood gang.
As you can imagine, he was pretty hasty to make it clear that isn't what his tattoo was about hahaha!!

Go To Top