Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: This Is Boston....
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 08:08 AM
This Is Boston....

I braved the evil that is a weeknight show and I went to the 'This Is Boston' benefit in Quincy last night. It was a LONG day because I got up for work at 5:30am and left work at 3:30 and went straight to Quincy. Doors were supposed to open at 5:00 which was quickly changed to 6:00 and ended up being closer to 6:30.

I hate to admit it, but I didn't pay attention to the first few bands that much, but everyone sounded good.

Sexcrement
Insult
The Revilers
Alpha & Omega
New Lows

Wrecking Crew went on sometime around 9:00 and killed it! They sounded awesome and looked like they were having a blast. I think they played 6-7 songs including a cover of NA 'Tied Down' with Choke doing some guest vocals.

DoomRiders were next and they did what they do. I like their records a lot but had never seen them. I know that what a band 'looks' like shouldn't matter at all, but I was surprised. They sounded awesome and even though I dont know a ton of their songs they played at least a few that I knew.

Dropdead was probably my favorite of the night. I haven't seen them in awhile and they sounded even better than ever. There was a kid next to me that was going nuts and must have elbowed me in the ribs 30 times so I kept pushing him away. At one point he (accidentily) eblowed me in the neck so I pushed him again. Well I guess my push was more of a return elbow and he must have bent down as I elbowed and I knocked out one of his teeth... whoops! Anway... Dropdead played an awesome set and then brought out Rob Williams the drummer for Siege and they did 2 Siege songs with him on drums and Brian (drummer of Dropdead) on bass.

Slapshot played mostly the same set as usual (but shorter). They sounded good and they always have fun. Craig is so much fun to watch play too. Choke brought his wife and kids so they were on the stage too. Colin (COA) sang 'Chip on My Shoulder'.

Converge... I only saw a couple of songs because I had to leave so I could get home in time to sleep a few hours before work but they sounded good and people were going nuts.

had a fun night got to see Chad Beantown, Matty A, Johnny Whistle, Heather, Erika, Ryan (SKOH), Chris from PanzerBastard, The Slapshot guys & family, the Dropdead guys, Keith Bennet, Jess Punk, Colin and a ton of other people.

Well done Boston!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 11:57 AM

is anyone going to the slapshot in worcester this sunday?

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:00 PM

I'd love to see Slapshot and Wrecking Crew.:(

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:18 PM

Wrecking Crew covering Tied Down by Negative Approach filmed with my phone....

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:20 PM

Dropdead with Rob Williams (Siege) on drums doing a couple of Siege songs. Siege was such a huge infleuce on Dropdead that even the name Dropdead comes from the Siege demo. Thats Brian the drummer of Dropdead playing bass on these songs

I fucked up holding (trying not to drop) my phone and I dont know how to fix it so the video isnt sideways.... sorry!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:41 PM

I had to leave before Converge, but everyone did what they do well. Seeing Wrecking Crew again after all these years was awesome. I hope they do some more shows. Slapshot is playing my town on Sunday, and I'll be in Philly! Doh!

Oh, and I won the raffle for the $150 Good Mojo Tattoo gift card. RAWK!

Good seeing Honus, Matty, Chad, and everyone else that crawled out of the woodwork for this!

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
MattyA

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 05:23 PM

Good time last night , great seeing everyone. I left before Converge to , really had no interest. Slapshot were great, wrecking crew were good to. Great show and great atmosphere all night.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 06:21 PM

glad to hear the show went well. raised something like $14k from what i heard, too. well done.

where's the group photo??

converge always put on an amazing show. even if you think you're not a fan, they're worth checking out.

johnny, whats this about philly?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 09:50 PM

http://m.spin.com/gallery/converge-slapshot-dropdead-boston-...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/futurebreed/collections/7215763...

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 01:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
johnny, whats this about philly?

Did you see the thread I started? Going down for a wedding this weekend (a Sunday night wedding, yeesh!). The wife and I will be in town sometime in the afternoon on Saturday.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 07:32 PM

ah, NOW i do

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.

Go To Top