Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sinners & Saints
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 10:41 AM
Sinners & Saints

Sinners and Saints will be playing a record release show on May 30th - the first show since their untimely demise over ten years ago. After a spoken word performance and "Q&A" session with Rob to support his forthcoming book with Bridge Nine (more information to come on that soon), Rob and Mark Lind (along with the rest of S&S's present line-up) will be playing acoustically and will cover back catalog from Sinners and Saints as well as selected tracks from Rob's other endeavors, Blood For Blood and Ramallah. 50 tickets will be available for this intimate show at the Bridge Nine office in Peabody, MA

Already fuckin sold out....anybody happen to buy an extra ticket?

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 11:01 AM

Monty got tickets... I saw the post and almost bought tickets, but its on a Thursday night and its pretty far from home so I didnt get any. : (

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 12:18 PM

I ordered the record. Wish I could make this. I hope they make a video recording of the show.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 12:54 PM

I never go to concerts anymore... I am an old fart and usually go with the excuses of (these are not a stab at you Honus as you go to more shows than I do by a TON) It's a week night, it's too far, I have no one to go with, I don't feel like driving over an hour to do anything, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...

I saw the tickets up when Mark Lind posted it... I looked thinking they would be gone but they were not. I closed the page and ran through all the above excuses and knew time was REALLY short on this so I had to make a decision ASAP. I said "Fuck it, this is the show of a lifetime for me!" and went back and snagged 2 tickets. Checked 20 minutes later and they were sold out.

I have a few friends in mind for my second ticket as I would like to have someone to go with on the hour plus ride but if my friends fall through (not to get your hopes up as I am really hoping one of my friends will go) then SS76, you would be the one I would go to for the other ticket as I know you are a diehard fan of all things Lind.

SS76
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 12:55 PM

THANK YOU!

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:09 PM

Anyone else here get tickets?

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:15 PM

I came REALLY close for this and if there wasnt the show last night, a show on Friday night and a show in Sunday night plus a few more weekenight shows coming up I would have bought a ticket.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 04:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by XnMeX  
Anyone else here get tickets?

:tumble: see you there!

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 04:30 PM

:tumble::thumbup:

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 06:39 PM

nice

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 07:27 PM

It sold out pretty quickly. We didn't even know there would be tickets until 2 days before it went on sale. We thought it was invitation only. So if you didn't get in, there will be another announced relatively soon (there is still a new 7" to come afterall). Possibly two shows. I don't foresee any further new music after that though. At least not with me involved.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-8-2013 at 07:32 PM

i hope you have a great time with the shows, mark.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 05:27 AM

I don't get it. Is it just because a Rob sighting is tantamount to seeing Bigfoot? No offense (but,take it as you will),I thought that shit was horrid. Like a sissified Social Distortion. My opinion,yes.

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 08:42 AM

I'd rather here the new album than Bridge 9 re-releasing old stuff.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 09:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by REV.PAULIE  
I don't get it. Is it just because a Rob sighting is tantamount to seeing Bigfoot? No offense (but,take it as you will),I thought that shit was horrid. Like a sissified Social Distortion. My opinion,yes.

And I am not a fan of Sheer Terror or Joe Coffee music and I am sure some people would make unflattering comparisons of stuff you have done to other music. Everyone has an asshole. To me, the S&S album was FLAWLESS (I am also not a fan of Social D so I don't hear what you hear in that instance). I have never heard of Rob doing an acoustic set which also interests me. Have never seen S&S live either. Also yes, some is the fact that Rob has been laying low for quite some time as well as BFB fans being "burned" (for lack of a better term) by the BFB shows not happening. I am pretty open that I am a fan of what he does musically, as I know some people are of what you do musically Paul. Just my opinion on the matter as an admitted Rob Lind "fanboy". Just my opinion / view on the matter.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 03:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Six66Mike  
I'd rather here the new album than Bridge 9 re-releasing old stuff.

There is another release coming.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 03:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by XnMeX  
Quote: Originally posted by REV.PAULIE  

And I am not a fan of Sheer Terror or Joe Coffee music and I am sure some people would make unflattering comparisons of stuff you have done to other music. Everyone has an asshole. To me, the S&S album was FLAWLESS (I am also not a fan of Social D so I don't hear what you hear in that instance). I have never heard of Rob doing an acoustic set which also interests me. Have never seen S&S live either. Also yes, some is the fact that Rob has been laying low for quite some time as well as BFB fans being "burned" (for lack of a better term) by the BFB shows not happening. I am pretty open that I am a fan of what he does musically, as I know some people are of what you do musically Paul. Just my opinion on the matter as an admitted Rob Lind "fanboy". Just my opinion / view on the matter.

Every nitwit has an opinion. Don't worry about what others think. We weren't trying to appeal to hardcore or punk rock fans with that album. It was meant to sound like Turbonegro meets Foo Fighters. The Boston Phoenix called it the best Boston rock album released in a decade. We essentially disbanded before the album got released and it still sold out of multiple pressings. The few shows we did organize after it was released all sold out at clubs of various sizes in town. You're not the only person that liked it and it definitely appealled to people well beyond the limited scope of listeners that BFB and Ducky Boys played to at the time. Thanks for enjoying the album, Monty, and no one thinks you're some sort of Lind fanboy for digging it.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 03:54 PM

you guys should video the show......
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 04:11 PM

I love the S&S album and can't wait for new stuff. It's long overdue.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
SS76
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-9-2013 at 06:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  
you guys should video the show......

With an extremely slim chance of going I agree. And The Sky Is Falling is a badass album period. My opinion is the only one that matters to me.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-10-2013 at 06:11 AM

I don't mean springing for a professional shoot or anything, just some dope with a camcorder will do to load it on youtube.
it would be cool to see.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 5-10-2013 at 02:33 PM

"Nitwit"....Ha! Suck it deep,Townie...

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 5-11-2013 at 06:35 AM

Sinners and Saints front men (and brothers) Rob and Mark Lind are both battle-scarred vets of the punk rock trenches with an impeccable pedigree to boast. Elder brother Rob is the founding member and main man (i.e. sole song-writer and lyricist) for infamous ultra-hardcore legends Blood for Blood, a band known as much for their violent live reactions and the fanatic devotion of their listeners as they were for their furious anthems and the brutally honest darkness of their lyrics. Rob, who is also the founding member and sole songwriter of the notorious "terror-core" band Ramallah (a band mostly known for their virulent cult following), is as known for his off-stage lifestyle as he is for his many musical endeavors. Younger brother Mark is the founding member and song-writer of the Boston street punk legends the Ducky Boys, whose working class anthems, chugging rock and roll, and painfully personal lyrics have inspired and resonated with a devoted cult-following of his own (Mark is also the main man behind Boston rock 'n' roll bulwarks and staples Dirty Water and Mark Lind and the Unloved).

Back in 2000, after the simultaneous demise of their current bands at the time, the brothers decided to reach back into their roots, and create the kind of rock and roll they grew up with which would be known as Sinners and Saints. Upon their inception, the band was highly regarded from fans and critics alike. Their debut album, The Sky Is Falling, was released on Bridge Nine in late May of 2002 and in support of it, they went on to play shows with bands like Social Distortion and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Unfortunately, Sinners and Saints broke up due to personal matters in late 2002. The Sky is Falling was never released on vinyl format and the band has remained dormant ever since.

Now, Bridge Nine Records is excited to announce that they'll release The Sky Is Falling for the first time ever on vinyl format on June 4th, 2013. Additionally, Sinners and Saints will be playing a record release show on May 30th—the first show since their untimely demise over ten years ago. After a spoken-word performance and "Q&A" session with Rob to support his forthcoming book with Bridge Nine (more information to come on that soon), Rob and Mark Lind (along with the rest of S&S's present lineup) will be playing acoustically and will cover back catalog from Sinners and Saints as well as selected tracks from Rob's other endeavors, Blood for Blood and Ramallah. Tickets are all sold out for this special event, but you can still pre-order the vinyl pressing of The Sky Is Falling here.

More information will be coming soon from Sinners and Saints and Bridge Nine Records.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.

Go To Top