Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: post your jobs.... are they kick ass?!
xsharpx

Mood: Johnny Cash - The Sun Recordin

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 08:17 AM

yeah I know that feeling I will be 28 in september and I start back to school in January. going to work on my associates in general education and then pursuing a degree to become a Social Worker.... thats going to be a bitch balancing a full time loss prevention job at wal mart, a part time job at albertsons as a grocery stocker and a full time Filipino girlfriend... But its much needed... even though I truely enjoy my job reaching out to troubled youth and more is more of a calling for me if you know what I mean. If you know me irl then you will know what I mean... its in my heart
paulie pipes
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Ungodly

Mood: Useless office speech

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 09:11 AM

All of the late school bloomers- don't sweat it, it's never too late. I got my BA in 1998 (I was 27) and had started working on it in 1989. I got my masters 5 years later.

Right now I am editing newsletters about SAP business data systems. It sucks a lot. It could be worse but it's boring, the people I work with are weird, and I have to drive here which I hate and is stupid b/c I pay city rent.

I am looking for another sellout job that pays better and is in the city, which I plan to do for a year or so (unless I move out of here sooner) and pay off some debts. Then I want to scale down and either go back for my phD or work at somehting idealistic like animal rights or both.

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.

www.myspace.com/metal_mary
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 09:13 AM

VP of Midwest Sales for a Staffing company. I work out of a home office. My boss is one of the best guys in the world and I really enjoy what I do. I'm not sure if that kicks ass or not.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
Im learning to be a contractor... it's not very common to see a women in this line of work but i love it. We are in the process of building our own house too!.
Before that i used to work in a goverment building doing finance for the state.. i hated that job.

I might get a few of the girls that work with me to pose in a picture... we'll be in our underwear and tool belts... "Thorp Hard Working Music" :cool:

Pictures sooner then later please.;)

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 01:34 PM

I do CAD Drafting for an HVAC contractor, I do shop/installation/design drawings for ductwork and piping systems in airports, hospitals, condos, schools and other commercial type things.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 06:05 PM

crazyfists28
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 06:16 PM

its true...i do grunt work for the most part but in order to get to the next level of back breaking labor u need at least a four year degree. pisses me off that i've wasted over 5 years trying to prove something just to be told that i need a degree to do the exact same thing i've been doing. i see these snot nosed nobody's coming in with absolutely no idea of what they are doing getting a job cuz they went to college. you know im gonna be blue collar til i die!!
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2005 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
Quote:
Originally posted by hollymaconmovies
A BA in anything...didn't matter what.

my wife was a french major. now, she's a buyer at macy's. related? nah. but it's a degree. and that's the case for so many jobs these days. in fact, its gettign so that a lot of employers are looking for masters as well. yikes.
\

i was referring to this in my last post...forgot to quote it
thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 7-26-2005 at 04:07 AM

i work retail, but i get paid well cause its an independent store ( not a franchise or big corporation ).

i put myself through community college and got an Associates Degree in graphic design, so sooner or later i will get a serious job.
for now my job is easy and it pays the bills.

\"thank you very little\"
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top