Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My old days
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-16-2013 at 09:57 PM
My old days

So I started Skating first half in 7th grade when I lived in the city of Orange in Cali, this would have been fall of 85...

I was into music but mainly what was on mtv at the the time, van halen, early motley crue, etc... I was 11/12 and lived in the burbs so cut me some slack.

I was aware of some punk but nothing had struck me yet.

Then we moved to Chino a shitty cow further north and east from LA and I skated more and more. I met a new group of friends and this was the first band they turned me on to. Liberation Crutch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...amp;v=UeCC5AstSUE

They were local guys a few years older than us played in garages of kids we skated with.

They changed everything for me. I got more into music and skating, and then started playing music. Music led to art and printing and well, here I am some 30ish years later.

I have told countless friends about them over the years but never could find any music and I only had a dubbed demo that died in a cassette deck when I was 14 or so.

So fast forward to 99 and I meet some guys from a band called Man will Surrender and they were in another local band called POW that was a little bigger back then, but they played with LC and had recordings. So we emailed a few times but I never was able to get any music.

So tonight a facebook friend from LA that I know as print customer starts posting up some old LA underground hardcore bands and posts us some POW. I ask him if he has any Liberation Crutch and he says no, never hear them.

A quick google search and bam there are 2 tracks on youtube... so I post one up in his POW thread and who posts but the old singer of POW and MWS and he says he has the tracks. 30 minutes later I get and email with all the tracks...

What a small freaking world the internet has created.

if anyone wants to hear other tracks I will share them.

but the 2 in this thread were my favorites and total mid 80's so cal skate hardcore goodness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_rrE1...

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-18-2013 at 12:19 PM

Gotta love the old days. It's amazing how many things from our younger days can be found online. I sometimes go looking for specific things just to see if I can find any trace of it online.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-18-2013 at 06:00 PM

cool

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.

Go To Top