Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Post from Rob Lind about to show, new ep, book, etc...
XnMeX
Posting Freak

thumbup.gif posted on 5-29-2013 at 02:15 PM
Post from Rob Lind about to show, new ep, book, etc...

Hello there, girls and boys!

Once again I solemnly attest that this is really me writing this prosaic piece of facebook fluff. And once again, all kidding aside and for anyone interested, this is Rob Lind.

May 30th draws nigh... and what rough beast, it's hour come round at last, slouches towards the Bridge 9 office in Peabody Massachusetts to be born? Sinners & Saints, that's what! I mean, Sinners & Saints, that's who! I mean... whatevah's clevah...

To forsake banter and bombast for complete clarity: this coming Thursday, May 30th 2013, is the Big Night. Sinners & Saints will be playing an acoustic set at the Bridge 9 offices in Salem to promote the vinyl re-issue of "The Sky Is Falling" LP and an upcoming 7-inch of brand new material (more info to come on that soon). I will also be doing some kind of reading or speech-thing and answering questions to hopefully in some way promote an upcoming collection of writing I am putting out with Bridge 9. Do you quiver with anticipation as I do? Or maybe all those years of heavy boozing have finally caught up with me and I am quivering from incipient alcoholic polyneuropathy. Who can say for sure?

I am usually a shitty, apathetic salesman. But without tripping my own bullshit alarm I can tell you all that there will be some really cool shit available this Thursday. And most of it will be limited to this show only.

* In addition to a bunch of the classic S&S clothing designs (t-shirts, hoodies, etc), there will be a VERY limited brand new design for this show only.

* On my end, in addition to some brand new merch of the more traditional kind (e.g. shirts and shit), there will be some very limited hand-numbered and signed prints of some "art" I have been creating & compiling over the last couple years. I've been calling it "blood art"... and though the "art" element is entirely debatable and subjective, the blood component is indisputable. I always said that I poured my fucking blood into what I do. Well this stuff is nothing but hahahaha! I'll explain this whole macabre venture more thoroughly at the show so don't break out the straight-jacket yet...

* There will also be some limited hand-numbered and signed off-set prints of a certain skull-and-crossbones with the tear-drop blooded in by me personally (if you catch my drift).

* There will also be other crap (I just can't think of it right now).

This should be an interesting night. A lot of old friends are coming out. Creating and arranging acoustic/ "unplugged" versions of the songs was a blast and the practices have been going very well. As mentioned elsewhere, we're planning on doing material from S&S's entire catalog (including a couple of the aforementioned new tunes), some odd-ball covers, and a Ramallah and BFB song or two.

There is so much going on and this Thursday is really just the kick-off. For anyone interested, keep an eye on these pages and Bridge 9's pages for further info and news... cuz there is definitely a lot more to come (and soon). Have I successfully titillated you all yet? No? What if I post pics of me in a Borat-style Mankini? Would that melt yer butter?

Love and Velvet-Elvis-paintings,
Rob From Nod

P.S. I am psyched to announce that the entire existing back catalog of Ramallah merch is available at Shogun Screen-printing. These guys are family and I am very happy to be working with them. Keep an eye out here and there for new stuff to come. Anyone interested can click here:
http://www.shopshogun.com/shop-by-band/ramallah.html

P.P.S. I'd like to thank everyone accountable for the flood of birthday well-wishes. Though I usually prefer to avoid even acknowledging the annual day of my birth and any other similar formal reminder of the relentless and implacable triumph of that ruthless assassin Time... I still appreciate all of your regards hahaha.

P.P.P.S. On a related note, I have seen a lot of names and faces from my past reaching out via these pages to show support and say hello. Shit has been very hectic (especially lately) but I will get around to as many as I can as soon as I can. In the meantime, and totally off the top-of-my-head, I'd like to say hello and give my regards to Freaky Jay, Josh Weinstein, Jodi Stoudt (I am so happy for you), Matty McRae, Paula Harmon, Larry Sheppard (I love your page brother) and Jeanne Felch. This list is in no particular order and it is very short (like my attention-span) so if your name isn't on it, it doesn't mean that I haven't thought of you or that I missed your contact.

I'd also like to give a fraternal shout out to Joe None (how you been brother? thanks for the support!), Jinx (I'm glad to hear you're doing well, mio fratello! I'll be in touch as soon as I can), and Hodde (you can reach me through Shogun or one of the guys. I tried to leave a message on your page but it wouldn't let me. I hope you're well, hermano!), and all the other Fellas all around the country that stuck by me through the Dark Ages and my long climb out of the abyss. Thank you all.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 03:06 PM

in short: there's gonna be stuff to buy at the one off show.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 6-7-2013 at 08:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

Quinn,I adore you....

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-7-2013 at 10:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by REV.PAULIE  
Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  

Quinn,I adore you....

Likewise.

Go To Top