Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sinners & Saints show semi review of sorts.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 09:39 AM
Sinners & Saints show semi review of sorts.

Show was a one of a kind experience. Great performance with tons of S&S stuff and a few Ramallah, BFB, and cover songs thrown in for good measure. Rob sounded great and was in very good spirits. He seems really thankful for where he is in life now and just plain thankful that he is still alive today. Spoken word was incredible and I can't wait for Rob's book. Some well written and very disturbingly funny excerpts from the book were read as well as just random stories and answering any questions the audience had. One of the awesome "bonuses" of the night was that Rob Falzano, the drummer for S&S was playing music on his MP3 player for us between the set and the spoken word and let us hear 2 unreleased Ramallah tracks, 1 unreleased S&S track (which they also played live), and 2 unreleased Blood for Blood tracks. All 5 tracks sounded excellent and had their own "sound" as far as being able to tell which tracks were from which group. It was great seeing Andrea Furly and Lowel as well! Could not have asked for much more other than REALLY wanting to know release dates for upcoming Rob projects, but unfortunately there was no such info. Can't wait to hear or read anything Rob has put his mind to and just hope he can do it and stay clean at the same time.

For people interested in the merch.

Shirts: There were 2 shirts limited to the show. A S&S shirt with the skyline on the front and the date of the show / B9 logo on the back. The other one was a White Trash Rob shirt that said W.T.R. on the front with a big yellow smiley face crying blood on the front and the back said something like "Do you get the joke?". They also had the older S&S designs such as the dagger logo and Jack Daniels parody.

Other: Rob had these art prints he did with blood and ash (talked about how he created them during the spoken word) as well as a BFB skull print with the blood drink filled in with his blood.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 10:20 AM

sounds like it was awesome.. I wish I would have gone!

What was the detail on how he created the blood art?

What did you buy??

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 11:34 AM

Obviously I am just going off the top of my head here and will get some of this wrong but... He said he was going through things and found some old unused syringes. He decided to use them to make this and kinda "own it" in a way. He said when he would use before he would take a towel and wipe up the excess and it would often make interesting patterns so he was kinda going off of that but took it into a more artistic / expressive form.

I just bought the S&S Skyline shirt... The same one I just bought for you and placed in the mail. ;)

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 11:44 AM

nice one. glad you had a good time.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mickey

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 04:06 PM

The show was awesome. ....even if it was a bazillion degrees in the room. I'm really surprised how well the songs sounded acoustically. I'm glad he's starting to play out and he has a great group of musicians backing him. His question and answer parts were pretty funny and brutally honest. I'd love to see him do a stand up comedy routine.

I'm ok with people not liking me
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 04:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mickey  
The show was awesome. ....even if it was a bazillion degrees in the room. I'm really surprised how well the songs sounded acoustically. I'm glad he's starting to play out and he has a great group of musicians backing him. His question and answer parts were pretty funny and brutally honest. I'd love to see him do a stand up comedy routine.

I LOVED the paranoia during the spoken word on weather his mom was still in the room / building / town of Peabody...

random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 05:32 PM

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 5-31-2013 at 06:58 PM

Awesome. I hope more videos surface.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-21-2013 at 01:36 PM

I've done stand up twice and I'm doing it again in August. It's so different than stage banter that it makes even the most comfortable musician feel out of place. Rob could do it. But he can't bring notes up there and read from them like he did at B9. It's gotta be rehearsed but it's gotta be rehearsed to the point where it looks like it isn't rehearsed (if that makes any sense). And there's really no way to rehearse it except in your mind. It has to look conversational to go over well. He needs to get his legs back as far as even being on stage before he takes that terrifying leap. But yes, I think he would eventually do very well with it too, Mickey.

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 6-21-2013 at 01:44 PM

Where are you performing in August? Comedy Studio?

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2013 at 02:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle  
Where are you performing in August? Comedy Studio?

No. That was the problem in the past. I was out of my element. My old roommate, Ken Reid, is a pretty successful comic. He's had me on his shows in comedy clubs before. But I don't have a comic's delivery or one-liners. I just tell stories. My acoustic shows end up being about 50/50 on music and dialogue and people keep asking me to do a show where I just dispense with the guitar and talk to that's what is happening.

8/17 at the Mid Way in JP
The Old Edison (headlining)
Ken Reid (comedy)
Loser's Circle
Me (story telling)
Duck & Cover (Chris Brat's new band kicking it off)

If this goes well then we'll do more of these types of shows. Craig Lewis has already asked if he could have a story telling set at the next one and I'd like to get Duncan involved too.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-22-2013 at 08:19 PM

i like that it's advertised as 'story telling'. just start making up all kinds of wild shit.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 6-24-2013 at 10:39 AM

I know Ken, did a bunch of shows with him back in the day at the Studio. I've been noodling around with the idea of getting back into standup, but it's been nearly four years, so the rust is a bit thick at this point. I'll have to check out the Midway show.

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-24-2013 at 06:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Whistle  
I know Ken, did a bunch of shows with him back in the day at the Studio. I've been noodling around with the idea of getting back into standup, but it's been nearly four years, so the rust is a bit thick at this point. I'll have to check out the Midway show.

If this event works out and people enjoy it then we should get you on one of them in the future.

Go To Top