Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TORR SKOOG (Kings of Nuthin') - RIP
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 6-9-2013 at 03:33 PM
TORR SKOOG (Kings of Nuthin') - RIP

I am saddened and heartbroken to hear of the passing of Torr Skoog.

I only met Torr in the flesh once, at a club in Detroit where Kings of Nuthin' were playing, but I feel like I know the strongest currents of his spirit mostly through the songs he sung. I am proud to have worked with The Kings of Nuthin' on two releases and my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those that knew Torr and those who were held tightly in his inner familial circle.

Only a cursory listen to the Kings of Nuthin' recording catalog is necessary to get a strong flavor for the individual that Torr was. He was full of swagger, piss and vinegar, profoundly obstinate authenticity, and a sense of determination to carve his own life path with style, passion, and pure heart. Time waits for no man, and we all have to face our own mortality some day, but I trust and pray that Torr is at rest in his custom made hot rod in the sky—'A place to place our automotives no matter what those motives might be.'

- THORP

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-10-2013 at 05:26 AM

http://www.verbicidemagazine.com/2013/06/09/torr-skoog-kings...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1015165666...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-10-2013 at 11:09 AM

Fuck. I love Kings of Nuthin'. RIP brother.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 6-10-2013 at 08:34 PM

sucks. RIP Torr

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-10-2013 at 08:56 PM

RIP.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2013 at 02:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by THORP  

I am saddened and heartbroken to hear of the passing of Torr Skoog.

I only met Torr in the flesh once, at a club in Detroit where Kings of Nuthin' were playing, but I feel like I know the strongest currents of his spirit mostly through the songs he sung. I am proud to have worked with The Kings of Nuthin' on two releases and my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those that knew Torr and those who were held tightly in his inner familial circle.

Only a cursory listen to the Kings of Nuthin' recording catalog is necessary to get a strong flavor for the individual that Torr was. He was full of swagger, piss and vinegar, profoundly obstinate authenticity, and a sense of determination to carve his own life path with style, passion, and pure heart. Time waits for no man, and we all have to face our own mortality some day, but I trust and pray that Torr is at rest in his custom made hot rod in the sky—'A place to place our automotives no matter what those motives might be.'

- THORP

This is exactly how I feel, Andy. Sure, I knew Torr a bit from being around Boston. He was friendly and generous. But he was also a bit reserved and I felt that I knew him best through his music. His lyrics were art; anyone that can make you feel like you know him better than you really do is a successful artist in my opinion.

The Kings of Nuthin (along with Darkbuster) is the band that everyone was hoping for a reunion show from. If they had done it then it would have been huge. Hopefully he has found the peace he was unable to find in life.

Go To Top