Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Thoughts on the Riot Fest Food Guide (Chicago) from Punknews?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-9-2013 at 07:51 PM
Thoughts on the Riot Fest Food Guide (Chicago) from Punknews?

http://www.punknews.org/article/52903/riot-fest-food-guide-c...

Punknews is a proud sponsor of Riot Fest this year and this weekend, September 13-15, is main event in Chicago. The set times have just been posted and can be seen here.

We thought we'd highlight a few food gems to keep you nourished so you can have a full, happy belly when enjoying the likes of The Replacements, The Pixies, Andrew WK, Dismemberment Plan, Bad Books, Lawrence Arms, Masked Intruder and more in Humboldt Park this weekend.

Trust, we realize that there is SO MUCH good food in the Windy City that this barely scratches the surface, but under Read More are eight of our favorites. Feel free to add your pro tips in the comments. We'll see you in the pit (or probably more likely, in line at Hot Doug's).

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
sentrand
Posting Freak

Mood: hate riot 513,sheer terror, yuppicide, joe coffee

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 01:08 AM

we are going up to see pegboy. hopefully we will get in.

I'm a jerk. All night,I'm seeing Sentrand and thinking "Where do I know that guy from?".
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 05:30 AM

Heard a set by the Replacements...A little slower than years of yore,but the setlist was surprisingly good...

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 05:33 AM

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/08/26/replacements-rio...

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
3rdDistrict

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 06:40 AM

my buddy brian (duane you know him) and I did riot fest some years back when cock sparrer played
chicago was so much fun (like driving around DC, but drinks like Baltimore).
Riot fest though... weird sour taste. It was OK, saw the bands i wanted, but they're was little concern for the people paying to see
The aggrolites at 2:30 in the morning was a blast... place called the subteranean?

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 11:03 AM

That guide is decent, but I'd be apprehensive about going to places like Kumas on a weekend like that...or Hot Dougs...places like that have a 2 hr wait during normal rush meal hours. Chicago Diner is pretty close too depending on the time.

Kumas pretty much is a 2hr wait all day/night unless you get in line 30 minutes before they open.

There's much less crowded and equally good substitutes, depending on what type of food you're looking for.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by REV.PAULIE  
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/08/26/replacements-rio...

I never even heard about the show in Toronto. Guess I'm even more out of the loop then I thought. Would have been cool to see the Replacements and the Stooges.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 10:54 PM

A few people I know went in Toronto & they all said The Replacements were excellent.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM

Go To Top