Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Warning Shots
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 10-5-2013 at 11:06 PM
The Warning Shots

I actually left the house to go to a show (that Slapshot was not playing) the other night. I went mainly to see a RI band that I love called HELD HOSTAGE. Everyone should check them out and buy their CD www.facebook.com/HostageRIHC

I was gonna leave after HH, but I saw a band setting up and saw Mark Lind on the stage. I didnt know what band it was until he said it when they started, but its another band he recently started called The Warning Shots.

Let me tell you... they kicked ass!! I dont know who the other guys were, but Mark only sang. They played a kinda short set of originals and then ended with an awesome cover of 'Its So Easy' by Guns N Roses..... it was a total shock to see them and they kicked ass!! I read on facebook that they are recording soon and I cant wait to hear it!

It was also an amazing shock when Mark walked by me and spoke to me by name. I obviously know who he is and I see him on here and on FB, but I've never actually spoken with him in person and it was cool to see that he actually knew me by face. hes a nice guy and an AMAZING song writer!!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
MattyA

[*] posted on 10-6-2013 at 01:05 PM

They opened up the Welch boys show at the Middle East that I saw you at. Good stuff and they covered the same song there to, can't wait to hear more.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 10-7-2013 at 09:09 PM

damn... I'm bummed I didnt see that Middle East show. I was downstairs until just before the Blue Bloods played!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2013 at 08:34 AM

Can't wait to hear what good old Mark is working on with these guys!

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-10-2013 at 11:50 PM

there are a few live clips floating around, but i think that's it so far.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2013 at 07:03 PM

Thanks, Josh et al. We recorded last weekend, made a video this past Saturday. That's being edited and the EP is getting mastered in the next few weeks. We won't have CD's for the shows with The Business and The Welch Boys but we should have them in December when we play Boston with Hudson Falcons. We'll have it online for digital download or CD orders soon.

With the changing times we're changing our approach.... we'll do EP's every few months and make videos for the songs on them. Did you guys know that more people hear music on YouTube than anywhere else? Every band needs to make videos now to stay in front of those people.

Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2013 at 08:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
Did you guys know that more people hear music on YouTube than anywhere else?

yep, even mp3s are on their way out
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 09:35 AM

everyone moaned about the iTunes store and the limited revenue from the sale of individual songs. try running a business on streaming payouts...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BDx13  
everyone moaned about the iTunes store and the limited revenue from the sale of individual songs. try running a business on streaming payouts...

Agreed. Spotify and outlets like that fuck the bands/labels. YouTube doesn't give you diddly unless you set it up as a revenue share and make people sit through an ad (which I'm unwilling to do).

Everything about the music "business" scares the shit out of me. A friend of mine sends me Sound Scan reports every Wednesday. It's so disheartening. On the surface, what the hell do we care about how many albums Pearl Jam is selling? But the truth is that the entire industry is sinking fast and pretty soon there will be no incentive for your favorite bands to keep making records. At this point it is probably only a small fraction of records that recoup at all. Some of the best albums I own probably took a long time to make. Those days are over. So we'll all get half baked albums from here on out.

Go To Top