Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ramallah 10/24
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 10-30-2013 at 09:49 AM
Ramallah 10/24

Couple covers from the show last week.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-30-2013 at 02:11 PM

Rob really needs to put out some new music. I'm itching to hear what he'll come up with after such a long break.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 10-31-2013 at 08:51 AM

i miss teh keyboards.

ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 10-31-2013 at 02:49 PM

Awesome time!! I thought Death Threat killed it!! They are so awesome live!!

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 10-31-2013 at 09:50 PM

I was hoping this show would be covered by hate5six so I could enjoy it in amazingly good quality lol.

I have to watch these clips still.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 09:21 AM

Aint been here in a while...'Glad to see Rob's good,but that SD cover made me cringe more than when I hear it come on a jukebox in a bar...

And,Mark Lind comes back with....1....2....3...4....GO!

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 06:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by REV.PAULIE  
Aint been here in a while...'Glad to see Rob's good,but that SD cover made me cringe more than when I hear it come on a jukebox in a bar...

Nah. Not this time. I tried to talk him out of it. I can stand Social Distortion in small doses. And that means about 1 song every 5 years. :)

SD covers are lazy and Rob is usually good with reinterpretting songs so I thought he should have just done either the Beatles or Smiths' songs he's already recorded. He puts a lot of time into covers so this choice seemed really strange and out of character to me. I know he liked SD a lot when he was like 20 but that was a long time ago. Not sure why he chose to do this now.

Also, this might sound super gay but I suggested he try "There's Something Going On" by Frida (of Abba fame) or "Live to Tell" by Madonna. He could turn them into really interesting and spooky songs. But it's his band .... or solo project with live band or whatever you want to call it... and he can do what he wants.

So I'm with ya on this one, Paul.

SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 11-6-2013 at 10:15 PM

I thought What Difference Does It Make was a Ramallah song for about a year until a friend recognized it; still one of my favorite Ramallah songs regardless who wrote it.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 12:52 AM

I'm going to disagree with Paulie and Mark.

Rob seems to finally be coming into his own as a front man. The other recent Ramallah videos I've seen, he's high-pitched and something just seemed off. He's looking comfortable now, and it comes across in the music.

As for SD... I agree that the song is overplayed, but I think he added something new, even if it was mainly just speeding up the pace. My guess is that he can relate and has some relevant things in common with Mike Ness back when Ness wrote the song.

Overall, I'm just happy to see Rob performing, looking happy and healthy (i.e. kinda chubby and not smacked out), and under the impression that he's taking care of himself. That guy's music and lyrics have kept me alive more times than I can count... just happy that they kept him alive, somehow, too.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 07:13 AM

Paul, I love ya man.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 07:17 AM

As far as covers go, YDI - Mad at the world.

I'd love to hear a band I dig cover that gem.

I think the Bad Vibes would sound perfect doing that one
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-7-2013 at 08:36 PM

In all fairness, I didn't stream the video of the cover. I drew my conclusion from a recording he sent me a couple of weeks before the show. He may have changed it since then.

REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 11-10-2013 at 09:06 AM

It doesn't sound like any thought was put into it...Speed it up,slow it down,Mosh as directed....I'm not a fan of SD outside of the first LP,and first few 45's...Yer bro could do better with a better song,if he wanted...My two cents...

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 07:37 PM

It doesn't sound like any thought was put into it...Speed it up,slow it down,Mosh as directed....I'm not a fan of SD outside of the first LP,and first few 45's...Yer bro could do better with a better song,if he wanted...My two cents...

I agree. My favorite Social D was the "White Light" album but even that was a bit of a cartoon of a real rock band (if there is such a thing). They kinda make the Stray Cats look like the real article.

By the way, sorry if I seem jumpy to defend my brother. Old habits die hard and there were a few years where .... some people... used a lot of fake screen names online to criticize him and make false accusations against him. I'm making an effort to break that habit now that he's around to defend himself.

REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 04:59 AM

It's all good,Mo...He's yer brother. Of course you're gonna stick up for him. I'm just bustin' yer balls...

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 10:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
some people... used a lot of fake screen names online to criticize him and make false accusations against him.

seriously? that happen here? that's a lot of free time.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 02:27 PM

I don't know about here but on Bridge 9 and other sites. They might have been real people but they were working at the direction of a certain someone.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-25-2013 at 07:01 AM

Nobody actually listens to or gives a shit what the fucking B9 douchebags think. Board is toxic, they don't know shit from shit.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM

Go To Top