Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: For Paulie....
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 03:46 AM
For Paulie....

Its 2:30am. I have a doctor's appointment at 9am for results of my blood work, which will realistically be an examination of my bourbon work. My cigar is not quite finished. I'm smoking it to the end. Old Grand Dad, Maker's Mark and other prime poisons have fueled my evening. I am watching the Sheer Terror 'funeral' footage that we released on THORP years back. The ever-relevant value of all things Sheer Terror are filling my heart and soul.

I am now separated from my wife of 14 years. Heading for divorce. No sympathies or condolences needed. I have a new pad and am starting a new job as assistant VP of a large online bank in January as well as consulting in the online small-dollar lending world on the side. Of course, label work for Sailor's Grave and Thorp always keep me busy, motivated, and inspired. Psyched to drop the new Booze and Glory January 28th. I just completed a deal with a literary agent for the pimping of my new spy novel, BLAZE: Operation Persian Trinity. My three kids are happy and I see them often. I am a happy man approaching an exciting new season in my life.

What is striking me now is the deep relevance and connection my soul has to the music of SHEER TERROR. I have been a fan since I was 16. I will be 40 in February. I don't know Paulie well, as maybe Duane does from hanging with him every Wednesday night, but through his music I feel like I know myself.

Some things are deeper than life itself, deeper than circumstances, deeper than successes or failures, deeper than loss or gain, deeper than love or hate. Sheer Terror is one of those things to me.

I sit in my leather chair hailing love songs for the unloved and the unknown and unwanted. I sit knowing the truth of value that resides with those livin' in exile, those who hold it down, those who endure hard times, and those who improvise, overcome, and adapt.

Long ashes, fervent prayers, and eternally raised glasses to all of you who know what the hell I'm talking about. Life is short...grab it by the balls and make it your own. Move forward and never look back.

THORP

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 05:17 AM

good writing.

that´s a fine sentence:
Psyched to drop the new Booze and Glory January 28th.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 07:29 AM

Good writing.
I'll have to pick up your book when it is released.

yeah man, Sheer Terror has also been a constant in my life.
thru good and bad.
thru sickness and in health.
After 20 years and some change, it still sticks, which is more than I can say for most things in my life, approaching 40 for me. Longer than most friends, family, jobs, bad habits and so on. It's been there when I need it, and could always be relied upon.

Not sure if you knew or not, but if you play Goodbye Farewell backwards it says to lend Quinn some money to buy a house with a low interest rate.....
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 12:56 PM

We will always be the Ugly & Proud.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 04:15 PM

Sheer Terror is what truly got me into hardcore. There were a few bands I was already into, but I was still mostly a pure metalhead. Seeing Ugly and Proud at the record store was interesting, as I was already planning on getting a tattoo with the sentiment, but I hadn't picked the exact wording I wanted yet. I saw the album and it seemed impossible to ignore and I bought it. Since that day 20 odd years ago I've been obsessed with all things Sheer Terror. Their albums helped get me through more hard times than I care to remember. Finally seeing them live and meeting Paulie a couple of years ago one of the best days I've had in the last 10 years. I will always be a fan.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 04:26 PM

Embarrassing moment at the Khyber, before a Joe Coffee show....Paul walks into the bar area, future wife drunkenly yells: "look, it's your boyfriend!"

REV.PAULIE

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 11:49 AM

Sheesh.....

I'm glad that you found the positive in the negative that I was exorcising...Keep in mind,I was only a soundtrack. Everything else that keeps you going is you,and your strength to carry on. TOO DUMB TO DIE,is how I like to call it..Yet,I am still humbled and grateful for your words. Thank you.

I just found out that a sweetheart of a broad that I knew passed away...Apparent OD,but I never knew her to have any "problem" with anything..She was a true Southern Beauty...GeriLynn....She was a doll.....

Be good,everybody....As good as ya can,and within reason....

Will learn to Tap Dance,eventually...Will have you broads Hula,definitely...Trust me,you'll see.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-17-2013 at 07:45 PM

i remember being real young and hearing about Sheer Terror, they were supposedly the antidote to posi-core, then i saw the album at the local punk store, bought it on the name alone and wasn't disappointed in the slightest...
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 12-26-2013 at 01:25 AM

TOO DUMB TO DIE...pretty much sums it up...sorry to hear about your old friend Paulie. Seriously though, ST imparts much strength.

THORP

Go To Top