Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Throwdown
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 1-17-2014 at 12:37 PM
Throwdown

New album Intolerance is awesome. I usually avoid anything even remotely straight edge, but damn! Sounds like a lost Pantera album.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-17-2014 at 01:39 PM

I can't even remember the last time I heard anything about them. It's a shame, as I had hoped to never hear about them again.:P

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-17-2014 at 01:45 PM

Throwdown, sXe and Pantera...run, run for your lives.
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 1-18-2014 at 06:04 AM

definately better than the last two ones.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2014 at 12:55 PM

Throwdown turning to Pantera is what made me run away from them.

MattyA

[*] posted on 1-18-2014 at 02:21 PM

They lost me when they started to sound like Pantera, always liked the old singer better. There first album with this guy singing was pretty good though, but then it went downhill.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2014 at 03:17 PM

throw what?
SS76
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-19-2014 at 12:27 AM

what's the deal with Pantera here? What exactly does everyone dislike them for? Badass metal with a guitar sound like no other and typical hardcore style lyrics? Been a fan since like 92 when I bought Vulgar on cassette because the cover looked cool.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-19-2014 at 11:01 AM

I think the thing that turned people off on Pantera was that so many douchebags followed them back in the day.
Rednecks, jocks, etc. pretending to take that tough guy thing to heart, even if it wasn't intended to come off that way.
In fact, from what a friend told me, who had the pleasure of hanging with Darrel and Vinnie, is that those guys were solid, genuinely cool nice fellas.

I love Pantera musically, but Phil's dumb "what you talkin to me?" corn ball lyrics / vocals/ tude turned me off after a while. Maybe it is what I mentioned above, with bozos local to me strutting around in Pantera shirts starting fights and what not.

Having said that, I had them on the other day and thought on how sad it is that Darrel's life was cut short wondering what he could have been capable of musically had he not been murdered.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-19-2014 at 12:17 PM

I love Pantera. Saw them on every tour, including Cowboys from Hell when I was like 14 in a small club where Dimebag gave me a beer. Cool motherfuckers.

That said, I still think Throwdown chug gallons of cum provided by gay giraffes.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-19-2014 at 01:29 PM

That said, I still think Throwdown chug gallons of cum provided by gay giraffes.

:D
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 1-19-2014 at 04:25 PM

Jawn hit it on the head I think. Pantera just never clicked with me. Always seemed to just try hard and lacked a feeling of being believable maybe.

Older TD with the previous singer is my favorite. It's all a personal pref. Just my two cents.

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  
I think the thing that turned people off on Pantera was that so many douchebags followed them back in the day.
Rednecks, jocks, etc. pretending to take that tough guy thing to heart, even if it wasn't intended to come off that way.
In fact, from what a friend told me, who had the pleasure of hanging with Darrel and Vinnie, is that those guys were solid, genuinely cool nice fellas.

I love Pantera musically, but Phil's dumb "what you talkin to me?" corn ball lyrics / vocals/ tude turned me off after a while. Maybe it is what I mentioned above, with bozos local to me strutting around in Pantera shirts starting fights and what not.

Having said that, I had them on the other day and thought on how sad it is that Darrel's life was cut short wondering what he could have been capable of musically had he not been murdered.
SS76
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-20-2014 at 09:22 AM

I see where you're coming from.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 1-21-2014 at 05:07 AM

Phil fucks up Pantera like Bono fucks up U2 haha. Musically they're amazing but a lot of Phil's lyrics & definitely the attitude is where it turns to shit.

As for Throwdown, I can't remember the last time I listened to them and I have no desire to test the waters with this.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-22-2014 at 10:13 PM

last thing i head from them was Vendetta and i thought that was a Pantera tribute, but i'm curious about this new one...

i like Pantera, but so do a LOT of dickheads...
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-26-2014 at 09:46 PM

The last thing I liked from Throwdown was Haymaker. I thought that was a solid album, then Vendetta ruined it for me. I'm just not interested.

Go To Top