Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Amazon Fire TV
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 01:08 PM
Amazon Fire TV

Anybody use this? Sounds like it could be cool. Can't use it in Canada, just wondering if the service is as good as it claims on their site.

Same question about Roku? (which is surprisingly available in Canada)

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 01:40 PM

I've had the same roku box since 09 and I love it. I mostly just watch Netflix on it and a couple of the shows on Crakle. Somebody gave me theie MLB password so I could watch the Phillies play but after a season they must have cancelled their subscription. I like the interface better than apple tv and Xbox. Only downside is YouTube is not offered on it.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 10:24 PM

I have Google Chromecast. $35 and it is insanely easy. Anything on the internet can be sent to your TV
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 4-24-2014 at 06:56 AM

A guy I know in Melbourne got one today or yesterday, haven't seen much feedback on it yet. Wasn't even really sure what it was until I looked it up just now.

WDTV are meant to be really good, Sigma chipset, best entry level media streamer you can get and pretty sure it has Netflix available.

I've got a Dune and Zappiti Player, I don't stream anything ever because of shit Australian tv so I just use torrents. If we had better internet here I'd be more inclined to use something like this or Chromecast.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-28-2014 at 08:52 AM

Fire TV looks like it could be cool. I had a Chromecast but the "casting" icon only showed up less than 1/2 the time on my wife's phone so I sold it and picked up the newest Roku (the streaming stick) for $50 and it works great! I use Plex and get a TON of movies using their "unlisted channels".

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-28-2014 at 09:55 AM

Yeah I have issues with my chromecast and netflix with the icon disappearing. Have to restart the iphone a lot. I have never had the issue on my ipad though.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 04:09 PM

My phone worked 95% of the time with no problem but my wife's phone... yeah, it was horrible. Even restarting the phone and/or chromecast did nothing.

Go To Top