Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RIP Shane Williams from Bulldog Courage
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 08:24 PM
RIP Shane Williams from Bulldog Courage

Back in March, our hearts broke when Justin King, guitarist in Albany's Bulldog Courage, lost his battle with cancer. Then on Sunday, we were stunned to hear that his bandmate, Shane Williams, had died unexpectedly. We are honored to have worked with BDC and proud to call these guys our friends.

Shane and Justin, you will be missed every day. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family, friends and fellow Bulldogs: Buddy, Jameson and Ryan.

"stay close to your family and true to your friends - you may not ever get the chance to see them again"

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 08:26 PM

http://www.gunderhallandfolk.com/webcast/21104#.U2f2s0zmSR0

Shane M. Williams
Sept. 29, 1974 - May 4, 2014

Shane M. Williams, age 39, of Marion, Ohio, died unexpectedly Sunday, May 4, 2014 at Marion General Hospital. Shane was born on September 29, 1974 in Huntington, Indiana to Ronald L. and Winona (Huston) Williams. Shane was a fun loving man, he was sure to bring a smile to anyone's face and make them laugh. He was lovingly known as "Uncle Teddy Bear" by his many nieces and nephews and would always be the first to help out a friend. Being a music fan, he was a singer with Bull Dog Courage, and enjoyed hard core music. Shane was a sports enthusiast; he always cheered for his favorite teams which included Notre Dame, Oakland A's, The Jets, and The Philadelphia Flyers.

Shane is survived by his mother, Winona Williams, of Marion; brother, Timothy (Suzy) Williams of Huntertown, IN; sisters, Michelle (Matt) Sheppard of Marion; numerous nieces, nephews, and special brothers abroad; and faithful companion, Sheba the German Sheppard.

He was preceded in death by his father, Ronald L Williams.

May Shane rest in power.

Visitation will be held from 3 until 6PM on Friday, May 9, 2014 at Gunder/Hall & Folk Funeral Directors. Online condolences may be expressed at www.gunderhallandfolk.com.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 11:55 AM

Too many people have passed away over the past couple of years. RIP

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 08:40 PM

Bulldog Courage.

One of those bands that got me from the very first listen. Then, as things progressed and I met the band, loved the music even more and it carried more meaning.

Hearing of Justin's, and now Shane's, passing has left me numb and sad. Too many friends and associates passing away in the past 12 months. Ten years ago it was all weddings and birth. Now its all funerals and divorces.

But the memory of Shane and Justin reminds me of several things. That legacy and family matters. That friends matter. That music, art, and words spoken outlive our earthly stay. Shane was dedicated to his friends with furious loyalty. It was apparent in his entire approach on life and music. As was Justin. Justin was a dedicated and sacrificial family man who, like most of us, did what needed to be done to provide and keep the home fires burning. Shane was also a sacrificial caretaker of his family, moving to Ohio to care for his ill sister for an extended period of time. Lookin' after his own.

Family. Friendship. Loyalty. Sacrifice. Legacy. Bulldog Courage. Justin King. Shane Williams. Rest in peace, power, and serenity.

- THORP

Go To Top