Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: sucks to be this guy
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-13-2004 at 11:18 AM
sucks to be this guy

California Lottery Winner Shot to Death

SEATTLE - A man shot to death by police outside a football stadium has been identified by his family as one of the winners of an $87 million lottery jackpot.
?
Rick Camat, 32, was shot early Sunday as dozens of people fled to avoid a fight outside a bar before a St. Louis Rams-Seattle Seahawks game.

Police alleged that Camat was carrying a handgun and fired at a car that was leaving the area. Authorities said he crouched behind another vehicle and pointed a handgun at officers.

Relatives insisted Camat only fired into the air to break up the fight and said officers never issued a warning before shooting him.

"He shot once in the air to scare people away. He didn't aim it at anyone," said Camat's brother, Brian, who was with him at the time.

Officer Debra Brown said the family's account "differs vastly from the statements of dozens of witnesses who were at the scene that evening."

The officer who fired at Camat remains on paid administrative leave. An internal police review and a court inquest are planned.

Camat was one of 13 Starbucks employees in Los Angeles who shared an $87 million California lottery jackpot in 2000.

He recently bought a house in Federal Way, a suburb between Seattle and Tacoma, relatives said. He previously used his share of the lottery winnings to buy a house for his mother and cars for his siblings.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Lilith

Mood: Logical Nonsense

[*] posted on 10-13-2004 at 11:23 AM

at least he got to live it up a little before he kicked it. but seriously, how stupid do you have to be to shoot into the air to break up a riot?

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 10-13-2004 at 03:51 PM

What a fuckin idiot. Good idea, pull a gun and fire when there's a shitload of cops around you. Dumbass!

xPARROTx

[*] posted on 10-13-2004 at 04:13 PM

Quote:

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 10-13-2004 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xPARROTx
Quote:

You might want to fill out that post with some actual words as I don't see the conection. Danzig may be an egoist but I don't recall him winning the lottery or getting shot.

DAN SMASH
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-15-2004 at 08:19 AM

im glad we dont have such a gun culture as you guys.

GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 10-15-2004 at 10:05 AM

no shit, i hate all this gun shit in the us.
theres about 90% more guns in the US as compared to Cananda and the UK combined.
This really sucks. Imgaine if we got rid of all that shit.
Texas should succeed. so all you have are hunting rifles and wheatever those duche farmers use. and fuck the rest of you.

Go To Top