Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: any tips for a soon-to-be homeless guy?
Murk
Posting Freak

sad.gif posted on 8-7-2014 at 01:03 PM
any tips for a soon-to-be homeless guy?

after couch surfing for 2 years, i've run out of people to ask for a place to stay, so it looks like i'm headed to the shelter on Friday.

2 years ago, my girlfriend asked me to move out temporarily to give her space, then she boxed my shit up, stopped returning calls and turned her back. i begged her to give me some time and explained how hard it would be for me to survive without the friends and family a normal person has.

due to constant drama and bullshit, i just haven't been able to catch my breath and start rebuilding. i've done a terrible job of surrounding myself with people who will help when the going gets tough.

i have a little bit of money left, no credit, no car, no home, no income, no friends or family to fall back on, persistent anxiety and depression, huge debt, 3 judgments against me and a sincere coming to terms with impermanence.

according to Fight Club, this is freedom...
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 06:26 PM

All I can say is good luck. I'd be exactly where you are if not for my mom. Long story short, in very similar circumstances I ended up moving back to my mom's place six years ago. Without her I'd be fucked. Hopefully you find somebody or something that will give you a chance.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 8-8-2014 at 10:50 PM

Stay sober and keep pushing forward. Wish you the best man.
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 8-11-2014 at 07:35 PM

That sucks. Sorry to hear. Like barc0debaby said, keep moving forward.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-12-2014 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
All I can say is good luck. I'd be exactly where you are if not for my mom. Long story short, in very similar circumstances I ended up moving back to my mom's place six years ago. Without her I'd be fucked. Hopefully you find somebody or something that will give you a chance.
Your situation sounds SO MUCH like mine. I developed a very serious heroin addiction and though I have nearly a year clean, at this point, I would be SO fucked without my mom taking me back in and giving me a chance at redemption. Unlike many junkies would do, I took COMPLETE advantage of that chance too and though it was unbelievably difficult, I did get my shit together, for the most part, once again.
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-12-2014 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Murk  
after couch surfing for 2 years, i've run out of people to ask for a place to stay, so it looks like i'm headed to the shelter on Friday.

2 years ago, my girlfriend asked me to move out temporarily to give her space, then she boxed my shit up, stopped returning calls and turned her back. i begged her to give me some time and explained how hard it would be for me to survive without the friends and family a normal person has.

due to constant drama and bullshit, i just haven't been able to catch my breath and start rebuilding. i've done a terrible job of surrounding myself with people who will help when the going gets tough.

i have a little bit of money left, no credit, no car, no home, no income, no friends or family to fall back on, persistent anxiety and depression, huge debt, 3 judgments against me and a sincere coming to terms with impermanence.

according to Fight Club, this is freedom...
Brother I really hate to hear this. I was homeless for a while myself. I actually found a dumpster I slept in at night. It was used by the local newspaper office, so, the only thing that was ever put in it were excess newspapers each day that had not sold. I would crawl underneath a big pile of papers and get a few hours sleep and warmth. But it sucked. I remember how I was always so afraid that I would oversleep and still be in there when the big truck came to empty it.

I hope that you find someone willing to give you a chance at redemption and I hope that, if that does indeed occur, that you make the best of it that you possibly can. We can only do what we have within our power to do, but I find that often-time, we underestimate just how strong-willed we can truly be when we really dig deep within and try to make a great, positive change and better our selves and our situations.

But life is fucking hard man. I hope that your path eases up for ya brother.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 8-12-2014 at 09:25 PM

Moms are great.
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 8-13-2014 at 07:58 PM

If a dude's asking for tips, there's a good chance a happy ending with mom ain't happening.A life of crime is an option. Good criminals don't get caught. Alot of smug fucks deserve to be fucked over. Choose wisely.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 8-13-2014 at 08:00 PM

My opinion could be clouded by Wild Turkey Wednesday. But I doubt it.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 09:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SS76  
A life of crime is an option. Good criminals don't get caught. Alot of smug fucks deserve to be fucked over. Choose wisely.

this might be the coolest thing anyone has said to me in the last few years, thanks...
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2014 at 11:32 AM

man 5 years ago I was homeless as fuck, had a backpack, a skateboard and a burner cell phone with a few numbers of close friends. I found a couch to crash on and rebuilt everything I lost to a heroin junky of an ex. Good friends helped me out along the way as I could show I wasn't going to waste away and I busted my ass and I am in a much better place and much happier than I ever was. My single train of thought was if you are not happy with your life change it. Don't rely on anyone, find what makes you happy and do it. you can change anything but it all comes from within.

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-25-2014 at 02:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lifeisabitch  
Don't rely on anyone, find what makes you happy and do it. you can change anything but it all comes from within.

100% true. As bad as it is, try to turn it into a fresh start. Do something you weren't able to do before.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband

Go To Top