Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Blood for Blood
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 11:13 AM
Blood for Blood

Anybody know if they have any plans to release the stuff they recorded before the whole Buddha thing happen? Now that I think about it, did anything ever come of those charges?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
MattyA

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 09:50 PM

Never heard anything after that.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 08:08 AM

All I heard was BFB was dead and I wasn't expecting to ever hear the new album.

I just want the new fucking S&S to come out.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 09:21 AM

I may just be making up shit in my head (since I can't find it anymore), but I noticed that Mark Lind had something on his Facebook page a few weeks ago asking for recommendations on someone to license the vinyl for about 10 releases (mostly re-releasing previous stuff) including the Sinners and Saints, BFB, and Ramallah EPs that were recorded but never released. He needs to recoup the money spent recording the material.

Maybe Mark is around and can clarify... or call me a liar for making things up.

Never heard anything about the charges.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 8-27-2014 at 12:21 PM

^i remember Mark posting something about that. And to the best of knowledge I don't think anything ever came of the charges.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 9-11-2014 at 09:05 PM

Bloods For Blood news is the only reason I've checked this site EVERY DAY since 2008.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-15-2014 at 11:38 PM

^ ha!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 07:57 PM

I have both versions of the EP. There's one version with Buddha and there's one without him. You can't tell the difference between the two. No idea if it will ever be released.

It will take a lot of planning but I'm thinking of doing a campaign to release everything I've ever done on vinyl and that would include some releases I've paid for but didn't play on like Bryan McPherson and Rob's new songs.

I may be related to Rob and I've known Ian for at least 16 years but, first and foremost, I'm a fan of their band. I try to convince them to come back. Hopefully it happens one day. But who really knows? Rob wrote and recorded Outlaw Anthems in about 3 weeks. Theoretically he could have a new album out very quickly and it would blow people's minds. It's just a question of whether or not they want to go there or leave it in the past. It's their band and their lives so we have no say in the matter. Obviously they had a tough time following the incident that brought the band to an abrupt stop. But time heals wounds and maybe one day.......

For the record, I never attempt to bring this up with Rob. Actually, I never hear from Rob. But when I do I try not to mention this stuff and disrupt his serenity.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 11:27 PM

There may never be a return for BFB, but I'd be just as happy with new Ramallah and Sinners and Saints.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 07:24 AM

Mark how much money to leak those EP's? :cool:

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 11:33 PM

SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 9-25-2014 at 08:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
There may never be a return for BFB, but I'd be just as happy with new Ramallah and Sinners and Saints.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-27-2014 at 07:54 PM

fuck, i'd like to hear ANYTHING from Rob...
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 9-29-2014 at 05:38 PM

There is always the message of sitting on more material than ever and the band is gonna be back at it full bore, then nothing happens.

Is the band done now due to the whole Buddha thing? Does anyone know for sure?

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 06:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla  
There is always the message of sitting on more material than ever and the band is gonna be back at it full bore, then nothing happens.

As far as I know they have never got together to play again since they were rehearsing for those shows that were canceled. Rob retracked vocals in the studio but that has never been properly mixed or mastered. They've never heard from Buddha. They don't have an official drummer. And Craig has since joined Agnostic Front. Still, every band comes back. It always, always, always happens. Maybe some day?

If I were their manager then I know exactly what I'd do with them. But I'm not so it is their business and theirs alone.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 10-29-2014 at 10:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark Lind  
Quote: Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla  

As far as I know they have never got together to play again since they were rehearsing for those shows that were canceled. Rob retracked vocals in the studio but that has never been properly mixed or mastered. They've never heard from Buddha. They don't have an official drummer. And Craig has since joined Agnostic Front. Still, every band comes back. It always, always, always happens. Maybe some day?

If I were their manager then I know exactly what I'd do with them. But I'm not so it is their business and theirs alone.

Thanks as always Mark. Given your manager statement above, what would you have done at that time? Very curious to hear.

Go To Top