Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: This Ferguson Thing
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 11-23-2014 at 12:32 PM
This Ferguson Thing

I am curious. Not wanting to post on who is right and who is wrong.

I work on the very edge of Ferguson. You would never know anything is happening there. It is very concentrated. My office building has new fencing put up, plywood stacked in the parking lot for if/when windows are busted, a tractor trailer sized generator in the parking lot for emergency and we have new high powered cameras facing Ferguson and the highway.

Is this a major topic of conversation where you live? We are consumed with it all due to being here in STL. I have been told that Seal Team 6 is here. I don't believe it but that is the height of the insanity here I think.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 03:02 PM

There's been some coverage here, but not too much lately. When the shooting first happened it was a hot topic for a week or so, and then the next big story hit and that was that.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 03:41 PM

So from the sounds of it, your building is planning for a full scale riot?
Like real deal ?

Not sure if I ever heard of something like that.

Wait, you did mention at some point you trained law enforcement right? Would your building be a likely target for this?
Dennis Mc

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 07:21 PM

I live close to Oakland and do a lot of jobs there. The media has been covering the story here because whenever anywhere else riots so does Oakland. Be safe!
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-25-2014 at 12:13 AM

Glad I'm nowhere near there right now, and especially glad I'm not the one who had to announce the decision of the grand jury. It's

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-25-2014 at 07:58 AM

It's sort of in the news here, but some cricket player got cracked in the noggin with a ball so that's the top story...

I think protestors are going about it all wrong through. Destroying everything, burning down their own neighbourhoods and businesses, what the fuck is that gonna do?

They need to take the protest style of Occupy, or take a page out of protestors from Latin America, Europe (Spain for instance) or placed like Bangkok and Hong Kong. A long, drawn out, and hugely massive protest. Shut down the city, sit and sleep on the streets, grind everything to a halt. Make an actual impact, without destroying any property.

Tens of thousands in each city protesting, blockades. That's the only way to do it if the past 10 years or so of various global protest have shown.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-25-2014 at 10:46 AM

right now they are talking about how Phily might get 3 inches of snow more than the Ferguson deal.
MattyA

[*] posted on 11-25-2014 at 11:32 PM

Protesters tried to march on to the highway here and shut it down, but the cops stopped them. They are now marching through the streets of Boston.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 11-26-2014 at 11:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JawnDiablo  
So from the sounds of it, your building is planning for a full scale riot?
Like real deal ?

Not sure if I ever heard of something like that.

Wait, you did mention at some point you trained law enforcement right? Would your building be a likely target for this?

Yes and yes I did but that was a previous job. I still talk to some of the police I trained. Real nice peeps.

Yeah so the fires you saw that first night are less than a mile from my office. Yet again, you'd never now. Its crazy how concentrated it is and was. Shit got real crazy real fast.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-27-2014 at 09:38 PM

media makes it sound like the whole fuckin city was LA Riots...
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 11-28-2014 at 02:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Murk  
media makes it sound like the whole fuckin city was LA Riots...

The amount of involvement by the media in this whole thing is disgusting. They've gone from being unbiased observers to directly injecting themselves in the narrative. Basically trying to agitate the situation to get footage of a good riot. Fuck social responsibility, we need some ratings!

Go To Top