Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Where were you the day the Thorp Board died?
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 01:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by forsaken  
Well I've been on life support, in a coma and learning to walk and type again. Don't know what everyone elses excuse is.
Holy shit man? Like the others asked...WTF happened? How are you now? That SUCKS man, I really hate to heart that.

I wish that this forum was like it was back in 2005/2006...hell, even some years afterwards, but damn, it's just DEAD. So bad that I only come here to look like once a month (if I remember). I just find it sad because I fucking LOATHE Facebook. Fuck FB.

I much prefer actually posting HERE to fucking around on that stupid fucking site that is becoming a government "registry" - "watch you if need be" site. A "confirm your identity by sending us a scan of your Drivers License" and you "HAVE to use your REAL names now unless you can prove your in a popular enough band" bullshit. (Those using fake names, etc.? If they haven't gotten you yet - your time is coming).

Does anyone else not find it AMAZING how quickly they ascended and completely squashed what had, only one to two years prior, been THE biggest social site on the web ("MySpace" - which I STILL MISS and think was 1000x more fun/superior to FB which I mostly find boring as shit). I'm not generally a "conspiracy theorist", but I almost can not HELP but think that they had a little "help along the way". With MILLIONS of people having an account? It just creates an environment where, if someone becomes suspected of (whatever)? They are EASILY found - and then, if they have FB on their smart phones? Track-able too! I just think that there's something to it all....

Were it literally not for 5, maybe up to 10 people - old friends that are now living long distances away? I would ABSOLUTELY have deleted my account when they locked me out and made me send them a scan of my DL to "prove I was me" - and I was using my REAL NAME to begin with!).

I've never mentioned it on here and I'm sure that no one really cares, but me and GG Allin were friends and therefore, many of HIS closest friends became MY friends and, it's THOSE people (some of the old Jabbers members included) that is keeping me on FB for the most part. Otherwise? They would have been told "FUCK OFF" when they requested my DL scan (I DID get to block the DL# - and like a MORON I FORGOT TO - but they wanted the photo, birth-date and my name, promising to immediately "destroy" said document post approval).

It took them about a week and they basically said "thanks for confirming your identity! Your account is now unlocked"....I just think that it's a load of bullshit. Whatever though. Their site? Their rules. I can bitch and whine 'til I'm blood-red in the veins and you can see my pulse in my protruding neck veins but? Absolutely ZERO will be achieved. And thus? The beat goes on....
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 05:43 PM

Those name rules are crazy. Paulie had the same problem, among many others.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 02:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Discipline  
Those name rules are crazy. Paulie had the same problem, among many others.
Oh wow, I did not know that. That sucks.

I have a feeling that MOST (maybe even ALL, by some point) will be required to "prove" who they are. I think it's complete bullshit. But again? Their site? Their rules. And they KNOW IT too.

I STILL think that they had some heavy-handed "helping hands" in some really high places helping them become THE biggest social media site on the web and pretty much becoming the death knell of MySpace. It was like, one day EVERYBODY had a MySpace account. A year later? It was a virtual ghost-town. There's truly nothing that great about FB comparatively IMO. So how the HELL did they pull that off. And now? There have been movies made about it, they are an actual stock option, etc. I just really think it was more than simple "luck".

I don't feel the same way regarding Google. I just think that they became one of the best search engine options and grew over a 5 to 10 yr. period of time, carefully creating other options (Google Earth, for example) to go along with their search engine. I just think that they worked hard, hired incredibly intelligent people and picked/chose their non-search-engine creations very carefully over time.

I just feel different in regards to FB. I may be WAY off & totally wrong, but, I just can't shake that feeling....
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top