Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Another one that should be drug into the street and beaten senseless...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-28-2005 at 11:45 PM
Another one that should be drug into the street and beaten senseless...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/more/07/28/co...

THIS CUNT OFFERED CASH TO ONE KID TO HURT ANOTHER KID, A RETARDED KID, ON THEIR TEAM SO HE COULDN'T PLAY FUCKING T-BALL!!!

------

'I did something ignorant'
Coach to stand trial for offering T-ball bounty
Posted: Thursday July 28, 2005 5:37PM; Updated: Thursday July 28, 2005 7:51PM

Mark R. Downs Jr. will have to stand trial and face numerous charges.
AP

UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) -- Standing so he could be seen from the witness stand, a youth baseball player calmly told a courtroom how he beaned a mentally disabled teammate with a ball during warm-ups to knock the boy out of the game.

Eight-year-old Keith Reese said that he hit teammate Harry Bowers because his coach offered him $25 to do so.

A district judge ordered T-ball coach Mark R. Downs Jr. to stand trial on charges including criminal solicitation to commit assault after both boys testified at a preliminary hearing Thursday.

Downs, 27, of Dunbar, is accused of offering the payment to Reese before a June 27 playoff game.

Prosecutors claim Downs did not want Bowers to play because the boy isn't as talented as other players. Bowers has a speech impairment, a form of autism and mild mental retardation, said his mother, Jennifer Bowers.

Downs' attorney, Thomas W. Shaffer, denied the allegations.

But Reese, fidgeting occasionally and often resting his arms on the witness stand, did not waver in his accusations.

"He told me if I would hit Harry in the face, he would pay me $25," Reese, wearing a T-shirt and shorts, told a small courtroom crammed with spectators.

Reese said the coach wanted Bowers out of the game. His first throw hit Bowers in the groin area, the second in the head.

After the first throw, Downs "told me to go out there and hit him harder. So I went out and hit him in the ear," Reese said.

The victim's mother said the beaning left her son's ear beet-red and slightly bloody.

Reese said he had never warmed up with Bowers before; he usually tossed the ball around with two other teammates on the Falcons.

Reese's father, Keith Reese Sr., said he thought something was wrong. "I told my wife I don't know why Keith's warming up with Harry because Harry can't even catch the ball and Keith's very good."

After her son was hit, Bowers said the coach suggested her son sit out the game, which he did. "He said the balls must be after him," she testified.

Downs will be arraigned Sept. 15 in Fayette County court on two counts of criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault and one count each of corruption of minors, criminal conspiracy and recklessly endangering another person.

The elder Reese said that after the playoff game, the coach admitted to having offered the younger Reese money to hurt his teammate.

"He told me, 'I did something ignorant. I told [Keith] I'd give him $25 to hit Harry in the face to take him out of the game,"' Reese said.

The coach's attorney said his client likely was referring to a previous game, when Downs jokingly told his team he'd offer $25 to "anybody who can line drive the ref with the ball" when he was cautioned by the umpire.

But the elder Reese said it wasn't the first time the coach indicated he wanted to keep Bowers from playing. Reese said Downs had called his home at one point during the playoffs and said that if Bowers' mother called, "you just tell her the game's canceled, we're not going to play it."'

The younger Reese said Downs never paid him. When the boy asked for the money after the game, which the Falcons won, the coach said he'd get the $25 if he signed up for the fall season, the boy testified.

The team is part of the R.W. Clark Youth Baseball League, which ended its T-ball season earlier this month. The game was in nearby North Union Township, 40 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

League President Eric Forsythe said league officials looked into accusations against Downs before the season ended, but could not prove the coach did anything wrong. But Forsythe said neither of the boys involved in the incident was interviewed.

League organizers have said Downs won't be allowed to coach again if he is convicted of criminal charges. Shaffer said Downs is not suspended and remains a coach in the league.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-28-2005 at 11:47 PM

defstarsteve, this is your town, isn't it. i want you to go down to the court house and smash this fucker in the face with a bat. leave him mentally handicapped so i can come out there and throw baseballs at his head.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 7-29-2005 at 12:02 AM

yea i heard about that one. makes my fucking blood boil just thinking about it. they should tie that cunt to a fence and get someone to whip 100mph fastballs at his head for a few days and then leave him to fucking die.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 7-29-2005 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
makes my fucking blood boil just thinking about it. they should tie that cunt to a fence and get someone to whip 100mph fastballs at his head for a few days and then leave him to fucking die.

I couldn't have said it better!

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-29-2005 at 10:16 AM

It's insane how competitive sports have become, that people would sink to this level to win a kids game.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-29-2005 at 06:06 PM

i coached my sons baseball team this summer, and i encountered some real ass hole parents. especially other coaches. some played dirty, and encouraged the kids to as well. these ass holes probably never won anything in their lives to begin with and some of them were even ready to brawl with us .
our team was the most hated, because we were actually good sports and treated the kids well, and didnt freak out when we lost, and we weere #1 all season with 4 ADD kids on the team
as for the ass hole mentioned above, im sure my other coaches and i would love to go a few rounds with him in the courthouse parking lot...he probably ruined the poor kids outlook on allot of stuff...
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 10-14-2005 at 01:07 PM

That is truly fucked. What about the kid he paid. What's he telling that kid through his actions? These are eight year old kids. If I was that handicapped kids father I'd have a hard time not shoving a baseball down that fuckers throat.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Terror Aesthetic

Mood: bright eyes felching weakertha

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 12:10 AM

you know ive always supported the death penalty and not given a fuck what stereotypical guilty white liberal it offended but in recent times im thinking life in prison with no chance of parole might be even worse. if they want to castrate and blind scum like that then id consider it a bonus. fuck having pity on the criminal..this society ignores the victim. you prey on the innocent and the helpless? you cant fucking suffer enough. end of story.

he\'s dead jim - that dumb fucking show
Terror Aesthetic

Mood: bright eyes felching weakertha

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 12:11 AM

and i say let the victims family hold the knife.

he\'s dead jim - that dumb fucking show

Go To Top