Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I finally got...
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 08:15 PM
I finally got...

an ipod today. My car stereo has been fucked up for so long that something had to change. Got one of those adaptors so you can play it through the radio so now I can cruise in style.

Now I just gotta figure out how to work the damn thing. It can suck being a techno-dummy sometimes.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 11:09 PM

which ipod did you get? i have the itrip (fm broadcast thing) that i use whenever we rent a car, but honestly, the ol' raido shack cassette adaptor works better!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 01:16 AM

I got the 1gb ipod shuffle. I couldn't get the itrip adaptor cause it isn't compatible cause the shuffle is so small. I got one called the iriver from another company that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 06:18 AM

I have the 20 gig, but want a bigger one. I had an aux. jack on the back of my radio so I had them wire it so that the aux. jack input is in the glove compartment and I just run the wire out of the glove compartment when I want to listen to it. Sound quality is great and its pretty convient.

My roommate got a new car stereo installed at Bestbuy for like $150 everything included. Its got an aux. jack right on the front. Super convient!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 07:17 AM

aahhh, i've seen that thing for the shuflle, it looks pretty cool. wiring it directly to the stereo is the way to go. of course, i don't even have a car, so what do i know.

i got the 40G like two years ago, and i use it every day. sometimes i worry when i'm scrolling through the list of... *checks iTunes* ...473 artists and 569 albums and i can't find anything i'm in the mood for!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
sometimes i worry when i'm scrolling through the list of... *checks iTunes* ...473 artists and 569 albums and i can't find anything i'm in the mood for!

hahah that happens to me ALL the time! I only have the 20 gig, but Ive filled it 3 times over. No matter what I put on there I seem to listen to the same like 10 records. Oh well... at least they are there INCASE I have the urge to listen to something differant.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 12:36 PM

I went for the smaller shuffle cause it was the only one I could afford. But on the plus side, it says it holds 240 songs but I got 392 onto it. Gotta love hardcore and it's short songs.

Plus, I've put a good chunk of my cd collection onto my computer so I've got about 4500 songs to choose from. Not too big a deal to change what's on the the ipod.

GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 12:41 PM

Im too broke to have an ipod.

Oh well.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 12:44 PM

yeah, the way they market mp3 players is a little annoying. they always advertise how many songs you can fit, and that is TOTALLY misleading cause for the most part, the general public is still a little confused by disk space. if you encode your files to some horribly crap level, then you could probably get 1,000 on there! i encode mine higher than the 128 they uses to average the number of songs, so i get fewer than advertised. but you're right, the short hardcore songs do work against the average song lengths they use to calculate the number.

i forget is the shuffle usb or firewire? how long does it take to load up? isn't there some feature in itunes that shows how much room you have left as you're preparing the list of songs to transfer?

hollymaconmovies

Mood: Drops of Jupiter

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 01:57 PM

I have the shuffle(500MB ($100)also comes in a 1GB version for 50 bucks more), it's USB. Very basic though. Stop, play, pause, forward, back and volume control. Two modes...Random shuffle or the order in which they were loaded on. The battery life indicator is an LCD light. It suits my needs just fine though.

I have an FM transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack. It works relatively well, except when you get close to a radio station using the frequency your on. Around Albany, it works fairly well, only fades out on occasion, but down near White Plains, it's useless. There are four frequecy options on mine 88.1, 88.3, 88.5 and 88.7. Also, they eat batteries, but I just pick them up at the dollar store and keep in the glove box. It also works with my portable DVD player to transmit movies over the car stereo speakers.

I also have a cigarette lighter adapter that I can plug my shuffle into through the USB connection and charge it in the car. (Has a fire wire adapter too, so you could use it for the regular iPod).

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 03:07 PM

Yeah, I got the 1GB shuffle. I think it'll do me just fine. The FM transmitter I got plugs in the car lighter so I don't need batteries for it, plus it goes through the whole range of FM stations, not just a select few.

hollymaconmovies

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Yeah, I got the 1GB shuffle. I think it'll do me just fine. The FM transmitter I got plugs in the car lighter so I don't need batteries for it, plus it goes through the whole range of FM stations, not just a select few.

Nice. How much was the transmitter you bought, and where'd you get it?

RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
which ipod did you get? i have the itrip (fm broadcast thing) that i use whenever we rent a car, but honestly, the ol' raido shack cassette adaptor works better!

I have an iPod Photo (40g). The FM broadcast transmitter that i have is called *Monster iCarPlay wireless* it plugs into the cigarette lighter and charges the iPod while you use it.
I have to agree with duane though... the sound that i get with a cassette adaptor is alot better.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hollymaconmovies
Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline

Nice. How much was the transmitter you bought, and where'd you get it?

It's called the iRiver. I got it at Best Buy for $59.99, but that's up here in Canaduh. I don't know what it would cost in the U.S.

hollymaconmovies

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 04:10 PM

Unfortunately for me, my cassette player is shot and I don't have a CD player. I use the transmitter for my portable CD player as well.

Shane
* THORP STAFF *

Mood: Kids Like Us - Outta Control

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 04:16 PM

Cassette adapter is the way to go. Unless you have aux input on your car stereo. Then that is the way.

I've had my 15GB for like 2 years now. Love the thing to death. My iTunes library though is 70GB so I am constantly changing stuff. Nothing like having 759 Artists, 1,206 Albums, and 12,876 songs. Sad part is, I am still ripping my CD/Record/Cassette collection too...
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 04:19 PM

I still like my portable cd player. If I lose it Im not out $400!
cary thrasher

Mood: watching soia

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 07:56 PM

i have a 40g photo. it's badass. i had to take out a loan just to get it. i use it most everyday. i haven't sprung for a fm transmitter, cause they are shit. i usually just wear the headphones when i drive. (only on the highway)

but for ipod car audio check this fucker out:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leadin...

you have to have one of the compatible stereos, and the interface is like $100 but it's un-fucking-touchable. i'm getting a new car this month and i'll probably have this before the car.

f.u.m.f.
hollymaconmovies

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cary thrasher
ii usually just wear the headphones when i drive. (only on the highway)

oh, well as long as it's only the highway.:P Seriously, you musn't. Not that I haven't seriously considered it in moments of desparation when my transmitter dies, but you just can't do this.

Go To Top