Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Starkweather progress ----------------
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 04:05 PM
Starkweather progress ----------------

Hey Boycott, it's Todd from Stakweather. I just sent a new update to our website and it's been posted. Nothing good is happening with the band, just one shit sandwich after another. Oh, there's also a new interview with Rennie posted on there. I wish I had something constructive to say but This piece of shit record is dragging on forever and so far there is no end in sight.

The only good news is that my life is such a fucking disaster right now that I'm writing a lot of new material and have been demoing it at I Am The Cheese Studios in Mahopac, New York. We may practice (for the first time since we recorded the basic tracks) next weekend in Philly.

Remember kids, the sharp end of the knife should point TOWARD you...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-7-2004 at 09:03 AM

i don't remember anything about splatter pink vinyl. i might actually have to buy that. now if i could just find my copy of the silver 7" they did with season to risk...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-7-2004 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
ah, it's gonna be worth the wait

and mastodon is a good way to pass the time in the meanwhile

these are both true statememnts.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-10-2004 at 03:06 AM

that Screaminal interview had a great Rennie quote. perhaps my second favorite Rennie quote ever....

"I have no desire to tour with a band, I don't like moving furniture, I don't enjoy confined spaces, I like time to myself."

that strikes me as an understatement.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-10-2004 at 04:19 AM

About ten years ago, Rennie and I were discussing some new release, and in a rare outbust of support for an album, he exclaimed, "It's so fuckin' great, it's retarted." To this day, I have no idea what the album was, but I use the line every chance I get.

Just imagine... something had reached a level of such greatness, that it actually became mentally handicapped. Wow, that's some deep shit.

TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-12-2004 at 12:30 AM

Hey Big Duane! Rennie and I are going to Canada in early January to finish this fucking abortion. Sorry, Boycott, but it will NOT be worth the wait. Here's my advice: Go buy Article of Faith-In This Life, The Cure Disintegration, and Origin-Informis, Infinitas, Inhumanitas, listen to those non stop and wait for the Starkweather album AFTER Croatoan to come out and buy that. You will not be disappointed. I'm gonna be auctioning off some of my 7 inches some time in the next month or so because I need a new guitar. All 80's hardcore, no bootlegs, all good condition in plastic sleeves. Anyone interested can email me. gzattf@hotmail.com. There will be NO fucking bargains.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-12-2004 at 03:55 AM
sharpen your knife.

todd - keep in mind that after 10 years of waiting, those of us who enjoy the music you make are thankful for whatever we can get. i've listened to croatoan just about every day since i got it, and it continues to make me happy. (that is to say, it infuriates me, which in turn makes me feel great.) i get three hours of sleep a night, and when i need a bump, croatoan is my go-to album.

just out of curiousity, have you been happy with any of the starkweather releases by the time they finally hit the stores?

and finally, send over that list of vinyl when you have a chance.

TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-12-2004 at 10:40 AM

Hey Duane-O, I'm glad that you're enjoying the album and I think about why you're sleeping three hours a night often. If our album helps with that then I don't feel like such a piece of shit. To answer your question about being happy with our earlier releases by the time they hit the store- no, I was never satisfied ("The desire for perfection is that desire which makes every pleasure appear incomplete, for there is no joy or pleasure so great in this life that it can quench the thirst in our souls." Dante). I'm definitely proud of Crossbearer and Into the Wire. They were recorded with passion, skill, and a singular focus. They were well rehearsed by a band who, though never ever spoken, loved and cared about each other deeply. I've always been disappointed in the recordings more than the songs, which leads us to Croatoan... Things change, and I accept that. My life withMichelle fell apart and she divorced me and we lost one quarter of the soul of Starkweather. Michelle brought an oddball style to the band because she listened to things that Rennie, Harry, and I didn't; things like Neil Young, Sonic Youth, and De La Soul. So for Croatoan we assembled the best band we could, using very skilled musicians, but the same singular vision was gone. Croatoan was recorded in a manner I'm not comfortable with (no, the whole thing was not assembled with pro-tools) and I think it's ok, nothing better, nothing worse. Rennie and I didn't start Starkweather to be"ok". There are songs that I really like on the album-Wilding and Silken Garotte (Infinity Coil) come to mind but the album doesn't represent the hell that I've lived in the last 5 years. I have been to places that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Sorry for the long winded reply but you caught me in an odd reflective mood. All that being said-wait til you hear Rennies vocal performance and Harry's drumming- 2 things I'm definitely proud of. Todd.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 12-13-2004 at 12:36 PM

AOF were amazing. such an underrated band
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-8-2005 at 02:45 PM

Hey, Rennie and I got back from Canadia on Thursday night and I can report that the album is finally mixed. The thing came out better than it had any right to and I don't hate it as much. Hopefully we can get the mastering done in the next month and get this thing out. Paul Romano has just started working on the layout so there's a light at the end of the tunnel. The website should have an update by Tuesday. www.holyterror.com/starkweather.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 04:22 AM

Quote:
In the same package from Very I also got a bunch of Starkweater stickers courtesy of a certain band member... awesome....

???

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 05:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by TTF
Here's my advice: Go buy Article of Faith-In This Life, The Cure Disintegration, and Origin-Informis, Infinitas, Inhumanitas, listen to those non stop...

Got Origin in the mail yesterday... I expected some experimental shit or whatever, but it's straight up DEATH METAL.... Yeeaaahh!

In the same package from Very I also got a bunch of Starkweather stickers courtesy of a certain band member... awesome....

Who's Rick Rodney and why should he get fucked?

He was the singer for Strife

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 05:09 AM

Where did that come from

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 05:16 AM

Still don't see it, guess I'm blind. Whatever.

Go To Top