Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Voivods "piggy" died last night
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

sad.gif posted on 8-27-2005 at 08:06 PM
Voivods "piggy" died last night

Not sure if anyone on this board is a VoiVod fan, but I've always thought they were an amazing band. Never could pigeonhole their sound and they evolved on every record.

Only 45 and dead of colon cancer - that's some bad stuff

makes me think that the American Cancer Society's recommendations for screening starting at 50 should be dropped significantly lower. I'm hearing more and more cases of 30 and 40 somethings getting this form of cancer.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-27-2005 at 08:08 PM

That fuckin sucks. I used to love Voivod back in the day.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-27-2005 at 11:08 PM

Definitly sad. They were working on new stuff too. I read that its all demoed and sounds awesome, but it wasnt finished because they were waiting for Jason Newsted to come back. He was being treated for tendenitis.
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 02:54 AM

im 21 and i think i have colon cancer, but i always get paranoid about shit like that

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killthehumans
im 21 and i think i have colon cancer, but i always get paranoid about shit like that
I'm 30 and I think I have it too - well, not sure about "cancer" but I really do think I have a polyp or something at the very least. Certain symptoms lead me to believe such. I'll probably go have a colonoscopy done before the year is over. I'm self-employed with no medical insurance, so I guess I'll have to pay it out of pocket. I need to really start looking into buying some good medical insurance very soon.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 07:54 PM

what are the signs of colon cancer
SHAKO KEN

Mood: cynic

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 08:57 PM

blood in the stool, change in bowel habits, unexplained weight loss. but there are other bowel diseases that can cause those symptoms. if you're worried about getting it, cut down on red meat cause it's a major riskfactor.
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 09:53 PM

"thin" shit is also a symptom. In other words, if your turds are thinner than they used to be, that's a sign of some kind of obstruction. Of course, it can be caused by lots of stuff other than colon cancer, but it's better to be safe than sorry and have it checked out.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 10:06 PM

my turds vary considering what i consume....beer and coffee intake brings on anal blasts, while if i stick to salads, i shit out leaves.....
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 10:19 PM

I am worried of this. I have never had a DOC looka t my ass yet. A friend of mine said it's really defeating. Esp if the Doc is all casual about it. He said that after it was done his ass felt all wet and slimey all day because the shit they put on the gloves to lube his fingers was still up in there. That sucks. I am thinking of going too since I got a little one on the way now.

By the way I never liked voivod but I am aware of the following they had. Kind of like RUSH I always thought.
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I am worried of this. I have never had a DOC looka t my ass yet. A friend of mine said it's really defeating. Esp if the Doc is all casual about it. He said that after it was done his ass felt all wet and slimey all day because the shit they put on the gloves to lube his fingers was still up in there. That sucks. I am thinking of going too since I got a little one on the way now.

By the way I never liked voivod but I am aware of the following they had. Kind of like RUSH I always thought.
I've had the prostate exam where they stick their finger up your ass and feel and prod on your prostate - it HURTS. No fun at all. They'll push hard on it and make you ejaculate the fluid that's in there so they can examine it or send it off to be examined or whatever. No fun.

I think the colorectal exam, they kind of sedate you and stick a long, thin tube up your ass that has a tiny camera on it and they look on a monitor for any polyps or obstructions. I think if they find smaller cysts or polyps they can go ahead and snip them off at that time as well. I need to have this done, but I have no clue how much it will cost me out of pocket. If they touch you, it seems like it's an automatic couple hundred dollars. That's one thing I like about Canada is their free health care system. I could go have this done and pay very little to nothing at all!

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2005 at 06:04 PM

I've had the prostate exam where they stick their finger up your ass and feel and prod on your prostate - it HURTS. No fun at all. They'll push hard on it and make you ejaculate the fluid that's in there so they can examine it or send it off to be examined or whatever. No fun. ........are you serious?
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2005 at 06:09 PM

i got a colonoscopy about a year ago
i have colitis and had to make sure i didnt have the cancer
it was really not bad at all
they knock you out and it only takes a few mins
no big deal
i would talk anyone through one

you come at the king....you best not miss
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2005 at 10:15 PM

i should probably get checked out head to toe because the last 15 years have been quite unhealthy. plus my brother had a very rare form of cancer in a tumor around his lungs and nearly died from the shit at the age of 21. he is well now, but when i look at it, that kid was the opposite of me, and got it outa sheer bad luck. i have cheated death numerous times and lived to tell about it, but i now feel my luck could run out.there is disease on both sides of my bloodline be it diabetes or cancer of whatever sort. i have an 8 year old son, and wanna be around for all the stuff ahead. time to get probed
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-30-2005 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
I've had the prostate exam where they stick their finger up your ass and feel and prod on your prostate - it HURTS. No fun at all. They'll push hard on it and make you ejaculate the fluid that's in there so they can examine it or send it off to be examined or whatever. No fun. ........are you serious?
Yes - very serious - prostatitis runs in both sides of my family, so when I get it (last case I had was back around 97, so maybe I won't get it again, knock on wood) I have to go and get that exam done. When they stick their finger up your ass and push on your prostate, it causes you to ejaculate the fluid that's in the prostate at that time through a very limp dick - and it fucking hurts BAD. It hurt so bad last time I had it done, I stood up on my tip-toes and the pain ran all the way down into my friggin' toenails. It was some super intense pain. Nothing I look forward to ever having done to me again.

Go To Top