Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: looting in New Orleans.
bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
Just how many bible belt Southerners do you know living in Albany? I'm sure there are religious freaks living on Long Island who hate NY for the same reasons. The real reason why some Southern people hate the East Coast in general is because everyone there thinks Southerners are dumb and slow.

You see I use to be in this thing called a band, and we traveled. I also have family and friends down there and I also (sometimes because my dad raced Nascar) have conversations with people who come to NY on vacation. I also work in a community where a ton of people migrate back and forth. Never mind my family lives by ground zero... the mecca of southern tourism. I atleast have had a conversation with one person from the good old south a month. Some of them family who I love but who just don't get it.

Never mind the idiot pundits on TV and this entire administration. The things that come out of the mouths of people who represent the southern states blow me away.

bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 01:00 PM

actually a ton, I just posted a huge repsonse and it got lost. I have family in the south, never mind you people elect some of the most ass backwards humans to ever grace the earth.

I also run into them because my family lives by ground zero, and it has become the Mecca for southern tourist, which I think it tasteless.

bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 01:00 PM

shit it posted, po well

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 01:19 PM

I can end this right now, with the southern and northern thing, I was born and raised in New England, spent the first 25 years of my life there, then I moved to Virginia and have sepnt alot of time in West Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina along with VA. Now........people from the South are a little slow in my experience, but I dont mean dumb. Just simple and laid back is all whereas the people in the north (especially new york) are very fast paced and quick speaking, and have shorter tempers. These are the differences between the two as I see them, if I had to pick one or the other when it comes to ignorant people per capita, I would have to say New York, I do not care for alot of the people I have met from there. present company excluded of course:)
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 04:42 PM

boom
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 04:50 PM

It's funny I actually met this guy named Mike in Moyok North Carolina that has a full Officers uniform from the Southern side of the civil war. This crazy bastard will get stinky drunk and stand in his front yard in full regalia screaming about Yankee this and Yankee that while simultaneously swinging his officers blade wildly, what a trip this guy is, and a fountain of information historically speaking. But to see him, you would think he was just another poor white trash hick, how wrong you would be.
hollymaconmovies

Mood: Drops of Jupiter

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 05:46 PM

The current political and economic climate in the world is really bringing out the worst in people. I sure hope we don't let our governments bring us down at the knees. I don't know why specifically this hurricane in New Orleans is bringing up so much North vs. South tension, but this is not the only place I've seen it, and it sickens me.

United we stand, divided we fall people.

Times are tough and we need to put our differences aside and stand together. If we start bickering over stupid shit, it will take our focus off of the real problems we face.

There are assholes everywhere. Rude people, red necks, elitests etc. etc. North vs. South, Democrat vs. Republican, the US vs. the World....Who needs this shit? I'm not saying 'can't we all just get along', I'm saying Don't take your eyes off of the real issues. War, Terror, Disaster, the Environment, the economy.

All I can say is, I see a real need for us, America as a country and the World as a community, to attempt to band together and fix what's wrong. We all have our own lives, and we all have our own problems, but if we don't address the issues at hand, and soon, I seriously fear the consequences. Governments should not be running the world, people should be running the world through their Governments.

I'll be the first one to admit, I've been caught up in my day to day, and letting other people worry about taking care of the issues. And I've come to realize recently, that that is not acceptable. I alone probably can't change the world. But I'm not going to sit here and watch it go to hell, and complain, while I doing nothing. Starting today, I'm going to take steps, however small, to make an impact. Because if I'm going down, I'm going down fighting, not silently at the hands of a government with an agenda I don't agree with.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bystanderfanzine.com

You see I use to be in this thing called a band, and we traveled. I also have family and friends down there and I also (sometimes because my dad raced Nascar) have conversations with people who come to NY on vacation. I also work in a community where a ton of people migrate back and forth. Never mind my family lives by ground zero... the mecca of southern tourism. I atleast have had a conversation with one person from the good old south a month. Some of them family who I love but who just don't get it.

Never mind the idiot pundits on TV and this entire administration. The things that come out of the mouths of people who represent the southern states blow me away.

You see what I'm saying? You talk down to me because you think you're sharper than I am. Your points about Southern people remind me of shit I hear racist people say about black people. "Man niggers all do this or all say that, man they're stupid" Bottomline is I take offense at generalized shit talking about the South and its people because that's my home. Of course we have more than our share of problems as you so kindly pointed out for me, like I don't know, but not everyone is the moral high-horse riding hillbilly that you're talking about. And that's why I'm giving you shit.

thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 11:37 PM

there are fucked up people every where.
north, south, east and west there are fucked up people.

its just a shame now that the catastrophy these people are involved in is being over shadowed by some jackasses looting televisions and jewelry.
i can see taking food, dry clothes, medicines, and other things you need to survive.... but a tv.

\"thank you very little\"
bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
Quote:
Originally posted by bystanderfanzine.com

You see what I'm saying? You talk down to me because you think you're sharper than I am. Your points about Southern people remind me of shit I hear racist people say about black people. "Man niggers all do this or all say that, man they're stupid" Bottomline is I take offense at generalized shit talking about the South and its people because that's my home. Of course we have more than our share of problems as you so kindly pointed out for me, like I don't know, but not everyone is the moral high-horse riding hillbilly that you're talking about. And that's why I'm giving you shit.

Actually you started the "talking down" part, which is the only way most conservatives can operate these days.

If you want people to stop thinking poorly of your region, stop voting in and supporting idiots. Because it is effecting my life way toooo much lately.

Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 01:37 PM

There is no reason to get your panties in a bunch over this, as I have stated before, both regions of the country have fucking morons in them, and no one is better than the other, unless it's wintertime, then the south wins:)
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 02:14 PM

the one looting tvs and stuff is dumb, but i can under stand things like clothing and food. Whats realy maddening was the fact they new this would happen. THey knew the levys cant stand anything beyond a lvl3 huricane, yet these people had no help in evacuating before hand.

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying