Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: gas $4.99 a gallon...
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-31-2005 at 05:35 PM
gas $4.99 a gallon...

I just heard on the radio that there are people panicing about gas shortages in Georgia. The price is going up .50 cents at a time while people are waiting in line and one station in Atlants is at $4.99 a gallon.

The panic is because of some damaged pipelines due to the hurricane in louisanna. The thing is that Georgia doest get thei gas via the pipeline. Its shipped in to ports. The Govenor told people this and that they are going to allow truckers to drive longer hours to make sure that there are no shortages and people are still mobbig stations to pay $4-$5 a gallon, filling their cars and any gas cans they can get ahold of.

They also temporarily removed the law that the gas in georgia needs to have anti smog additives in it. George Bush said they will be releasing some of the gas reserves.... What a guy!

This is insanity! Is the end of the world coming? I've had this sense of doom for the last year or so and things just keep getting worse and worse and worse.
hollymaconmovies

Mood: Drops of Jupiter

[*] posted on 8-31-2005 at 07:06 PM

Gas where I am is going for about $2.98-$3.20/gallon depending on grade. Jesus H. Christ.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-31-2005 at 07:46 PM

it hit the $3 mark for 87 here near philadelphia...my wallet hurts already
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 8-31-2005 at 10:12 PM

$3.10 write now ont he way home from work. Some places I guess around here are $3.50.

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-31-2005 at 10:19 PM

how the hell can the economy sustain this? EVERYTHING suffers when gas prices go up like this. Cost of work, cost of food, cost of heating, cost of transportation of goods, cost of flying, cost of factories productions - how can it all balance out??? Shit not only hits my wallet pretty hard, but has me worried as well......

Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-31-2005 at 10:20 PM

Oh and I have to wonder - HOW in the HELL can a band afford to do any kind of touring???? Thank god I'm not in a band on the road right now.

GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 8-31-2005 at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle
Oh and I have to wonder - HOW in the HELL can a band afford to do any kind of touring???? Thank god I'm not in a band on the road right now.

We were just talking about it.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 8-31-2005 at 11:13 PM

goin up to $1.30/litre here and continuing to rise. that's double what it was when i got my car only a few years ago. keep in mind a gallon is roughly 4 litres :(

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 07:48 AM

I was just thinking, walking into work, about how eventually, I should just find another job. It is 20 miles one way to work depending on which way I drive. At the current rate for gas and it gradually increasing, the cost of just getting here may not be worth it. In the last month alone I have spent $150 on gas. I have a honda civic, which is pretty good on gas and all, but hell, I have it for a reason, and that is the fact that I don't have allot of money to put out on something else. I see all these SUVs and pick ups in the parking lot and am wondering how all these people can afford to drive.They don't make all that much more money than me either. I mean $90 to fill your tank is rediculous. I passed a Toyota Prius on route 76 this morningt and wanted to flip him off just for the hell of it. Another thing I haven't heard about is the idea that Insurance rates all over America could go up due to the massive amounts of losses and payouts that will be happening. Another kick in the balls. The american dream is dead and burried.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 08:20 AM

Yah were pretty much all fucked. Even if this stuff does level out it will take YEARS! For people with decent, but not high paying jobs, its going to get to a point where you have to decide IF you can afoard to goto work or not. I mean why spend $200 to make $275?

The whole world is completly out of control!
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 12:08 PM

2.99 here. i luckily had a full tank, the day i have to fill up is going to make me cry.

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 01:29 PM

Gas prices will level out eventually, this is a given, however they will never be as low as they were before the war started. The problem is we are way too dependant on a fast dissapearing fossil fuel that is supplied by the very people whom have declared jihad on us. Whether you agree with it or not, it's a fact and trust me if they got there sandy hands on any of you, your as good as decapitated. Google energy independence and read some interesting things.
GOLD GRILL
*ASSHOLE*

Mood: The Shins

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 07:16 PM

Hell yeah, tour here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can\'t seem to STAND STILL
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
2.99 here. i luckily had a full tank, the day i have to fill up is going to make me cry.

I just filled up at 2.99 and it cost me almost $50! Fucking asshole price gouging stations!
moforn

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 09:26 PM

I'd be fuckin' laughing if I could pay $3 a gallon, supreme here is the equivalent of about $7 a gallon. Good points about trickle down costs though, I'm just waiting for grocery prices to skyrocket on anything shipped, along with pretty much every other consumer good.
While I realize the supply is dwindling and fuel costs are bound to rise over time, I can't help but think that we're being taken for a bit of a ride. Any rhetoric about how the oil companies can "charge what they want as it's a free market and people are willing to pay for the gas" are pretty hollow as the entire industry is based on public infrastructure and support, payed for by tax payers who are entitled to fair treatment in return.
I'm not holding my breath waiting for anyone in gov't/industry to go to bat for us though.
Fuck it, I'm just going to buy winter tires for my motorcycle and drive it year round.
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 9-1-2005 at 09:38 PM

I take the bus and walk a lot

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
hollymaconmovies

Mood: Drops of Jupiter

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 12:04 AM

I went out to fill up today and saw two gas stations shut down with the pumps roped off and signs saying 'Out of Gas'.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 9-2-2005 at 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hollymaconmovies
I went out to fill up today and saw two gas stations shut down with the pumps roped off and signs saying 'Out of Gas'.

i saw this on the newssss

DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 9-5-2005 at 03:19 AM

Gas was at 133.7 here earlier today... I LOLed.

Go To Top