Fuck yes.
They rule.
That's
all.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-9-2005 at 09:45 PM

Have you seen their latest release? It's the Nutley New Jersey brass band doing Misfits covers. Jerry Only has finally destroyed the Misfits legacy. Hope he's happy.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-9-2005 at 09:51 PM

Yeah I know.
hollymaconmovies

Mood: Drops of Jupiter

[*] posted on 9-9-2005 at 10:11 PM

Another band I was just recently turned onto. Their lyrics are strange as hell, but the band is fucking incredible.

hollymaconmovies

Mood: Drops of Jupiter

[*] posted on 9-9-2005 at 10:12 PM

By the way DAK, I love your avatar.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-9-2005 at 10:42 PM

Walk Among Us is on my list of 'flawless' records.
xMIKEYGx

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 09:03 AM

I dont think its Jerry who has destroyed the legacy of the misfits but Michael Graves who I belive is still stuck in 1982. This guy needs to stop with his shitty misfists cover bands and wake up. NO BODY LIKES MICHAEL GRAVES.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 09:24 AM

About 4-5 months ago they played on Cape Cod with the Freeze and some local metal/hardcore bands. I knew the guy who was doing their merch from a Sick of it All tour so I talked to him for quite awhile before the show.

I made mention of how I thought it sucked how Jerry sold out the Misfits logo and totally merchandised it to death and I called him 'the punk rock Gene Simmons'.

The merch guy said that it wasnt really like that and that Jerry wasnt really making any money. He said that most of the 'tours' dont make a ton of cash and that when they are not playing Jerry still works his old full time job (6-7 days a week sometimes). I know that his dad ran a company that made a product that was competative to X-acto Blades. After his dad retired Jerry and Doyle took it over.

The guy I knew said that Jerry played because he liked to see the kids tha went to the shows have a good time. Thats why he hangs out after the shows to meet literally everyone that was there. He said that Dez was really nice too and that the only one who was kind of a dick was Marky. Marky doesnt like to sign stuff for people because he sells signed drumsticks for $25 a pair. He also walks around clubs looking for old drum heads and signs them and sells them for $35.

One awesome thing that happened at the show was done by Marky though. They had a raffle for the drum set that ALL the other bands that day used, because they shared gear. The promotor had allready talked to Marky and he said he would sign the drums. So one guy win the raffle and hes all psyched. It was a white Pearl set I think. Anyway, Marky signed one drum and the says "I want these drums" and he traded HIS actual drumset for the one the kid won. So for a $5 raffle ticket the guy won MARKY RAMONES ACTUAL DRUMS! Pretty freeking cool!
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 09:30 AM

the misfits were one of my favorites growing up. everyone had a misfits shirt at one point...the new version....no thanks...some things are best left alone...
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xMIKEYGx
I dont think its Jerry who has destroyed the legacy of the misfits but Michael Graves who I belive is still stuck in 1982. This guy needs to stop with his shitty misfists cover bands and wake up. NO BODY LIKES MICHAEL GRAVES.

I actually liked the two records the Misfits did with Graves. They in no way compare to the original records but they're cool in their own right.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 9-10-2005 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:
Originally posted by xMIKEYGx

I actually liked the two records the Misfits did with Graves. They in no way compare to the original records but they're cool in their own right.

First off, I'd like to say that I do think it was Jerry who distroyed the Misfits...the way he liscensed (sp?) the name all over the place and shit like that. Second, I would listen to those Misfits/Graves albums (American Psycho and Famous Monsters) if they just had changed the fucking band name. Listen to a Misfits song from 1981 and one off of Famous Monsters. IT'S NOT THE SAME FUCKING BAND. I'd also like to say that the Misfits (original stuff) was the first punk band I ever got into, so A+ for them. Oh...and xMikeyGx is right...people really do hate Micheal Graves.

Go To Top