Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: We Want Your Thoughts on the new Ramallah!
Shane
* THORP STAFF *

Mood: Kids Like Us - Outta Control

[*] posted on 9-20-2005 at 10:11 AM
We Want Your Thoughts on the new Ramallah!

Everyone who ordered the new Ramallah should get it this week, some people possibly even today if you live close enough to where MerchNow is located. Since this has been a pretty highly anticipated release amongst everyone here on the message board, I'd like to get some feedback on it.

Also, I know some of you have the unmastered leak and have had it for awhile. Not to be a dickhead, but please only respond if you have heard the finished product, since it does differ. This is a milestone record for Rob Lind, Ramallah, and Thorp Records and I think it's only fair to each one that the opinion is based on the final product.

Thanks everyone for your patience with this record and I cannot wait to hear the response!

P.S. And as a bonus to encite some thought provoking discussion and debate on the record, a free CD will be given out to whoever I feel has had the best post in this thread. My decision will be made on October 18th, a week after the record has hit stores.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 9-20-2005 at 06:29 PM

as a precursor to getting this in the mail: not in many years has an album release actually created such excitement and "buzz" around it as this one has. im only 25 but have long since lost that feeling of anticipation of running out to the store and buying an album on its release date and running back to the car or going home and throwing the headphones on to hear every single song before moving on with my day. with thorp releasing this a few weeks earlier it only creates more anticipation cuz i know its on its way and i dont have to wait til a specific date, but this is even worse cuz i dont know exactly when it will get here. now getting the mail takes on a whole new significance. so before even hearing the final version of this album...i can honestly say that this cd has made me revisit one of those great places and i thank you for that.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2005 at 08:00 PM

I hope it gets here before the hurricane hits.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2005 at 09:42 PM

Christ! Where is my copy?

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-21-2005 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind

*hopes that he gets his copy before Mark does* ;)

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 9-22-2005 at 02:24 PM

Quote:

How great is it that the Frontman's own borther doesn't have a copy yet? I think the Linds are great.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-22-2005 at 06:36 PM

Anyone get it yet? I am going nuts over here! ;)

soulless

Mood: everybody out

[*] posted on 9-22-2005 at 07:08 PM

mine came today. the "i'd love to rape a hilton sister" has already offended my roommate. but she's an idiot who owns "the simple life" on dvd. i'm bringing the album to work (gotta leave in a couple minutes), and it's probably all i'll listen to tonight. not a bad song on here. favorites after 3 spins: "just walk away", "oscar cotton", "bye-bye", "days of revenge".

and the beatles cover surprised the hell out of me. i knew it was on there from reading about it, but hearing it was something else. as someone who grew up as a huge beatles fan (they were all i would listen to until i was 14 and realized there was other good music out there), i tend to really hate whenever someone attempts a cover. it is weird hearing the lyric changes, but i think that's just a result of having heard the original a million times.

i didn't download the leaked stuff, so i didn't hear most this stuff already. i heard the tracks that were up here and on lambgoat. i listened to those a couple dozen times, and it says a lot if i'm not skipping them in favor of listening to the songs i haven't heard yet, trying to even it out or something (not statistically or anything, i don't know how many times i've heard the title track or "if i die today", i just know i've heard them enough to know the lyrics, whereas i've only heard "act of faith" or "drink the kool-aid" as many times as i've been able to listen to the cd today).

fucking awesome.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 9-22-2005 at 07:15 PM

at least we know its getting delivered...we'll get it soon enough
xsharpx

Mood: Johnny Cash - The Sun Recordin

[*] posted on 9-22-2005 at 10:33 PM

as soon as I land a new job and get my first paycheck I am getting this... I have always been addicted to the projects that White Trash Rob does... he is an extremely talented musician that speaks form the heart
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-22-2005 at 11:37 PM

I got mine today. Its defective and doesn't work. I am partly pissed off and partly sad. You sons of bitches at Thorp will be hearing from my representation (which is also me).

Mark

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 09:27 AM

Thorp is so fan friendly that they are switching my broken CD with me. The people's record label!!! :)

serenity

Mood: nikola sarcevic

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulless
"i'd love to rape a hilton sister"

they should print that on a shirt. it would be even more offensive than this

it ends
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 12:23 PM

it's so seriously pissed off, i love it

Panic Scam

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 06:42 PM

mark, youre not the only one with a fucked cd. mine wont work in my stereo or my computer, but plays in my discman. go figure.
tommymaz

Mood: Sinners and Saints

[*] posted on 9-23-2005 at 07:42 PM

got mine today,

HOLY SHIT. AWESOME FUCKIN CD. One of the most thought provocative cds i have heard, I love Mr. Lind's thought on today's society, THe lyrics are rad, the music is a little different from the But a Whimper...Ep, but def. good.

Totes to Thorp and Ramallah
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 03:07 PM

A friend let me hear his copy. This album gives me chills. I feel like I never have to buy another hard/metal album again.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
This album gives me chills.

I have been listening to the rough copy since it surfaced and it still gives me the chills. First time I listened to it in the car, the hairs on the back of my neck and head were standing up.

I Just got the actual cd in the mail and popped it in a minute ago. Quite a bit more crisp than the leaked version and the Kill A Celebrity song intro was a bit different. Thats as far as I am into the album soo far.

soulless

Mood: everybody out

[*] posted on 9-24-2005 at 06:43 PM

gives me chills, too. i was walking across campus while listening to the album in my headphones and i almost walked into lamppost because i was too absorbed in the album. not exactly cool. i think it was "drink the kool aid".
Terror Aesthetic

Mood: bright eyes felching weakertha

[*] posted on 9-26-2005 at 06:02 AM

dont have the album yet but a record store i frequent says they can have a copy for me by tuesday..whether or not thats bullshit remains to be seen. im mainly writing to comment on the lyrics to the new record and the few songs ive heard. and that video. the four or so songs ive heard are by far the most powerful ramallah material to date. actually some of the most soul wrenching shit ive heard come out of any genre in ages. i also have to salute rob for the lyrics. so far the only worthy mentions of post 911 america ive seen in music have been from an ns band "the blue eyed devils - it ends" and a rap artist "immortal technique - revolutionary volume 2" it seems like the hardcore community has largely steered clear save for a few mop headed trust fund babies squealing the hard left platitudes fed to them by their professors and while i cant say what is and isnt art to me that shit just aint hardcore. what the fuck do they know about suffering so in all fairness how can they comment on much of anything other than lost girlfriends? but this shit....jesus h christ hits the nail right on the head. all of the filth, ugliness and despair that has been growing like a tide of shit here and abroad for well over 20 years is packed into those songs. and as for hating celebrities? public execution is too good for self important parasites like the hiltons. the video and the lyrics make me nauseous. all i can say from someone who still wakes up screaming regularly is thanks rob. id have emailed you but i dont know your address. i know where youre coming from and i truly appreciate that youve acknowledged a still silent minority. for all of our talk and our fucking help lines and charities kids that grow into monstrous fucks like me are still churned out of the trailer parks, the ghettos and even the suburbs assembly line style like theres no tomorrow. i get the feeling there isnt. thanks brother.
mark

he\'s dead jim - that dumb fucking show
hollymaconmovies

Mood: Drops of Jupiter

[*] posted on 9-26-2005 at 04:22 PM

My CD plays just fine. I've listened once all the way through. I'm gonna listen for a few days and report back. The beginning of 'Ramallah' gave me chills.

These are the songs that jumped out at me the first time through:

Kill a Celebrity
Oscar Cotton
The Horror and the Gag
Shock & Awe
A Day in the Life
If I Die Today

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 9-26-2005 at 09:49 PM

"...I want to grind into dust your American Idol with a heart full of love."

I think this sums up the album. This lyric shows how our author is torn with hatred and love. This album can be looked at like something or someone that is so beautiful but also very dark. I love it and consider it brilliant. The artwork is great as well. It is like a serial killer has put it together because he is in love with celebrity. Genius.
sinister

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 11:33 AM

Got mine today! BTW you can tell the guys at MerchNow that Scotland isn't part of England. :)

Not listened to it yet but will post first impressions in a few days... must admit the only track I liked on their first CD with the acoustic one, so have higher hopes for this one.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 01:26 PM

Still don't have mine yet. It's probally getting held up because of the huricanne.
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 06:18 PM

I gots mine.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top