Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: We Want Your Thoughts on the new Ramallah!
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 03:04 PM

That's some wicked shit.
Terror Aesthetic

Mood: bright eyes felching weakertha

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 03:53 PM

fuck no the video store didnt get it in like theyd promised. i thought maybe they were going to order it direct. ill be sending you guys an order as soon as i can get my girl to use her paypal acct.. tonight or tomorrow likely.

he\'s dead jim - that dumb fucking show
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 05:00 PM

Arrived today!!!! FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be coming through the speakers here quite a bit.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
sinister

[*] posted on 9-29-2005 at 10:27 AM

Looks like I got mine just in time, Merchnow are saying they won't ship this CD to Europe now!
beaner

Mood: my kids chattin away.

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 08:35 AM

the mp3's ive heard are damn good, gotta get this ordered and shipped over to me in the uk. it WILL be played at our local rock club. i know the dj and im much bigger than him so he'll have no choice but to play it!;)
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 11:24 AM

ordered it yesterday. as for playing it at the club thats a fucking good idea. particularly when the only local venue is a biker bar frequented by various hard righters... should be fun. send my disc!

brooklyn

Mood: HC & streetpunkrock

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 03:56 AM

lives up to its expectation / hype: hard, in your face, really free speech-lyrics, creative, angry, powerful, a big F U to those trying to define HC in boxes/labels.

T.C.O.B.
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 02:11 PM

i know some wont think this belongs on the ramallah thread in fact i saw this artis mentioned elsewhere on the board but i havent lived 28 years by giving a fuck who agrees with me. in my opinion anyone who loves ramallah half as much as i do can at least appreciate the lyrical content to the two versions of the song bin laden found here
http://www.underworldhiphop.net/mp3/158/
this man is a brilliant lyricist in my opinion. give it a chance and if you hate it..well neither one of us is missing out on anything right?
send my cd!

Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 12:29 PM

send my cd today or im sending leroy from gfnc up there to bust yall up...dont let the cheesecrackers in his beard and the touch of arthritis fool ya..dolemite takes a back seat to big L.

bm4

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:23 PM

New Ramallah? full throttle - i never heard so much intergrty in metal ever!! hey - what did you think about the video ?
cole814

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 10:41 PM

When I bought a messed up CD at a Ramallah show, the Thorp guys gladly replaced it. I got the package today and the new CD works great. Thanks guys.

The new Ramallah is easily one of the best releases of the year, its heavy, melodic, intelligent. What more could you ask for from a hardcore band. And they put a great live show on. Big props to Thorp for putting the CD out.
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 01:45 PM

damn i cant wait till i can put that disc in the car and turn that shit up to ten..

crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 04:30 PM

our amps go to 11....
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 04:39 PM

hahahaha

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 10-7-2005 at 06:37 PM

It's weird. The Ramallah disc works on my stereo and my computer but it won't work in the cd player in my car. Strange.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-7-2005 at 08:13 PM

my cd isnt here yet... dad took the keys to the porsche... robert smith wont answer my emails. thats it. life is over.

sinister

[*] posted on 10-7-2005 at 08:25 PM

There's something a bit weird about the CD, it sometimes doesn't read in my CD changer and I have to skip it and give the player another go at reading it... never seen it do that on another disc.

Really liking the album now though, definitely a grower, a lot more into it now than I was initially.
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 12:09 AM

This is the only CD ill bneed for the next year. Best CD of 2006....

p.s. Immortal techniques it the shit too, one of the few rappers i like

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
It's weird. The Ramallah disc works on my stereo and my computer but it won't work in the cd player in my car. Strange.
I just sent an email to Thorp,my disc will only play im my computer....I haven't tried my car stereo,but it won't play in neither of my home stereo's or dvd player.

But...
this album is fuckin great.Hands down the most original (and best) stuff I've heard in awhile.

Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
Quote:
I just sent an email to Thorp,my disc will only play im my computer....I haven't tried my car stereo,but it won't play in neither of my home stereo's or dvd player.

But...
this album is fuckin great.Hands down the most original (and best) stuff I've heard in A LONG TIME.

FUCK,it want play in my car stereo at all

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 11:29 AM

Quote:

mine wont work in the computer....strange
my car cd player tried to keep it and not eject when i wanted it back.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 11:32 AM

i saw an add for it on headbangers ball last night while flipping channels
of course there was nothing but crap on there....
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 02:32 PM

I just tried to play the disc in my home stereo and it wouldn't read it. I realized I hadn't tried in there yet, I only thought I had. So for now, yeah it only works on my computer, not in my car or home stereo.

Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-11-2005 at 08:25 AM

fuck man.... it doesnt play in the car or on the stereo. the comp will play it but i really want to hear it in the car. guess ill mail this back to you guys when i can afford postage. sorry about that i hate to be a bitch about it. amazing shit though. ill post more on the content later.

Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-14-2005 at 06:09 PM

i wanted to wait until i got a fully functional copy to post my thoughts here but i gave into the pressure and went ahead and popped it in the comp. much as id like to share all of my thoughts on it i really couldnt without this turning into some emoy blog that wouldnt be out of place on myspace. ill leave it at this. i finally listened to it last night while my girl slept and when it was over i just went back to the room and watched her till morning. its been a long time since an album made me just put my head in my hands and weep. i dont know how to reach you rob "email" but im with you on every word brother. the burning world, addiction, raped mothers and self perpetuating vicious cycles...why do the poor as a rule think they have no choice but to follow in their parents footsteps? broken generation after broken generation, all of the ones that ive seen bled, all of the abuse that made me unfit to be in society before i even learned to walk upright because im so fucking full of violence that i cant function, all of the people ive buried. i could go on for days without going into detail but if youre reading rob i said it before but thank you. this is my favorite album. really captures that endtimes feeling. that sad fucking crippling tension. but one word of advice and trust me i know im not telling you anything you dont know already man but please be careful with the vein. theres a generation of kids that could benefit from what youve got to say. about 8 months ago my closest friend next to my girl who ive fucking bled in the streets with and almost taken bullets for "and who almost took bullets for me" more than once finally shot one bag too many after five years of heavy use. i watched him go from one of the strongest most honorable men ive ever known to a fucking monster. i took that motherfucker in again and again even after he stole from me and got one of my guns ripped off, held him while he cried like a baby when he was jonesing or missing the rich girl that left him after playing shootup for the summer, kicked the shit out of him dozens of times for firing shotguns in peoples directons because he was fucked up or shooting shit in my house when i told him that was the only rule. not because i think im better because i know im not. i used to have an oxicontin habit and a 40mg crushed up with some benzos and liquor is close to smack so he told me and i fuckin understand. it takes you out of yourself. it takes the pain away. thatswhy we have to avoid that shit at all costs. because people like us never stop. i never had any blood family that i didnt hate. its been a comfort everytime one of them has died and now that theyre all gone i feel infinitely better and my friends were always the only family i knew. they meant more to me that id imagine blood family does to some because they werent people i was born into they were people i chose. and that cocksucker takes the easy way out. its left a hole in me that wont be filled. so rob be careful man. it would leave a hole in a lot of people if you stepped off. ive had friends take themselves with a tube from the exhaust to the window, a bullet to the head etc. and everytime as much as i mourn im just as angry. shit i think about taking myself out everyday but i never would because of the people it would hurt. permanently. think about tapping the vein the same way. because every time could be your last. i wasnt even on speaking terms with my boy when he oded and now ill never get to speak to the motherfucker again. i guess those are my thoughts on the new ramallah.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top