Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: We Want Your Thoughts on the new Ramallah!
Zealot

Mood: Ramallah - kill a celebrity

[*] posted on 10-14-2005 at 11:04 PM

I made the trip down to Tower Records tonight to get the CD. Can't stop listening to it. This is quite honestly the most nihilistic music that has ever seen a commercial release. Definitely needs to be pushed by the Thorp by ANY MEANS necessary. The next video should definitely be made for a more controversial/political song like "Kill a celebrity, Shock and Awe, Heart Full of Love" etc. Those lyrics definitely need to be shared with the wider audience that can only be reached by a music video. I know Rob wants to "slap awake those sheeps" right? So why not shoot a video for Heart Full of Love with Fight Club/Project Mayhem-esque scenes?

I love the way that the album is so dynamic and full of honesty. I can hear metal, hardcore, pop, pop rock, pop punk, R&B in this album... And mind you, I am your standard metalhead I don't even like most of those genres... But everything on this album is done is so "professionally" and in taste, that before I realize that the title track is over I am already listening to Bye-bye... :D Everythings blends so well... Thanks to everyone who made this album happen...

Rob, you are a man after my own heart bro. I am a Muslim, I am so insanely touched by the lyrics on this album... I cannot believe that there is a guy out there in Mass, USA called White Trash Rob, that is pretty much on the same page with this Turkish dude Veli(yours truly). Does Rob have an e-mail address or something? I would really love to share some of my writings and thoughts with him(it is scary how in a similar vein they are at times...) and who knows maybe they will make their way to the 2nd disc?!! :P
Terror Aesthetic

Mood: bright eyes felching weakertha

[*] posted on 10-14-2005 at 11:40 PM

yea its over as soon as it starts huh?

he\'s dead jim - that dumb fucking show
Zealot

[*] posted on 10-14-2005 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terror Aesthetic
yea its over as soon as it starts huh?

Exactly. I just find myself pressing play again and again...
pete_is_selfish

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 03:41 AM

Got in in a store here in Australia last week, just had to sign up to say how much I love it.
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 05:32 AM

i seem to be posting here in the middle of the night more and more. insomnia is a bitch. anyway im still listening to the disc and it brings to mind a few more things. how everytime you flip channels you run accross two things: some wasp slut that needs to eat a fucking cheeseburger thats only famous because she was born rich giggling and flashing her 2,000,000 dollar necklace she wore to some hollywood coke party and a dry landscape crawling with children with swollen stomachs dressed in rags playing in dust while flys lay eggs in the corners of their eyes, the fact that china while having 21% of the worlds population has access to only 7% of the water because her rivers are so choked with chemical shit and 360 million "i think" rural chinese already lack clean water so when the rest need it what do you thinks going to happen? , north korea, with the ice shelf gone the anarctic peninsulas are slipping into the sea threatening to raise the sea levels waayyy too fast, the war between muslims and christians that has raged since the crusades is coming to a head and as usual im sure the innocent will be the ones to pay the highest price..funny ive read many quotes from the quran that are completely barbaric and these seem to always be the ones that the christians drag out. maybe they need to examine their own holy book because it has the same type of material. theres a passage in the bible that says you have the right to kill a woman if shes wearing an article of clothing comprised of more than one type of fabric...watch out you bitches in polyester and cotton. people forget that most of the people that follow any given faith know what not to take literally. these books are written by man and subject to human folly. but this "kill em all" shit is only going to make us more enemies abroad and within, anthrax, sars, avian flu, ebola, the hanta virus, aids, worldwide poverty, blind nationalism on all sides, fundamentalism, the fact that israel is a monstrous entity but everyone is too chickenshit to point the finger for fear of being labelled anti semitic and ending up on some adl list, total aid to israel? $84,854,827,200... for what? making furniture out of dead palestinian children?, the climate keeps heating up and all sorts of new viruses are sure to pop up in the coming decades, the oils going to run out but dont worry because water will be the real luxury sooner than you think..check out the stats on the worlds potable water supply, they say that almost two thirds of our natural resources are "perilously degraded", no one knows, no one gives a fuck, what kind of world are we leaving our children?, cancer in the paint chips, living under power lines, the genital mutilation of over 2,000,000 million girls a year in africa, the genital mutilation of even more babies here in the states... circumcision removes 55% of the nerve tissue down there..why didnt i get a say in my dick being cut off? because of some ancient religious fucking witchcraft thats become a part of the medical industry, shitty health care, people more concerned about two queers getting married than they are the fact that cnn feeds them enough bullshit to choke a whale on a daily basis, the total and complete lack of honest, unbiased, OPEN news coverage, my shitty lungs, my girls safety when shes out delivering, a system that lets fucking sociopaths walk and locks up kids for smoking dope, whos going to kick next?, ill be taking these fucking beta blockers for the rest of my life because at 28 stress has caused hypertension has caused hypertrophy and now my hearts all fucked up, broken homes, the fact that the people in the ghettos and the people in the trailer parks arent likely to ever realize that theyre both locked in an economic prison where the powers that be will move us like chess pieces to kill each other and work for them while they fuck us all without a color, depression, rage, sleepless nights, warrants, ptsd and on and on and on....pessimism is as american as bad credit and apple pie. nevermind thats dutch. if i keep listening to this album im going to keep posting these fucking windbag rants at 5am. ban me.. hurry.

Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 05:32 AM

but forget all of the above because paris hilton is on the box and shes still smiling. everything must be ok.

Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 05:38 AM

and huge props to rob for "brother malcolm". few people have been so misunderstood and misquoted.

Zealot

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 12:22 PM

Bro, I agree wholeheartedly with every point you make, BUT Quran is God's word it is not written by a man and it is not subject to any folly.
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 02:22 PM

my friend thats where we have to agree to disagree. it may well be gods word i cant say that it isnt but neither can i say that it is. faith just isnt something i was born with. no disrespect to anyone of any faith that finds peace and love in any one of the holy books but to me personally existence is far too complex to even begin to understand. i feel that in matters such as this ill die as ignorant of that ultimate truth that we all strive towards as i was born. again no disrespect intended.

Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 02:38 PM

btw man what you said about this being the most nihilistic thing ever mass released was dead on. not so much the existentialist school of nihilism but the belief that conditions in this so called civilization have become so rotten that it cant be fixed until rome burns yet again. i think this is a direct quote from the websters but..
nihilism: a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independant of any constructive program or possibility.
holy mother of columbine say a prayer for me and the usa. blessed martyrs of palestine come and strike us down...

Zealot

[*] posted on 10-15-2005 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terror Aesthetic
btw man what you said about this being the most nihilistic thing ever mass released was dead on. not so much the existentialist school of nihilism but the belief that conditions in this so called civilization have become so rotten that it cant be fixed until rome burns yet again. i think this is a direct quote from the websters but..
nihilism: a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independant of any constructive program or possibility.
holy mother of columbine say a prayer for me and the usa. blessed martyrs of palestine come and strike us down...

Exactly man, that was the meaning that I was hinting at. Glad to see we are on the same page on that. :)

Just so you know, I didn't mean to shove my belief down your throat with that sentence of mine. I just wanted to make it clear that according to Muslim belief(which I subscribe to), Quran is Allah's word and the narrator of the book is Allah. Contrary to the way of the Old and New Testament where the narrator changes from chapter to chapter and where parts of those books are theologically proven to be written by different priests.

Anyway this again is not in the intention to discredit any kind of belief. It is a "fact"(and we all know how facts look completely different from the other side of the fence ;) ).

I have no qualms with any religion, philosophy or belief system(or lack thereof) as long as it's subscribers don't feel the need to attack my beliefs, be respectful and don't shove down their opinions/thoughts/beliefs down my throat.

Have a good weekend all. :)
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 02:54 AM

[quote
I have no qualms with any religion, philosophy or belief system(or lack thereof) as long as it is subscribers don't feel the need to attack my beliefs, be respectful and don't shove down their opinions/thoughts/beliefs down my throat./quote]

its a shame more peole dont see eye to eye with you and i there. would have been a hell of alot less bloodshed throughout the ages.

serenity

Mood: nikola sarcevic

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 01:25 PM

i doubt people people, on myspace mostly, actually listens to the lyrics and think about their meaning. they leave comments such as "keep up the sick mosh" and shit. hes pouring his fucking heart out about every bad thing taking and having took place to him and the world.

it ends
Zealot

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 09:12 PM

Ok, still can't stop listening to this and obviously can't stop talking about it here... :)

This record is really emotional for me and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I can already feel it. Although it definitely has been a strange experience... In my first couple of spins the only emotion that this record gave me was anger, considering my stance on a couple of things(I am not gonna hide it, I am against US intervention in Middle East, I am against Israeli occupation of Palestine, I am against the killing of innocent people at WTC, I am against the killing of innocent people in Iraq, I am against the House of Saud who betrays their own people and sells their country's natural resources to foreigners, I am against the US Government trying to topple Hugo Chavez because he nationalized his country's oil industry etc. etc. I can go on and on).

But the more I listen to the disc, the more I came to terms with my other emotions. I felt like crying a couple of times during Days of Revenge, I felt disgusted with mankind during Kill a celebrity and drink the kool-aid, I remember how much I liked my Brother Malcolm Shabazz during Brother Malcolm(RIP) and Bye-bye always leaves me with a slight smile on my face. What a beautiful album...
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 10:08 PM

it truly is. we can go on for days about the nedless incidences of corruption and unfathomable cruelty at the hands of "our" leaders. personally i voted for myself in the last election. not ot be cute it was honestly the only name i wanted to see on the ballot. not old jonhhy with his revolving door policies or george for obvious reasons. i really dont think old john was ever a real candidate in the first place. just a cardboard stand in to satiate blind liberals and give something for conservatives to hoot at until the monosyllabic son of a much brighter devil took his rightful place on the throne of engineered apocalypse. and the funniest thing to me is all of the people that have damned me to hell for criticizing american policy in this last half decade... well fuck me but i always thought the ones who made history.. the true patriots were the ones that sat fire to the masters throne rather than annoint his feet in the blood of their children. turn your guns around my friends. we have a devil at least as a great as osama in our midst. hell who do you think trained the taliban? who gave them 6 billion dollars? were they possibly trained by israeli troops in pakistan? ... more thoughts on the new ramallah.

Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 10:32 PM

were they possibly trained by israeli troops in pakistan?

this one i cant quite get the evidence of that i like to have before i make any statement like this but ive heard it said and read a little bit here and there about it and im geniunely asking if anyone knows anything about this link me or post it here.
thanks. i feel the same way about the israeli occupation of palestine as you do man..largely because its so wholeheartedly ignored. isnt that terrorism? occupation? nothing better than genocide swept under the rug... remember the turks and the armenians?

Zealot

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 04:58 AM

I don't think anyone has solid proof for that. Althought it is a well-known fact that Taliban(the word itself means student in Arabic), received their religious education in madrasas of Pakistan(Islamic religious (boarding) schools). The tactical and the logistical training? CIA? MOSSAD? Israel? Illuminati? Who knows? For me Taliban, Al Queda they are all parts and puppets in a master plan that is slowly unfolding. People are slowly waking up and smelling the coffee. Picking up parts here and there, realizing some of the bullshit, gathering pieces of this intricate puzzle... It will take time to solve, but we cannot lose hope.

- Osama is the demon that keeps you all safe in your cells, believe it. And Jesus himself would condemn us all to this self-made hell.
Zealot

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 05:01 AM

An artistical and promotional suggestion to Thorpe. How about getting Immortal Technique to guest/do a feature/a split with Ramallah? I think that would be a great opportunity to spread the word of Ramallah to a unique and wider audience. I think Rob and Tech are quite on the same page on a lot of things, what an awesome collaboration would that be!
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 06:16 AM

ha! ihad a feeling you might enjoy techniques work. hes actually where i first heard about israeli troops training the taliban. andyes i meant tactical etc. mossad would make a lot of sense. if you remember it was mossad members that were arrested for "dancing" as the towers crumbled. i wont even go into who i think is truly responsible for that day as that would require a lot more time and space than i have here. as for people waking up and smelling the coffee i truly hope that youre right. it really cant get much worse. its easy to think otherwise in a country that enjoys so much luxury and such a high standard of living but as i said on this board or some other recently im sure that people went about their business as usual in rome the day before the collapse saying "nah cant happen here". but it did. as for the taliban, al queda just being parts of a greater whole the notion {fact} that our country has sponsored terrorism, sold chemical weapons, wmds what have you is still too much for most people to grasp. it threatens to topple the dissonant infrastructure of an already crumbling belief system. which is the same reason that most people will immediately call you a kook or an idiot if you so much as mention the illuminati. whether you think theyre shape shifting interdimensional reptiles or just the wealthiest, most powerful devils of the human variety they are very real and to scoff at any mention of them is to continue to give them free reign. if there is any such thing as the "american dream" it lives and has always lived in the hearts of the terminally disconteded. those that strive for constant change and betterment of their society rather than simply being content to play with the toys passed down to them from their masters to keep them distracted. personally i fear that its too late. when i think about how id like to start a family in the coming years its with dread rather than joy. fuck that..for that alone i feel cheated. occupied.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-21-2005 at 02:16 PM

Got my replacement copy in the mail today since my first was fucked. The poster was an added bonus. Thanks to Thorp records.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 03:43 AM

still waiting on my new copy. as patiently as possible :)

Terror Aesthetic

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 02:55 AM

got the good copy today. thanks now i can peruse conspiracy theories and read the news while listening to the busted one on the comp and drive around thinking about vehicular homicide with the good one... :)

Zealot

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 03:33 AM

How many spins does it take for a CD to get worn out? :P:P:P
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 01:41 PM

got my "good" copy in the mail today....with a cool compilation to boot.:)

pete_is_selfish

[*] posted on 10-26-2005 at 10:18 AM

JJJ (national Aussie radio station) tried to play the title track on their weekly punk/hc show just now, but apparently the cd didn't work in the cd player. I guess they got one of the fucked ones? Kind of a pity.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top