Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ramallah...??
Ben-G

Mood: Blacklisted

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 11:17 AM
Ramallah...??

what does it mean? I went to some shoe store runned by some Middle Eastern people while wearing my Ramallah shirt and they kept looking at it and speaking in their native language.:mad:
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 11:29 AM

Ramallah (Arabic: رام الله;) is a Palestinian city of approximately 57,000 residents. It is located about 15 kilometers (9 miles) north-west of Jerusalem.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 12:04 PM

1. The name of this project, Ramallah, is taken from the Palestinian city now occupied by the Israeli army, correct? Why name the project after that specific city?

I used the name of that specific city because it seems to me to be the epicenter of all the atrocity and inhumanity associated with the region, the policies associated with the entire region, and a metaphor for all further global conflict which is often in my opinion criminally portrayed as a conflict between ?western ideals? and all ?others?. I also chose ?Ramallah? as a name because it has unmistakably Islamic/Muslim connotations associated with it and I knew that in the present sociological / social climate, such a name might slap otherwise apathetic, anesthetized listeners out of their ?pop-culture? induced haze and make them pay attention, for better or for worse.

there are a few interviews with Rob out there, but some are becoming hard to track down. I'll post what i can in a new thread.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 01:14 PM

Let's not forget that's it's also the P.L.O. headquarters.

Go To Top