Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: So I saw Social Distortion tonight.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 12:32 AM
So I saw Social Distortion tonight.

Fuck. Second time I've seen them, and it was amazing. They played at the new Nokia Theatre in Times Square. Goddamn. If I had money like that fucking space guy in the other thread, I would go see there next two dates at that place this week. Definitely one of my all time favorite bands.
Mad Dawg

Mood: whiskey rebels

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 01:14 AM

I really want to see them in San Francisco but I dont know if I'm going to be able to stand the opening bands! who opened from them over there?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 08:11 AM

excellent cross-tread reference, kid!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 08:59 AM

The closest i've ever gotten to see social D is the DVD i own "Live in OC". IT's good but he talks alot about nothing.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 10:35 AM

Going to see them on the 26th at the Norva for the second time and I cant wait. If you dont like the openers, just show up late.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:00 PM

It was Bullets and Octane (heard them on myspace, not too bad) and Mest (blech). But yeah, my friends and I didn't give a fuck so we skipped the opening bands. It was funny, however, to see the Mest merch table absolutely VACANT of any customers...the guy was just drinking beer and listening to his iPod.
xsharpx

Mood: Johnny Cash - The Sun Recordin

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:22 PM

Yeah I am thinking of going and seeing them on Halloween... they are playing out here on Halloween night at the Granada in Dallas... I saw them for the first time EVER last year in September because my girlfriend bought me tickets for me and her for my birthday present and it was amazing. Then I saw them again at the St Patricks Day Parade in Dallas this year. It sucked at first because me and my girlfriend had to watch the STREET DOGS because we were informed that it was an all ages outside show until we got there and found out that it was 21 and up .... my girlfriend managed to sneak in by telling the door guy that she needed to use the bathroom and then called me from inside.... it was amazing though
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:31 PM

kid ugly - what was that nokia theater like? tickets are still available for the next two shows, and i'm thinking about going.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:40 PM

I'd love to see Social D

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
xsharpx

Mood: Johnny Cash - The Sun Recordin

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 02:42 PM

I know that the Nokia Theatre here in dallas is huge but the show sucked kinda because you had to sit to watch the show, the beers were like $8 a pop and that was for a draft and the cheapest, was a non smoking venue which is both good for the non smokers and sucks ass for the smokers who like to drink a beer & smoke a cigarrette, parking was like 8 or 10 bux.... well anyways thats my 2 cents
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
kid ugly - what was that nokia theater like? tickets are still available for the next two shows, and i'm thinking about going.

The Nokia Theater was nice. It was like The World, but better. It's nice in there. Definitely worth going.
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 01:10 PM

I'm going on the 21st to see them. Word.
soulless

Mood: everybody out

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jonnynewbreed
The closest i've ever gotten to see social D is the DVD i own "Live in OC". IT's good but he talks alot about nothing.

yeah, he did that a lot when i saw them last may, even said most of the same stuff (bringing up a kid on stage to talk about the next generation blah blah). still a kickass show, though. they either clowed or opened (i know it was one of them, can't remember which though) with ring of fire which was awesome.

kid ugly - i hear they did "send her back" on an italian festival date. did they do it at the show you went to?

Go To Top