Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: so who all works out in here?
xsharpx

Mood: Johnny Cash - The Sun Recordin

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 02:56 PM
so who all works out in here?

Ok, I was wondering how many people work out in here.. If you do or have in the past what is / was your eating habits, work out schedules, etc. The reason that I ask is because I plan on getting a membership with Bally's Total Fitness (I get a discounted rate through my job there) in the next month or so and start working out again. I havent done this religiously since I was in the Marine Corps and want to put on some more muscle mass, more weight (I currently weight in at like 145 / 150 round there and want to be bigger)... I also have a high metabolism and work overnights at Home Depot stockng freight and what not..... So here's some questions
1) do you or have ever used any of the workout formulated stuff like weight gainer, aminos, etc. and what are the best to use
2) what is your work out regiment / schedule?

anything that you think that would be beneficial would be awesome and appreciated

Have you ever PAID ... YOUR DUES IN ... BLOOD ~~ Dead City Shakers
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 03:15 PM

i fuckin need to big time
im 31 and yuengling and cheesesteaks have put a hurtin on me.
at least im drinkin less and eating better these days.
i may live to see 35 at this rate
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 03:35 PM

I work out regularly through the PT programs at my various commands, it's alot of cardio with building on my own time really. As far as eating, I eat alot of veggies, but drink alot of beer, so it cancels each other out;)
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 03:38 PM

im the same way 150lbs, built like a stick, but i do physical work for pepsi so with the right regiment, i could actually stand to gain 10 or 20 lbs, i just dont think i have the discipline
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 03:41 PM

I have been swimming the past 3 months and I hit a lot of light repetitons on the unversal in the basement. I need to lose, not gain.

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
jason kills

Mood: early man

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 03:44 PM

cytogainer....greatest shit ever. also, fall asleep with a stomach full of ramen and peanut butter. i swear, you will start putting on weight.

all gods are golden calves
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 05:22 PM

I work out religously 5 days a week. I use NO-Xplode before any workout (not just weights but running and hockey). If you are looking for added gains increase your protien intake. Try for 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Do it smart. Don't just eat for the sake of eating. Stay away from white rice and white bread. Eat more whole wheat/grains, vegetables and lean protein. Baked Chicken. Fully thaw chicken breast add spices like Mrs. Dash and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Also increase your calcium intake. Good luck!
xsharpx

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 05:55 PM

thanks for all of the help people PLEASE keep them coming as I am trying my damndest on this. I currently smoke but am trying to quit not only for health reasons but to save money in the long run... when you smoke a pack a day and the cheapest that I get smokes is $2.91 a pack and then with gas being anywhere from $2.58 - $3 a gallon here places a huge hurting on your wallet....

The problem with baking is I dont own an oven only have a range stove and a microwave. Is there a website that I can check out to tell me some good recipes and stuff? What are some good protein drinks and foods that I can take to help out. I currently weigh in at like 143 and basically live paycheck to paycheck. But I am trying though. What is wrong with white rice though... I know that I need to eat more rice though being that my girlfriend is 100% Filipino, her parents being nationalized citizens from the Philipines, and she ALWAYS eats rice with like every meal.... Jason I will remember what you said about ramen and peanut butter... I remember when I was a state and nationally ranked wrestler when I was in high school I always ate Peanut Butter when I needed to put on weight the day of a match weigh in....

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
GOLD GRILL
*ASSHOLE*

Mood: The Shins

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 06:18 PM

Hey Paul, whats up? Check it out, I have been working out pretty heavy, and here's what's been working for me. I eat about 1000 calories more a day than I used to, but cut out alot of the fat so it works out. I eat tuna fish like 3 times a day (lots of protein and cheap). I use a protein supplement (mass builder by twinlab) after I work out and NO-XPLODE before workouts. Also, make sure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep because muscle rebuilds itself the most while you are sleeping. Good luck!!

I just can\'t seem to STAND STILL
xsharpx

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 06:31 PM

awesome thanks man.... I know that I dont get the sleep that I should be getting because I work 40 hours a week at Home Depot overnights stocking freight so I get a pretty good work out with that job and am looking for a 2nd job as well and if I go with this one werehouse job I will be working 40 hours a week with them as well so I will be droppin sleep to make up for money problems and all .... but I am hell bent on getting a good work out and starting to eat better and all that jazz....

are there websites about nutrition that I can visit... Maybe I should take a Nutrition class when I go back to school in January to better help me... where can I get this NO-XPLODE at and how much does it cost?..... also I currently have "Optimum Nutrition's PRE-LOAD CREATINE COMPLEX" is this stuff any good or should I throw it away? thanks dude

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GOLD GRILL
Also, make sure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep because muscle rebuilds itself the most while you are sleeping.

THERE'S my problem! I average for or five a night. Makes me weak AND fat.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Terror Aesthetic

Mood: bright eyes felching weakertha

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 06:37 AM

when i stopped smoking i got this fucking gut and ive been trying to kill it ever since....suggestions on a quick and easy way? i dont want to go the starvation route and lose muscle mass.

he\'s dead jim - that dumb fucking show
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 10:22 AM

Smoking and Drinking are very counter productive to what you want to do. I know it sucks. I smoked for 12 years but since stopping cold turkey, I would never go back. I also stopped drinking for 6 months this year. That was another great decision. Now I'm back to drinking but need to hang it up again.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 12:04 PM

I've been working out for years. The only supplement I've ever taken was amino acids. Eat lots of protein and food rich in amino acids, the aminos are what breaks down the protein into "muscle food". Tuna is always good. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches can make a big difference if you just add a couple to whatever you already eat daily. I never work out without having a cup of Tim's (coffee) and a Wunderbar about five minute prior. Splitting your workout (day/night) is effective as well. I'm not sure how effective this is but it gives you a wicked burn if you do a push/pull workout (chest/back, biceps/triceps, etc.) And always throw in light weight/ high rep workout once a week. It keeps your muscles guessing and forces them to grow. Finally, work tour quads heavy. They are the largest muscle in your body and when they grow they make everything grow.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
xsharpx

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 04:34 PM

should I just get with a personal trainer on this to better to me the right eating patterns, sleep patterns and work out schedule to gain muscle and put on weight as well.... I will be getting a membership to Bally's so I believe that they have them along with cardio stuff like Tae Bo and aerobics and swimming pools

Go To Top