Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Based on another thread
jason kills

Mood: early man

[*] posted on 11-18-2005 at 11:30 PM

yeah, Bowel is my sludge/doom band. if you want to check it out:

myspace.com/harshworld

y'all need to check out YOB. i think they're on Metal Blade. it is some of the most inspirational shit i've ever heard. think "through silver..."neurosis meets the slowest pink floyd ever. these dudes have mountains of gear, and it's just a three piece. amazing

all gods are golden calves
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 11-18-2005 at 11:34 PM

Mountains of gear meaning they cant even move on stage? Ive seen Mr Bungle and it was like that, they had to stand in one place the whole show because the stage was so full of instrumental set up, and it was amazing, like patton was conducting some kid of crazy orchestra.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 11-19-2005 at 12:09 AM

My recommendation is for a whole subgenre. Japanese Oi, it fucking rules. Go to Vulture Rock and pick up the Super Yobs II compilation. It's about half American and half Jap Oi stuff. Actually I don't think there's a website for Vulture Rock anymore, but they still sell tons of stuff on eBay under the seller names loud138 and marys$$$auctions. The bands LRF, The Hawks, and Sideburns are all really good and are on that. Also try to track down a comp called Burst Out : West Japanese Skinheads, that record doesn't have a bad band or song on it. A few of my favorite bands would be LRF, For Men, Sideburns, Rough Trade, and The Hawks, but there's a bunch more that are really good.

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 11-19-2005 at 12:16 AM

Ah, they have that Super Yobs up right now on eBay, copy this link and you can get it cheap...... http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPERYOBS-VOL-2-SKINHEAD-OI-HARDCORE-JAP...

Veritas odium parit
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 11-19-2005 at 11:23 AM

Thanks Tire............I will definitely look into this. The Japanese love Punk, OI, Psycho, Rockabilly and hardcore. They take it more seriously than most cultures, when they get into something, they get into it.
Here are a few more

Demons (on gearhead records)
The tombstones
coffin bangers
Theres also a really good tribute to Cash called Dear Johnny, that is worth a listen, some really good renditions of a couple of his classics.
jason kills

[*] posted on 11-19-2005 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Mountains of gear meaning they cant even move on stage? Ive seen Mr Bungle and it was like that, they had to stand in one place the whole show because the stage was so full of instrumental set up, and it was amazing, like patton was conducting some kid of crazy orchestra.

we're going for the same shit. both i and the other guitar player have a full stack, and the bassist has an 8x10 set up now. but, i have two heads, and am abotu to have two full stacks, along with the other guitar player. our bassists also has another 8x10, so it'll be insane. plus, our drummer has an old 70's Rogers kit with two bass drums we're going to start setting up regularly. oh, and we also have a good friend that does a noise project called astrogenic halucinauting that is going to do live and recorded shit with us.

we want to be massive.

Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 11-19-2005 at 05:41 PM

Sounds massive, what kinds of stacks? Marshall I'm assuming, Ampeg for the bassist?
jason kills

[*] posted on 11-20-2005 at 05:16 PM

my stack: 5150 signature series, old mesa cab from '93, a cab we built loaded with celestions

other stack: vht pitbull, vht cab, orange cab

bass: mesa 1400 watt something, '83 ampeg 8x10

i'm going to be selling my 5150 soon. want to get a marshall head again. soooooo much more brutal. when we recorded, we used a marshall.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top