Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: From the flyer archive...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 01:33 PM
From the flyer archive...

My friend Jack sent me this this morning. Good times. Another of our friends recalls that either Up Frount or Maxmim Pently played as well. Kinda hard to believe we were (in theory) paying $10 for shows 15 years ago.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 01:36 PM

No booze! Ewwww.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 01:42 PM

nazi skins were always the biggest problems at shows in PA in the late 80s and early 90s anyway.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 01:59 PM

SWEET! I love old flyers!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 02:07 PM

yo i remember unisound
i was to play in a battle of the bands there in like 92 or so
that place was cool
what was that other place...breakers or something where all the skinhead goofballs used to go
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 02:07 PM

the nazis used to want to kill me
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 02:26 PM

Oh. My. God. you did not just bring up Breakers. I was there every week back in highschool. Starkweather played there once. With Black Train JAck if I remember correctly.

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 02:27 PM

Quote:

nazi skins were always the biggest problems at shows in PA in the late 80s and early 90s anyway

Man, nazi skins were the biggest problem at most shows no matter where they were during that time period. I remember going to see Fugazi in like 93 and there were 3 nazis from Boston who were running the place, they had everyone scared shitless. This was before FSU "cleaned" em out in the New England area. What a trade off, nazis for FSU, so instead of swastikas beating kids down you had adidas beating kids down, no difference except for the look.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 02:50 PM

the AC skins used to drive all the way up to drexel hill pa to come to this little assed place called circus town (which is like a chuck e cheese) when local metal bands would play. i was like 14 then. these big assed mutant metal dudes from my neighborhood sent em packin though.
these bozos wanted to kill me at one point because some nazi dude got beat up with a can of beer in UD and someone told em i was involved. whatever. they even came looking for me one night out back of this school where everyone drank and whatnot. funny thing was when these schmucks finally figured out who i was they didnt touch me because i was friends with mrbadvibes little sister and they were scared of him or some shit. true story
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
What a trade off, nazis for FSU, so instead of swastikas beating kids down you had adidas beating kids down, no difference except for the look.

This might not be a popular statement to make, but at least Nazis stood for something. Its a completly ignorant point of view in my opinion, but they did THINK they had a greater cause. That is at least somewhat differant then beating someone up just for the sake of starting a fight.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 05:34 PM

Alot of the nazis I came across didnt even have a clue as to what they thought they were supposed to stand for (whatever genius that was???). They said they hated (insert anyone but non jewish white people), but showed it by beating on "their white brothers" at shows and that was always kids smaller than them, fuckin pussy morons.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 07:16 PM

yeah,
there was a "skinhead riot" at my high school when i was a senior says Action News. If any of those faggots were enrolled at that school now the black kids (which there are allot of now vs what was there then) would kick the shit out of them. that "riot" consisted of like 30 nazi fags coming from all over the place to beat down 3 dudes who were ARA or whatever they called themselves back then. fuckin stupid. funny thing is these nazi fags didnt even really hurt these dudes they beat up either. it really was a weird time period between 90-94 here in philly. i remember going down to south street and getting followed by nazis and shit and all kinds of weird shit happening. for me that was the time i guess that i was inot the "scene " or whatever

ok...anyone who was ever in touch with philly remember

BRICKHOUSE
or
DARE TO DEFY
?
i dug them giys back then
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 12:50 PM

I remember Dare to defy, they had the one album with the clay kid playing marbles with crack pipes and needles all around him right?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 12:53 PM

i never had that one
i have the 2 7 inches
one with a crowd scene on the front
and tales from the drunkside with paul bearer and jerry a singin back ups
good shit
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
the AC skins used to drive all the way up to drexel hill pa to come to this little assed place called circus town (which is like a chuck e cheese) when local metal bands would play. i was like 14 then. these big assed mutant metal dudes from my neighborhood sent em packin though.
these bozos wanted to kill me at one point because some nazi dude got beat up with a can of beer in UD and someone told em i was involved. whatever. they even came looking for me one night out back of this school where everyone drank and whatnot. funny thing was when these schmucks finally figured out who i was they didnt touch me because i was friends with mrbadvibes little sister and they were scared of him or some shit. true story

really?
circus town............oh man

you come at the king....you best not miss
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
Quote:

really?
circus town............oh man

the nazis didnt want to kill me till years later like 92 or so...along with a laundry list of others like moody and jello

yeah they used to come up in droves...i remember this one idiot macing himself by accident...he had somethin funny tattooed in side his lip...

circus towne was funny with them big stuffed animals behind thrash bands...and mutant metal rednecks and nazis duking it out...

yep i think them goofs were scared of you and Buck...a bunch of em lived behind the bazaar...but them dudes were punks
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 02:13 PM

those dudes behind the bazzaar
oh man
what a bunch of douchebags they were
they had litterally 10 guys with them one night while i was alone and they were too scared to jump me
then buck came up with a bat and they litterally ran off from the 2 of us

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 02:17 PM

Whatever happened to Buck? Havent seen him in like 10 years
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 03:28 PM

i see him now and then
he is a little ummmmm crazy and i had to sort of distance myself from him
i still like him very much but ya know

confused13

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 04:23 PM

I?m from germany and here we still have big problems with nazis at hardcore shows. At the last blood for blood show i saw many nazis which me and my friends used to battle years ago - different clothes but same shit in the head.
ems

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
My friend Jack sent me this this morning. Good times. Another of our friends recalls that either Up Frount or Maxmim Pently played as well. Kinda hard to believe we were (in theory) paying $10 for shows 15 years ago.

first off, i can't believe you posted a unisound flyer. that rules. check out my blog, not only have i been talking about the unisound, but last night i posted an icemen mp3 jiggy.

i used to love stand up!

http://coregasm.blogspot.com/

Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 05:33 PM

Quote:

I?m from germany and here we still have big problems with nazis at hardcore shows. At the last blood for blood show i saw many nazis which me and my friends used to battle years ago - different clothes but same shit in the head.

This is so true, they seem to have gone into the woodwork for the most part in this Country but I see them all over the place in Europe. The last time I was overseas I saw nazi punks all over the place and no one seemed to care one way or the other. I didnt really see any brawls or beatdowns either, they just seemed to coincide with the rest of society, wierd?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 05:49 PM

that was the band i was doing on that flyer...nothing to prove...this is too weird now
confused13

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 06:09 PM

Quote:

This is so true, they seem to have gone into the woodwork for the most part in this Country but I see them all over the place in Europe. The last time I was overseas I saw nazi punks all over the place and no one seemed to care one way or the other. I didnt really see any brawls or beatdowns either, they just seemed to coincide with the rest of society, wierd?

Me and my friends do (take) care about these fuckers and beat them up whenever we can. Here in my hometown we do know the most nazis so we can fight them. But shows in other towns are kind of strange. Do you still have the same problems in the USA?
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 12-7-2005 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
i never had that one
i have the 2 7 inches
one with a crowd scene on the front
and tales from the drunkside with paul bearer and jerry a singin back ups
good shit
I've got both of these as well, bought the Drunkside one because of the guest spots from two of my favorites and picked up the other one after that.

Veritas odium parit
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top