Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Man Shot and Killed at Donnybrook Show
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 11:36 AM
Man Shot and Killed at Donnybrook Show

What the fuck kind of world are we living in?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?...

Arizona Daily Star is reporting that one man died and several people were injured when a large fight broke out during a DONNYBROOK/SHATTERED REALM concert at a Tucson youth center Wednesday night (Dec. 7), police said. Also appearing on the bill were HOODS and BLACK MY HEART.

A man in his early 20s was shot to death around 9 p.m. during the concert at Skrappy's, a club for teens at 201 E. Broadway, police and witnesses said. [View photos of the scene outside Skrappy's: Photo#1, Photo#2.]

The man, whose name was not released pending family notification, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, said Sgt. Ramon Batista, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

There were few details late Wednesday as Tucson police were interviewing dozens of witnesses and sorting out exactly who did the shooting, although they did not believe the shooter was on the loose, Batista said.

Batista could not release any information about the others who were injured in the fight, but said that there were other weapons involved aside from the gun used in the shooting.

DONNYBROOK's "Street Brutality Tour" with SHATTERED REALM, HOODS and BLACK MY HEART is scheduled to conclude Thursday (Dec. 8) with an appearance at The Club House in Las Vegas, Nevada
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 11:45 AM

i'm very sorry to hear this news. the tour is pretty much over, but i hope the bands get through ok.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 11:48 AM

I'll never understand shit like this.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 12:00 PM

What a waste, thats why I dont go to many shows anymore, too many posturing fuckin morons who think they have something to prove and "hardcore" shows are the place to do it, fuckin douchebags.
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 12:03 PM

Anything is going too far when somebody loses their life.

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 12:21 PM

morons
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 12:46 PM

More reading: http://lambgoat.com/news/view.aspx?id=5851

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Ed

Mood: The voices in my head, telling me to do bad things.

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 01:05 PM

This type of behavior really sickens me. The guy that has to carry a gun to a show as a means to extend his own penis is a true fucking coward. Shit like this has been happening now for years. When I was a young kid just starting to go to hardcore shows fights would happen, you would get smacked around, (not that often mind you) but you would take it, GET OVER IT and go on with your life intact. Now I feel somewhat disconnected with the scene and what some of it has become. Some people might get pissed at me for saying this but this rap culture attitude now running rampant in the scene I cant relate to at all. You can like rap music and if thats your thing fine but where I was from guns, street gangs, bling, gold teeth, crooked baseball caps and suburban white boys with there jeans hanging down way past there ass, had zero to do with hardcore. This is why I started listening to hardcore in the first place because I couldnt relate to these things. Again I will say this has nothing to do with people into these type of things, But why is this nonsense at hardcore shows? WHAT HAPPENED? Maybe i'm just getting old.

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 01:13 PM

shitty
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed
This type of behavior really sickens me. The guy that has to carry a gun to a show as a means to extend his own penis is a true fucking coward. Shit like this has been happening now for years. When I was a young kid just starting to go to hardcore shows fights would happen, you would get smacked around, (not that often mind you) but you would take it, GET OVER IT and go on with your life intact. Now I feel somewhat disconnected with the scene and what some of it has become. Some people might get pissed at me for saying this but this rap culture attitude now running rampant in the scene I cant relate to at all. You can like rap music and if thats your thing fine but where I was from guns, street gangs, bling, gold teeth, crooked baseball caps and suburban white boys with there jeans hanging down way past there ass, had zero to do with hardcore. This is why I started listening to hardcore in the first place because I couldnt relate to these things. Again I will say this has nothing to do with people into these type of things, But why is this nonsense at hardcore shows? WHAT HAPPENED? Maybe i'm just getting old.

Yer not getting old, I feel the same way as do many others I'm sure.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 01:41 PM

this sucks plain and simple but it's not the rap culture,

it's our culture as a whole

there is no respect left for anything, and everything is disposable, even life

and I think it comes from the generation before ours

the fucking self involved hippy pieces of shit...
george carlin had a great rant about how they fucked it up for their kids....

they were to worried about "me me me" to take care of their fucking kids,
to teach them any values, the same values that they rejected as kids, and now are running mad to try to impose them all at once as a value system for the country, and it's just ass backwards

and now here are the kids of these asswipes pulling guns at shows....

this experiment of a society is a failure...
I hope Iran gets the bomb so we as a species can just be wiped clean from the slate and start over...
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 01:51 PM

The guy that has to carry a gun to a show as a means to extend his own penis is a true fucking coward.

Some people might get pissed at me for saying this but this rap culture attitude now running rampant in the scene I cant relate to at all.

WHAT HAPPENED? Maybe i'm just getting old.

yup
thats what i was thinkin
Ed

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
this sucks plain and simple but it's not the rap culture,

it's our culture as a whole

there is no respect left for anything, and everything is disposable, even life

and I think it comes from the generation before ours

the fucking self involved hippy pieces of shit...
george carlin had a great rant about how they fucked it up for their kids....

they were to worried about "me me me" to take care of their fucking kids,
to teach them any values, the same values that they rejected as kids, and now are running mad to try to impose them all at once as a value system for the country, and it's just ass backwards

and now here are the kids of these asswipes pulling guns at shows....

this experiment of a society is a failure...
I hope Iran gets the bomb so we as a species can just be wiped clean from the slate and start over...

Good point, I am sure there are many reasons that are leading to this sort of behavior. Also that Carlin rant you are talking about is great!

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 02:09 PM

well as a whole what has our society become, sitcoms and fast food, cell phones and dvd's (not that I don't enjoy my comforts but we suck)

we have more and more shit but nothing of quality, and nothing seems to last for more then a few years...

there are structures in the middle east that were built thousands of years ago that are still standing today, thru every kind of natural disaster, but most homes built here within the last 50 years seem to be falling apart...

we have no sense of true value anymore and this is being instilled in the youth, nothing matters to them but the external, once something is used up they toss it aside with no remorse...

it's everywhere in our culture and it's going to be the end of it as well...
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 02:19 PM

we're doomed
time to give the earth back to the cock roaches
CR83

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 03:28 PM

I can see both sides (Ed's and Def Star Steve's). Very good points. I'd like to add that there is such a need in our society for "Instant" and "Ultimate" gratification. Doing things the easiest way immediately and speed things up. Shit, make it easy. I'm not going to take the tough road and enjoy the reward. I'll bring a gun because I'm a tough guy. I can see how the "rap culture has influenced so many things. Majority of things seem to be about "Show". No value and all on the surface.

It's all bullshit and you are a pussy for shooting someone. I hope whoever did this fucking rots.
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 03:51 PM

Jesus Christ, reading those news comments on lambgoat. Pretty harsh.

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 04:00 PM

I am not looking to start an arguement
I was just stating that the "rap culture" excuse for kids acting like idiots is only the frosting on the cake...

the problems are a lot more serious then some kids wanting to be like 50 cent

and lets look at the facts behind the rap culture....

who sells this culture...
white corporations, record labels and movie studios,

who buys it
the majority is suburban white kids

what are they selling,
an image being protrayed by idiots who act the toughtest, and talk the most shit, about things they have little if anything to do with.

This style of rap outsells other forms of rap at incedible rates

why is it so popular with suburban white kids

this goes back to their parents,
they have neglected these kids in pursuit of their own personal gains and left them with no guidance what so ever.

They abandon them as soon as they are born into daycare and school, while they rush around trying to pursue some kind of image of the perfect homelife, the best job, the best home, the best car.

it always has to be better, and they push these same ideals into their kids, but don't guide them to understand any of it, so the kids react like their parnets,

I need to be tougher, I need more, and then they are getting influeneced by these outside sources, (since the parents are not around to guide them) the media, music, movies and video games and they see the same paterns as in thier parents

I am the hardest rapper, I shot a 100 mother fuckas...
and I killed every mofo in that game....

blaming the media and rap is just a cop out in my opinon, it's all of our faults for letting it get like this.

we live in a negative culture that we have built and then we are pissed off when negative shit happens, and we look to the easy out instead of looking at what is truely wrong with the situation...
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 04:26 PM

Your right Steve, but as a parent you are aware, I'm sure, that it's your responsibility to make the next generation a little better, by guiding your own children the right way. My wife and I are blessed with the option to keep her home to raise our daughter . I know it's a losing battle because inteligent, enlightened people are having less and less children while ignorant fucks breed left and right, but we can only do what we can do right? my philosophy is alot like yours, I have little to no love for the human race as a whole, but having a kid has opened my eyes to a whole new level of understanding in this shithole, and I now have a purpose to be around. It sounds cheesy but we can make a difference, nothing is beyond redemption of one kind or another.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 05:01 PM

and man I am trying....
and I am sure you are as well... as well as all of the parents on the board
but it's us against the world it seems,
and the world is winning
my kids are bright and well behaved, and have a good sense of right and wrong,
but we also can't shelter them so much that they are completly unable to deal with the harsh situations that the world will present when they go out into it
my kids are the only reason I work as hard as I do and are my only ray of sunshine. I am hoping to build something for them to have in future, if there is one, and instill in them the vaules of hard work, and responsability that it takes to be a good person. But how come it seems that noone else gives a shit about anything anymore

I got into punk and hardcore as I was a loner skater kid, and in the lyrics and values that were persented to me I could see others like myself who felt the world was fucked and this was the last place for sanity...
and now it's gone as well
if people want to kill each other in the streets like animals fuck it let em, it's how they are conditioned to be and I am too tired to care about them anymore
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 05:09 PM

Hairy Darrin - FSU

confused13

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 05:23 PM

Oh man - i'm glad to live in a land where handguns are not so easy to get like in the USA. The good old one o one is the only fair way to prove your strenght.
CR83

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 05:32 PM

Do you think people will bring up some comparison on FSU and Bullshit fights now? This is so fucking wrong, the whole thing.

Does anyone know if the bands are still playing in Vegas tonight?
Ed

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
I am not looking to start an arguement
I was just stating that the "rap culture" excuse for kids acting like idiots is only the frosting on the cake...

the problems are a lot more serious then some kids wanting to be like 50 cent

and lets look at the facts behind the rap culture....

who sells this culture...
white corporations, record labels and movie studios,

who buys it
the majority is suburban white kids

what are they selling,
an image being protrayed by idiots who act the toughtest, and talk the most shit, about things they have little if anything to do with.

This style of rap outsells other forms of rap at incedible rates

why is it so popular with suburban white kids

this goes back to their parents,
they have neglected these kids in pursuit of their own personal gains and left them with no guidance what so ever.

They abandon them as soon as they are born into daycare and school, while they rush around trying to pursue some kind of image of the perfect homelife, the best job, the best home, the best car.

it always has to be better, and they push these same ideals into their kids, but don't guide them to understand any of it, so the kids react like their parnets,

I need to be tougher, I need more, and then they are getting influeneced by these outside sources, (since the parents are not around to guide them) the media, music, movies and video games and they see the same paterns as in thier parents

I am the hardest rapper, I shot a 100 mother fuckas...
and I killed every mofo in that game....

blaming the media and rap is just a cop out in my opinon, it's all of our faults for letting it get like this.

we live in a negative culture that we have built and then we are pissed off when negative shit happens, and we look to the easy out instead of looking at what is truely wrong with the situation...

Your not starting a argument in the least Steve. I see your point and agree 100%. I was stating something that I see that really bothers me in the scene, I guess it is more of a surface observation while your point goes alot deeper than mine. It just sucks that somebody had to loose there life at a show, this kind of thing is really hard for me to swallow.

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2005 at 06:43 PM

and I see your point as well...
a lot of stupid people have jumped on board as of late....

maybe this is a little harsh,
but you could just call it natural selection and a thinning of the herd...
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top