Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hey NYC TWU members... FUCK YOU!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-21-2005 at 10:00 AM
Hey NYC TWU members... FUCK YOU!

You know, I kinda felt for you during the negotiation process. But then the brown outs started... a "track fire" here, a "broken switch" there, all causing more and more delays as the end of your contract approached. Eventually the MTA gives you 99% of what you wanted, and you still strike?

You think you can hold the city and its 7 MILLION commuters hostage until you get the other 1%. You know what? Fuck you. People are walking 4+ hours in 20 degree weather to get to work and are getting sick in the process, people are loosing their jobs cause they can't get to work in time, and people are dying in ambulances stuck in traffic. Who's fault is it? YOURS, you fuckers.

This strike is illegal, and I hope Mayor Bloomberg sticks to his word and doesn't go back to the bargaining table until you fuckers go back to work. Ya better hope you all don't just get fired. I hear there are a lot of people from New Orleans looking for work.

Cunts.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 12-21-2005 at 10:09 AM

Police strikes are so much more fun.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 12-21-2005 at 06:11 PM

wow. duane, tremendous post.,
-THORP
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 02:18 AM

I am a huge supporter of the working class, and I believe that ultimately TWU should get the raise that the MTA has offered (let's face it, 3%, 4%, 3.5% over three years barely keeps them above inflation), but the thing that pisses me off the most is how Toussaint keeps talking about how this strike is meant to benefit the working class.

Here's a quick quote from the NY Times...
"The strike was responsible for a 40 percent decline in business at restaurants, an 80 percent decline in visitors at museums, and a 90 percent decline in customers at the Fulton Mall in Brooklyn, the mayor said. He estimated the city's lost revenue at $300 million to $400 million a day."

On NY1 they profiled a 36yo father of two who takes MetroNorth from the Bronx to Grand Central, then walks to Brooklyn Heights for a waiter job at a diner that pays him less than what it costs him to commute. All so he can keep his job. Then they interviewed another guy who was doing essentially the same thing in the opposite direction - walking from East New York to the Upper West Side so he could show up for work and not get fired.

Roger Toussaint is single handedly killing the already beaten down working class New Yorker.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
THORP
Super Administrator

Mood: Evil Conduct, Brains, Hank III

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 09:46 AM

Amen
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 10:13 AM

Can't they legislate them back to work? That's what they do up here with essential services, even when its a legal strike. Short of that, who knows how to drive a bus?

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 02:46 PM

hell here in Philly SEPTA drivers can't even drive a bus
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-27-2005 at 06:51 PM

The city hadn't given case managers doing my job across the city a raise in 7 years, and when they finally did give them a raise I think it was maybe 4% plus a $1000 bonus. I was lucky that my agency put forth it's own money to help out we contract workers. We've gotten raises almost every year... 2 and 3%. Anyway, I was a little bitter when I heard they were holding out for a 6% raise. I dont really know of too many people who get a raise much over 4%.

In the end Im glad the strike is over, but it certainly didnt do them or the city of New York any good. They don't have a contract and people are pissed.

Go To Top