Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bands that need to tour Australia
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 1-4-2006 at 09:26 PM
Bands that need to tour Australia

We had Champion, Terror, Internal Affairs, Throwdown, Betrayed, Children of Bodom, Nile, Madball etc etc in 2005 so here's a list of bands that need to come in 2006:

100 Demons
Blood For Blood
Sick of It All
Blacklisted
Propagandhi
Sworn Enemy
The Kill Decibel (I bloody miss them live!)

Thats all I can think of and seriously a BFB or Demons show would be packed and everyone would go completely nuts for the whole set. People go crazy for overseas bands here cuz they are so rare so everyone comes out & everyone goes nuts.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 1-4-2006 at 09:32 PM

slapshot

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2006 at 10:26 PM

what AC/DC isn't enough?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2006 at 10:27 PM

I hear Men At Work are still huge there....
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-4-2006 at 10:56 PM

I'd be happy if a few of those bands played Canada some time soon, let alone Australia.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
geneterror

[*] posted on 1-4-2006 at 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
We had Champion, Terror, Internal Affairs, Throwdown, Betrayed, Children of Bodom, Nile, Madball etc etc in 2005 so here's a list of bands that need to come in 2006:

100 Demons
Blood For Blood
Sick of It All
Blacklisted
Sworn Enemy

Then they can add New Zealand onto the end of their trips ;) Weren't SOIA only there last year. Seems like they were here only last year?
The Terror and Madball shows over here were crazy. I still can't figure out why Interanl Affairs didn't come over here and I didn't have enough money at the time to fly over there to see them.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 12:06 AM

SOIA wasn't here in 2005 or I would have gone, pretty sure late 2004 before I arrived.
AC/DC is doing a tour shortly but its like $80 and seriously I ain't payin that much for any band.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 01:38 AM

one of my best friends was there with IA. and not that they are on your list and i don't know if you like them, but i think outbreaks going to australia this year.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 02:15 AM

The IA/Betrayed/Miles Away/Champion show was the last I've been to and was amazing.
Never got into Outbreak but if its a good line up I'm going.

forsaken

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 02:54 AM

Yeah, 100 demons are definetly on the cards mike ... i spoke to them when I was in the US and they said resist records were talking to them about it ... if resist dont bring them out then i'm going to fork out the cash for someone like washed up records to do it ... i dunno. it really needs to be done, i think people underestimate how loved 100 demons are down here.

also, my band is coming to adelaide soonish with jungle fever so come see us ... we are pretty shit but do good covers hahaa.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 11:34 AM

Tell Angry Anderson to get his ass to Nova Scotia!

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
People go crazy for overseas bands here cuz they are so rare so everyone comes out & everyone goes nuts.

Hey mike are you still doing the promo thing?.
What are the local bands like down there?.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 06:18 PM

When is the Jungle Fever show? You guys do Skarhead & 25 Ta Life don't ya? Post up the covers you do!

I haven't started promoting shows here yet but I'm going to be starting this year once I have a stable income. I've only been working since mid-December so I didn't have the cash to put shows on last year. I am all about promoting the bands here though, so many damn amazing bands and talent here that would do very good in the US (far better than Day of Contempt!)

From The Ruins (hardcore)
Burn For Me (metal)
Miles Away (hardcore)
Taking Sides (hardcore)
Mindsnare (hardcore)
Last Nerve (hardcore)
Parkway Drive (metal)
Against (hardcore)
Stronghold (hardcore)

Jungle Fever & Stolen Youth are two amazing hardcore & punk bands too but I don't know their URL. Jungle Fever is on myspace & Stolen Youth has a site but I can't be bothered looking right now hah. Aussie hardcore is amazing & diverse, some as hard or harder than Hatebreed, others so classic that if you love old hardcore you will dig them.

My top 5 bands currently here is Jungle Fever, Stronghold, Taking Sides, From The Ruins & Burn For Me.

geneterror

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 06:30 PM

Taking Sides are awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing Stronghold over here soon!

Damn are Mindsnare still around I remember seeing them in New Zealand about 6 years ago.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 08:03 PM

i love miles away

forsaken

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 09:25 PM

Mindsnare still are, and will always be, the kings of australian hardcore (even though they're pretty darn metalish now) .. they've been around since like 93 and haven't made a cent ... it's amazing.

Mike we've done / are currently playing :

Skarhead - K.A.C
25 Ta Life - Strength thru unity & let the past be the past
Last Nerve - housed
hatebreed - smash your enemies
One Life Crew - Murdario Stomp
Warzone - dont forget the struggle
The Veronicas - 4ever
Cro-mags - hard times
Terror - the breakdown from lowest of the low as an intro.
Korn - Blind (as a pisstake intro for all the nu metal kids)
Cold World - (dunno the song, only played it once)
Integrity - Micha
Merauder - Life is Pain

... shit i know theres more ...

haha is it pathetic that we only have written 3 songs but play all those covers?
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 10:19 PM

No I love it, I want to start a strictly cover band here but no luck.
You gotta do Where It Begins by 25 Ta Life, its amazing. Definately gotta play Skarhead for me and Merauder maybe too. Not really into hearing any of the others except maybe Warzone & Integrity.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-6-2006 at 02:29 AM

cover a different cromags song. for example it's the limit, show you no mercy, or don't tread on me. : )

smash your enemies is the hardest song ever. and god i love warzone.

Go To Top