Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SSD
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 06:05 PM
SSD

Was "The Kids Will Have Their Say" ever released on cd? The only thing I've ever been able to find is the compilation on Taang called Power. I'd like to get the individual albums but I've only ever seen them on vinyl, and they usually go for a lot more than I can afford to spend.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 07:35 PM

Nope. Power has most of it on there, but unless there's a bootleg CD out there somewhere, The Kids was never on CD. I'd love to get it myself, since I'm never gonna have the money to buy the vinyl. Too bad for me that I was never able to pull off the same trick I did with the vinyl for Get It Away (I paid 5 bucks for an original because the store I bought it from had no idea what they had).

Veritas odium parit
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 07:50 PM

you can download all of the songs from this website. Just click the "mp3's" link on the left.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 09:25 PM

I did that recently. I just like having an actual copy. It's one of the few things I've actually downloaded, simply because I can't buy it without taking out a bank loan.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 03:26 AM

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SSD-SS-Decontrol-Orig-Kids-will-have-thei...

and

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SS-DECONTROL-LP-REPRINT-KIDS-WILL-HAVE-TH...
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 07:15 AM

I want an OG copy pretty bad but Wolfpack is more important to me. Oh well.... Maybe someday!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 08:48 AM

Late 80's/Early 90's Albany-Wolfpack

Or the scandinavian outfit who had to change their name to Wolf Brigade?

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KyleOz
Late 80's/Early 90's Albany-Wolfpack

Or the scandinavian outfit who had to change their name to Wolf Brigade?

I ment DYS Wolfpac because we were talking about XClaim releases.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 12:24 PM

Isnt Wolfpack the Taang release and Brotherhood is the XClaim release? Ive got a copy of the DYS - Brotherhood LP on XClaim. I love that record.
Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 02:15 PM

There's a bootleg CD that has "Kids...", "Get it Away" and "How We Rock". I got it about 5 years ago, so not sure if its still available. Its total bootleg though, not remastered or anything. its recorded right off the vinyl. you can even hear this hiss and pop, which actually isn't a bad thing.

The OG vinyl goes for so much. I have a OG Get it Away which I got in a trade about 10 years ago.

POWER sucks. Worst reissue EVER. It doesn't even have all the tracks from "Kids". Never understood why Taang did that.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooch
There's a bootleg CD that has "Kids...", "Get it Away" and "How We Rock". I got it about 5 years ago, so not sure if its still available. Its total bootleg though, not remastered or anything. its recorded right off the vinyl. you can even hear this hiss and pop, which actually isn't a bad thing.

The OG vinyl goes for so much. I have a OG Get it Away which I got in a trade about 10 years ago.

POWER sucks. Worst reissue EVER. It doesn't even have all the tracks from "Kids". Never understood why Taang did that.

They knew it would sell. Hell, I bought it.

Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:

They knew it would sell. Hell, I bought it.

I think that came out in 1990 or so. I had been listening to hc for a few years at that point, but still hadn't heard SSD, which bummed me out because I had read that they were awesome.
Anyways, I started seeing ads for Power and one day I walked into a record store and I saw they had it. I was stoked and was about to buy it when another dude in the store who I had never met before advised me not to. He told me how it was incomplete and wasn't worth the money. I told him that I really wanted to hear them, so he offered to dub me Kids and Get it Away. Of course, I never saw the dude again, so it ended up being a couple more years before I got copies of them. It was worth the wait though because they rip.
Like I saw earlier, I was able to score a OG copy of GIA, but Kids is a little harder to come by and more expensive when you find one. Hopefully I'll own one before I die.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Actually, I just think of Power as a greatest hits type thing. It's not bad for what it is and it was pretty cheap for a double LP when I got it.

Veritas odium parit

Go To Top