Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: muslims
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 11:30 AM

The Wikipedia article in question is reliable, it's just the quickest, most consice, thing I could find. Thus, making sense to post it. The reality is that the hadith, or sayings, of Muhammad aren't always 100% accurate and there's an indepth science that goes into how those are verified and whether or not the narrators can be trusted... including how good their memories may have been at the time certain statements were narrated. Historical records differ from what those hadith say, the one's saying Aisha was 9 were said by a man whose memory was weak by the time he made those narrations. My piont is, when compilers of books of sayings were more concerned with the teaching of the laws of what was permissible and not or how to worship etc they focus less on sayings or stories about history and are likely to have flawed historical data in their books. The historians, on the other hand, are meticulously concerned with historical data and would do their utmost make sure they had correct data in light of all sources. Hence why the biographer of Muhammad has information that indicates Aisha was at least 14 when she was married.

My point being, you just resorted to the kind of argument that Christian zealots use against Islam, and so I presented relevant information to Aisha's case... as well as information that the Virgin Mary was around 12 to 16. It's not just Catholic teaching, it was Jewish tradition at the time. If you don't care about religion, then why bother resorting to making a statement like "wasn't Muhammad a dirty pedophile" and then when you're given relevant information that challenges that notion you reject it. That's just retarded. Call something in my religion out, and I'm going to challenge it.

I just think it is erroneous to attribute everything to Islam that Muslims do. Is it justifiable to riot and burn down the property of the Danish government over this cartoon? No, and even the Muslim "clerics" from Denmark that are tacitly responsible for this whole mess say that. It would be just as erroneous to attribute to Christianity, more specifically the teachings of Christ, the actions of many Christians. Pat Robertson isn't anymore representative of Christianity on the whole than Osama Bin Laden is Islam.

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 09:23 PM

Pat Robertson............and Osama Bin Fucko. Good comparison, I hate Robertson and everything he stands for as a "Christian" but at least he dosent convince people to blow themselves up in the name of his Jihad. I cannot wait until we take that fucker out, I hope it's some CIA operative that does it too, so he can say we made him, and we broke him. For the record, I have nothing against Muslims, as long as they don't buy into this whole Jihad thing being sold to the angry disenfranchised youth of the middle east. if ya do, ya gotta go.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2006 at 10:39 PM

Yeah, well, there's legitimate jihad(for defense only, no taking of civilian and other non-combatant life, etc), and then there's what al-Qa'ida and other terrorists are doing... that shit's just fucked up.

As for Robertson, yeah, he's not convincing people to suicide bomb... but he's suggesting the assassinations of elected foreign officials, telling entire cities not to turn to God because they rejected intelligent design in their schools, and suggests that he knows God's mind by saying that Sharon is suffering illness because he's pulled out of Gaza... the guy is just as much a terrorist(in my opinion) as Bin Laden... then again, so is the Bush administration, they fear-monger more than al-Qa'ida.

I'm just pissed off at the world in general anymore. Fuck Bush, fuck Robertson, fuck Israel, fuck the majority of Muslims and everyone else.

Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 2-13-2006 at 11:27 PM

im half arab, but not a muslim, in fact im no religion. Its dumb that they are rioting over a cartoon. Fuck that, freedom of speech. BUt at the same time the cartoonist was dumb. With all the tensions built up, it wasnt that smart. As for jihad, fuck that too. All religous uprisings are dumb. However things like anti-fata, and people rioting for thier rights im all for. Point is religous fanatics suck, warmongers suck,pat robertson blows, bush blows, osama blows, haliburton blows, being respectful, kind and MINDFUL towards others culture,rights, is good.

ok im done with my not really having to to with the topic but im really bored post

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-14-2006 at 01:48 AM

all religions make me wanna throw up
all religions make me sick
-jello biafra but i wish i said it first

you come at the king....you best not miss
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-14-2006 at 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
all religions make me wanna throw up
all religions make me sick
-jello biafra but i wish i said it first

water u doin in the hate forum?
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 2-14-2006 at 09:00 AM

None of this happened. All lies. There was no Jesus there was no Mohammed.
The truth is far more encouraging.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Mute98

Mood: FALSE ALLIANCE!

[*] posted on 2-18-2006 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
I'm not in the least offended by the "stop we ran out of virgins" one... it's kind of funny, and not because it is poking fun at my religion... but because it's poking fun at the extremists who are fucking it up.

The bomb-turban one though has literally no discernable point, and it's not even technically a good satirical cartoon, and it blatantly offensive to Muslims.

im muslim and i find it hilarious

not really religious though
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 2-27-2006 at 12:17 PM

Any religion taken seriously is rediculous.
If you live your life with morals and a concious, then why do you need religion.
Who cares, im wrong anyways, and i cant spell for shit.
The only thing i look forward to on sundays is BBQ and Beer.
My life rules, and people who bitch too much are missing out.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-27-2006 at 07:20 PM

Haha. Word Gabe. I'm feeling you on that.

I guess it's kind of like the whole straight edge thing, or a crew thing, like-minded people banding together under a set of beliefs... in the case of religion that's God and how to worship Him.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top