Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: MADBALL
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 01:52 PM
MADBALL

god i love this band so much it hurts. saw them again last night and i think i could watch them everyday and still enjoy myself. they played everything i wanted to hear and it was one of (if not) the best reactions i've ever seen from kids in maine. i'm so happy.

i don't know if you will all feel my love for madball and some of you are picky about your shows nowadays, but are there any bands that you are always just so thrilled after seeing?

beaner

Mood: my kids chattin away.

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 01:58 PM

madball are awesome. seen them 9 times. cant wait to see them play here with the stuff off 'legacy'.

the only other band's that have made me feel so good about goin to their gig's are biohazard and iron maiden.

nuff said me thinks. :cool:
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 02:07 PM

Im not huge fan of Madball. I dont hate them, but to me they are not as good as the hype they get. Bands that I always leave feeling thrilled after a show....

Slapshot
Murphys Law
Blood for Blood

Not sure who else.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 02:41 PM

paint it black is also one i'm always extremely happy after. but FUCK madball was so fun. they played hardcore pride twice and they picked the perfect songs off legacy even though i love the whole thing.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 04:38 PM

I love Madball.

Bands that never disappoint:

Madball
Agnostic Front
Blood For Blood
Dayglo Abortions
Murphy's Law
Motorhead

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-19-2006 at 04:44 PM

madball
SICK OF IT ALL
murphys law
MOTORHEAD
ANTHRAX
7 seconds
..............too many to list

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 03:38 AM

ive seen them a buncha buncha times, and most have been good...theyre playin the TLA in philly on the 16th of march, but i dont know if i really care to go to that at all. theyre playin with a buncha bands off thier label (ferret) that i think suck, plus i just dont like the TLA as it is....besides,,2 days later theres a show happenin on second street with some better bands....i think we know who they are....
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 09:22 AM

just go see them. show up late or something to avoid the awfulness that goes beforehand. they could play with the worst bands in the entire world and i'd still go in a heartbeat.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 09:33 AM

I wish I could have seen them when Ball of Destruction came out.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 10:35 AM

MAd love for Madball.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 12:51 PM

Madball are total pros too. They really get shit going when they are playing. They are great.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 01:38 PM

yet i will probably go to it anyway, as my best friend, whom is the only cat whom i go to shows with these days really wants to go to it.
plus the next day is sait pattys day, and as tradition follows he will be drinking starting the next morning. pluss maybe its an excuse for a philly triple header if you will. maybe ill get to see my pal tommy down in that area. madball on thursday, st pattys day massacare of my liver on friday, badvibes/ joe coffee for saturday. ,,i usually dont partake in st pattys day antics, but the way things have been latley, i think i could stand o get totally incoherent and get in a fight or something....
serGGu

Mood: Youth Crew/Old School HC

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:34 PM

oooohh man, Madball is the pioneer of today's hardcore. I mean, I really enjoy almost every album Madball have made (except the two first ones), at first I hated 'em because of the shitty sounds, but when I bought Legacy, I was sold! GODDAMN! And nowadays bands who claim to play Old School Hardcore or whatever, is in my opinion, playing hardcore music that sounds awfull lot like Madball did 'bout 10 years ago, with a little twist of hip hop-attitude, don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad thing at all!
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by serGGu
oooohh man, Madball is the pioneer of today's hardcore. I mean, I really enjoy almost every album Madball have made (except the two first ones), at first I hated 'em because of the shitty sounds, but when I bought Legacy, I was sold! GODDAMN! And nowadays bands who claim to play Old School Hardcore or whatever, is in my opinion, playing hardcore music that sounds awfull lot like Madball did 'bout 10 years ago, with a little twist of hip hop-attitude, don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad thing at all!

How can you say you you like Madball but NOT like Ball Of Destruction. Yer nuts bud.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:55 PM

i prefer the old stuff....legacy...didnt really like it
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:56 PM

im sorry same goes for AF
call me a dick, but how many songs really need to be written about hardcore pride / unity / whatever dms this dms that
who cares
try something new
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 07:00 PM

well given that none of the bands i like the most are either, a) broken up b) overseas c) just dont tour to canada at all or enough or cant get across the border i havent found that many that I can maintain the option of thinking about seeing all the time and still enjoying

but, madball. yeah, what more do I need to say? wow.

off topic:

i saw this ridiculous skinhead/kkk documentary on A&E last night... theres another wow.
fuckin hicks!
none of the people in it were from the city i swear... if they were to walk around a major city as they do in the sticks, swastikas and kkk tatoos and white power shirts they wouldnt last very long I'm sure. but since all they do is talk shit and say white power and seig heil even though probably 90% of them are not german or speak german and do this in the bush while burning american flags and crosses they are fine.

what the hell.
one of the morons said to the ATF:

"its not when im in the open and you're watching me that you have to worry, it's when you can't see me that you have to worry that I'm doing something illegal" - (HAHA)

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 07:06 PM

Saw that. Hillbilly idiots.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 07:14 PM

yeah =/
but like, that shit puts a bad name on any white person really.. especially if they decide to wear something like Slayer like they were in the video

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
call me a dick, but how many songs really need to be written about hardcore pride / unity / whatever dms this dms that
who cares
try something new

Well put, seriously, enough is enough write something new or focus on a new band. I love Roger Miret and the Disasters and I think it is so much better than new AF. The new Stigma solo project sounds promising as well and I cant wait to hear more.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
who cares
try something new

Well put, seriously, enough is enough write something new or focus on a new band. I love Roger Miret and the Disasters and I think it is so much better than new AF. The new Stigma solo project sounds promising as well and I cant wait to hear more.

yeah i dunno...maybe i was a little harsh with them remarks but its getting to be just rehashing the same one liners that rick ta life blurts out in every one of his songs.....at least when i hear a dropkick murphys song theres some creativity and meaning ...well you know what im saying.....
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 12:23 AM

I love Madball... and to be honest, Legacy is treading some new ground for Freddy lyrically. It's certainly more about hindsight than about being a thug... which is every Madball album up to Hold It Down. Legacy, in my humble opinion, is their crowning glory. I mean, sure they've got the cliches... hardcore unity/pride and shit... but they still feel that way and don't seem to be all jaded and shit. It wouldn't be a Madball record without something like that would it?

I don't like the Disasters as much as AF in general, including the new shit. I think Another Voice can get boring, but I'm still into it. There are a few parts where Roger's voice just sounds weak and forced. Of course, I think there are alot of instances where his voice sucks with the Disasters too.

About that WP doc, I saw that. You know, I watch shit like that and I just want to go find a Nazi and kick his head in. Shit, I watched Romper Stomper a couple weeks ago and wanted to kick in Nazi heads... and American History X. Gaaaa, I just want to kick in Nazi heads. Who's up for it?

I also felt bad for Slayer that those bonehead/rednecks were reppin' their shit so hard. T-Shirts, banners... annoying.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 10:28 PM

legacy is painfully good.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 10:41 PM

I seriously have not been able to get into any Madball since the first 7 inch. That was great, everything else has been so cliche, so cornball thug, so fucking cheesy I can't even sit through the painful metal they play behind all the attitude. I did try to give them a chance live since some bands I'm not into can turn me around with their live performance, but with Madball all I could do was laugh. I tried again a few years later thinking they might have been caught up in some kind of stupid gangsta trend and I was hoping they had outgrown it but, if anything, the second show I saw was even worse. I know this band is sacred to tons of people into HC, but I've never been able to figure out why.

Veritas odium parit
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 11:53 PM

as gay as anyone thingks any of this shit is, it is not nearly as gay as, or will ever be as gay as:

SHELTER
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top