Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Bruisers
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 02:40 PM
Bruisers

Been listening to the Bruisers non-stop the last couple of hours. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Way better than DKM. Wish Al hadn't ended the band. I understand his reasons for doing it, I just wish it hadn't happened.

"No fear, good friends, brothers to the end
means more to me than you will ever know."

Great lyric.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 02:45 PM

love em
i love the dkm too

you come at the king....you best not miss
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 02:47 PM

good stuff, they were great live too

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 02:54 PM

have a buncha bruisers downloaded...wanna find me a cd
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
have a buncha bruisers downloaded...wanna find me a cd

there are 2 collections out

you come at the king....you best not miss
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
love em
i love the dkm too

I love DKM. I just wish Al was still doing the Bruisers and Mike McCoglin was still singing for DKM.

Not that the Street Dogs suck or anything, because they do in fact rule.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 04:39 PM

i picked up a street dogs cd...not bad at all
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 08:06 PM

yeah,the fuckin Brusiers rule !

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
love em
i love the dkm too
DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 12:37 AM

bruisers were awesome

respectively, DKM and the Street Dogs are both awesome as well. in theory, they could've both done a lot worse.. they could've just stopped making music all together.

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
serGGu

Mood: Youth Crew/Old School HC

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 04:14 AM

Indeed, Bruisers is a bomb and Mike should still be singing for DKM. Do or Die is the best record they have made to this day
DeathByForce

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 06:45 AM

I can't handle when people say that. You might as well just say that you don't like DKM. It's not who they are anymore. It's a stand-out record but it's not THE best record they've ever recorded by far.

It signals strong beginnings but if I were to pick some of the best DKM memories it would have to be the line-up they have now. Just such a solid unit and very, very good chemistry.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 01:06 PM

I have to agree that Do Or Die is their best. That's not to say their other albums haven't kicked ass (except for Blackout, that one licked balls) but the stuff with Al singing has been in a different style. I like it, but they will never top Do Or Die

serGGu

Mood: Youth Crew/Old School HC

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByForce
I can't handle when people say that. You might as well just say that you don't like DKM. It's not who they are anymore. It's a stand-out record but it's not THE best record they've ever recorded by far.

It signals strong beginnings but if I were to pick some of the best DKM memories it would have to be the line-up they have now. Just such a solid unit and very, very good chemistry.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they are a great Punk rock-act. Do or Die just have a strong Oi!/Street Punk-vibe, that makes it so good album.

Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 12:42 PM

I like the diversity Al brought with his harmonies, it's outside of the box from the usual oi oi oi. All the bands in this thread are awesome, yes, we all miss the Bruisers, but it was time to move on and other great things occured because of it. I would have to say though, that of the three the Street Dogs are the most formulatic and , dare I say, boring if you will. Don't get me wrong, I dont think they are boring, but when compared to the Bruisers and the Murphys now, I don't think they stand out as much. I don't think the Murphys would be as original as they are now if they had stuck with Mike. Do or Die is a fuckin great album to say the least, but no where near there best if ya ask me.............but who's askin
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
I like the diversity Al brought with his harmonies, it's outside of the box from the usual oi oi oi. All the bands in this thread are awesome, yes, we all miss the Bruisers, but it was time to move on and other great things occured because of it. I would have to say though, that of the three the Street Dogs are the most formulatic and , dare I say, boring if you will. Don't get me wrong, I dont think they are boring, but when compared to the Bruisers and the Murphys now, I don't think they stand out as much. I don't think the Murphys would be as original as they are now if they had stuck with Mike. Do or Die is a fuckin great album to say the least, but no where near there best if ya ask me.............but who's askin
Really? I think the Street Dogs stomp all over the Murphys now. They honestly sound like what The Murphys could have been if Mike had stayed and they phased out the Irish thing. I still like DKM, but they almost come across as a gimmick band now. I've loved The Murphys since I first heard 'em and always will, but Al was much better in The Bruisers in my opinion. As far as stage presence goes, I would definitely say that Street Dogs are on top, those guys put on an amazing show. Mike is a large part of that, he was good at getting crowds pumped up back in the DKM days, but he's taken it so far beyond that now. For once I'm not trying to talk shit on any of the bands mentioned here because I really do love all three of these bands, but I just don't see how anybody can look at the current incarnation of The Murphys as compared to the Street Dogs and say that Street Dogs are more formulaic.

Veritas odium parit
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 07:22 PM

I think Do Or Die is the best one.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 09:43 PM

I'm going with Do or Die as their best, under the band name. Mike wasn't ready for the DKM commitment and I think they got a good replacement in Al. The Gang's All Here seemed like more of a Mike album with Al singing on it, though it still had some great sing alongs. Right now, DKM, with Marc & James, have really come a long way in playing and song writing. The band right now fits Al perfectly. While the band during Do or Die fit Mike perfectly. I loved DKM with Mike but I can't say right now that I wish Al wasnt' singing, cause I love where the band is at right now. Plus, Al is a fucking nice guy and I'd feel bad saying I wish he wasn't in the band anymore.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-22-2006 at 11:41 PM

I'm not trying to say Al shouldn't be in the band or anything negative about him or DKM at all. I do think that they are a completely different band than they were when Mike was in the band and PART of that is due to Al's vocals, but in and of itself, that's not a bad thing. I do think that at this point in time, of the two bands mentioned in this thread, Street Dogs is a better band. I will qualify that by saying that Street Dogs are an absolutely phenomenal band and being slightly lower on my scale than them is not a bad place to be at all. Now if all three of these bands were still going I have no idea who would come out on top....

Veritas odium parit
Mute98

Mood: FALSE ALLIANCE!

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 03:28 AM

i think al should start the bruisers back up but mike should stay with the street dogs, maybe DKM can find another singer? haha or ken should just do all vocals?
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 08:09 AM

I'm stickin to my guns on this one, I have to agree and disagree with you Saint, the street dogs are indeed damn good and they do put on a helluva live show, I only saw them once when they opened for Social D, but it was good nonetheless. I still have to say I think the Murphys with Al are much more impressionable for me and have all kinds of fun stage presence when they get goin. i wish I could say I had seen them live when Mike was singing for them, I would have liked that. But I'm just glad that all of these people are still making music in some form or fashion and I get to hear it, and on rare occasions see it done live. I think of the three, the Bruisers would come out on top with the original line up gettin it done.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 08:49 AM

i love the street dogs, does anyone else feel that the dropkicks, seem to be "trying" too hard, on every album to get more and more bagpipes on their records, still good albums, but you know what they don't need bagpipes on 3/4 of the songs. leave that to the Real McKenzies.

DeathByForce

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 02:02 PM

I like the pipes on the album because it really gives all the members more to do while adding diversity.

It really just adds to the live set. If you think of it that way, it really rounds out.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 05:14 PM

My real problem with DKM is Ken seems to be doing more and more vocals. When it was just a little bit here and there it was fine, but he's not a singer and shouldn't be doing so much. Al is vastly superior, and should be doing ALL the vocals. I only listened to the Blackout album a couple of times because I didn't really like it and one of the reasons was Ken doing vocals on so many songs. At least Al got a good showing on Warriors Code which kicked the shit out of Blackout.

DeathByForce

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 08:02 PM

Yeah, Al's vocals on Warriors Code are intense!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top