Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: any fans of ENSIGN here
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 01:41 AM
any fans of ENSIGN here

I got most of their stuff and noticed I go through phases of really liking this band. The cd's sit for a while but I always pick up DIRECTIONS OF..... and PRICE OF... and rock them out fro a few days like crazy. One band that has always illuded me seeing them live too. Everytime they come to Cleveland they bail out for one reason or another. Great band.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 01:46 AM

This is another one of those bands that friends think I will like for some reason. I fucking HATE everything I've ever heard from them. I never understood why people think there's something of the Old School to them, they sound boring as hell to me. I have a whole list of bands that friends tell me will finally be the one new band that they can turn me on to and all of them suck.

Veritas odium parit
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 02:44 AM

They are not oldschool at all and I know some people think that. They are definitely on the lighter side of hardcore but they are great.

T.I.S dude you hate everything. It's ok though. You like the REPLACEMENTS and I like probably their weakest record. "YOU BE ME FOR A WHILE.........and I'll be you. TO TIRED TO GET THROUGH. A REBEL WITHOUT A CLUE..................." I WAS FROM CANADA" blah blah blah. that record is good.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 08:42 AM

it's funny people think they're old school. what i never liked about them was that they were so new school! ha!

seriously though, i have one album of theirs, and i listen to it maybe a few times a year. i just never really got on board with them.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
WINTHESKIN

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 12:12 PM

they put out a real good covers album.They cover Killing Time,S.O.I.A,Inside Out and many other cool bands.

I never liked Farakhan cause he called me the devil,and I never liked Hitler cause he said I was god.
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 12:18 PM

yeah haven't heard them in a LONG TIME.
kinda boring... meh stuff.

anyone like TRIAL ? heh

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 12:23 PM

I love Trial's LP.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 12:47 PM

I saw the open for SOIA in 93
they were okay
and thenI saw hem friday night
still okay

the played a good mix of fast parts and dance parts, but they were a hardcore band....
not real metal parts which was good, but they were meh...
Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 01:37 PM

I liked the 1st 7" and saw them a bunch of times in 96/97, but I kind of lost interest after that. I got the first Lp, but other than the 1 or 2 songs, it did nothing for me.

Interesting fact about Ensign. No one in the band is an original member at this point. I know Tim sang on all the records, but there was a guy before him, albeit a very short time. Still, I think its pretty funny.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 03:59 PM

Ya i know. Its pretty crazy that they use the name but none are original memebers.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 04:10 PM

It's the same with Napalm Death. Still going with no original members.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 07:05 PM

I can dig Ensign, I've only got "cast the first stone" but I can dig it. They remind me of SOIA at times... Never seen them live though.

Trial's got some good shit out there, too bad the singer's a retard. Although I hear he's quite good at juggling... like professional and shit.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 07:05 PM

I think people think of a band as old school when they have their logo in varsity lettering... Go figure...

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 07:20 PM

I didn't mean to imply that my friends actually called Ensign an Old School band, just that they thought they had more of an Old School flavor to them and were less metal than most of the worthless crap that calls itself HC these days. They said the same thing about Kill Your Idols and I hate that band too. With Kill Your Idols I can at least see the Old School influence in the music, but that's definitely one of those bands that is killed by the fucking horrible vocals in my book. They might be decent if it wasn't for that singer who sounds like an abused dog howling, but as it is I can't even listen to their covers of songs I love because they butcher 'em all so badly.

Veritas odium parit
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WINTHESKIN
they put out a real good covers album.They cover Killing Time,S.O.I.A,Inside Out and many other cool bands.

That sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind checking it out. I'm a sucker for cover songs! I never really liked Ensign, but always thought it was a good name.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 08:47 PM

I saw Ensign play a full set of only cover songs. It was cool, because Im not really impressed by them and the covers sounded good. My friend lent me a cd of theirs and I listened to it maybe twice before giving it back.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I didn't mean to imply that my friends actually called Ensign an Old School band, just that they thought they had more of an Old School flavor to them and were less metal than most of the worthless crap that calls itself HC these days. They said the same thing about Kill Your Idols and I hate that band too. With Kill Your Idols I can at least see the Old School influence in the music, but that's definitely one of those bands that is killed by the fucking horrible vocals in my book. They might be decent if it wasn't for that singer who sounds like an abused dog howling, but as it is I can't even listen to their covers of songs I love because they butcher 'em all so badly.

I'm definitely with you on the Kill Your Idols thing. Hate the vocals.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 12:03 AM

Ensign is sorta like Vision to me. They have been around for so long and dont get notariety. Now I'm a huge Vision fan, but not so much Ensign. I've seen Ensign open for Killing Time and their set was alright.

I do like some Ensign songs, but they did a track called '15years' with Lou (SOIA) Koller. Now thats a solid track, no contest.

Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 01:17 AM

only heard a few songs, but I liked 'em. especially one of them on a Rev comp.
Mute98

Mood: FALSE ALLIANCE!

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 01:49 AM

ensign was always pretty bland to me, but i love kill your idols

Go To Top