Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Black Sabbath & Monster Magnet...
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 04:12 PM
Black Sabbath & Monster Magnet...

2 seperate news stories...

TONY IOMMI's Daughter To Open For MONSTER MAGNET In Wolverhampton - Mar. 1, 2006

LUNARMILE the British band featuring frontwoman Toni-Marie (daughter of BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi) and bassist bassist Alex Hill (son of JUDAS PRIEST bassist Ian Hill), have landed a support slot for stoner rock band MONSTER MAGNET. The gig will take place this Saturday night, March 4 at the Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhampton, U.K. [UPDATE: The gig has since been called off after MONSTER MAGNET cancelled their entire European tour.] The band are also set to perform an acoustic set at London's Hard Rock Cafe on March 8, to be followed by a full live set immediately after at the LSE (London School of Economics). Both of these London gigs are Gibson/BMI-sponsored events, with the BBC also having involvment in the LSE gig.

For more information on LUNARMILE, visit www.lunarmile.com.

AND....

MONSTER MAGNET have cancelled their European tour after the group's mainman, Dave Wyndorf, was hospitalized following a drug overdose.

"The battle with one's inner demons is the most personal fight any of us can undertake," said MONSTER MAGNET's manager, Steve Davis of Davis Entertainment Group. "The fight is at times a lonely, confusing journey. On the evening of February 27, Dave Wyndorf suffered a setback in his own fight and was hospitalized due to a drug overdose. His full recovery is expected. We ask that all those he has encountered over the years or simply affected by his music to take a moment to think good thoughts of and for him. With the grace of God and those who love him we are all confident that Dave will rebound from this set back and continue to play and make great rock and roll."

MONSTER MAGNET recently spent time at Sound City and Paramount recording studios in Los Angeles recording the follow-up to 2004's "Monolithic Baby", tentatively due this summer via SPV. The CD is being produced by friend and veteran MAGNET producer/mixer Matt Hyde ("Powertrip" and "God Says No"). Also planned for release are reissues of the band's classic albums "Tab" and "Spine of God", featuring new artwork and liner notes, as well as bonus tracks, as part of SPV's SuPerValue reissue series. A DVD is also in the planning for late 2006.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 04:15 PM

I really fucking hate monster magnet
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
I really fucking hate monster magnet

Im not a fan, but that video they had that was a parody of the Mase video was funny. It had the singer of Monster Magnet driving around in a 70's Firebird with Twiggy from Marilyn Manson.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 04:46 PM

I never liked them either. I wonder what he was on? Heroine? That sounds about right. I think Iommis daughter was supposed ot be really hot right?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 04:58 PM

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 05:21 PM

I'd stick in her pooper.

As for Monster Magnet, I really like some of their stuff. Not so much the last two albums, but the stuff before then was pretty good.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 05:42 PM

SPACE LORD MUTHA MUTHA

I am no monster magnet fan, but i don't think that will ever leave my memory

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 10:31 PM

hahahahahahaha

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2006 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KyleOz
SPACE LORD MUTHA MUTHA

I am no monster magnet fan, but i don't think that will ever leave my memory

Indeed, I fucking hate them... I also thought that MUTHA MUTHA was a cencor for mother fucker but no, it's just the ultimate in gay and that is what it is on the album. Gay

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 3-2-2006 at 10:11 AM

wow.... I had no idea that MUTHA MUTHA was on the CD. I really thought it was a censor for MUTHA FUCKER too. Thats really weird!

That new Clutch songs 10.0011.10.101 kind of reminds me of that Monster Magnet song.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2006 at 10:24 AM

i like magnet
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-2-2006 at 10:25 AM

I used to love Monster Magnet, I saw them a bunch of times and realized the whole drug thing wasnt a gimmick one night at the Avalon. They had a bunch of Hells Angels there to see em and act as security for the band I guess, cause right before they were to go on this big fuckin Angel comes off the bus in front of the Avalon with Wyndorf literally over his shoulder lookin like he was way the fuck out of it. They actually carried him to the stage, once there though the guy was all over it, singing and rockin the fuck out. it was crazy. I saw em at the Asylum in Portland ME too, he set his g-fiddle on fire and they had to shut the show down, the fire inspector just happend to be there for this lil diddy. Fun times, i can't stand the stoner hippy ass shit now though

Go To Top