Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone heard of this in Mass??
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-6-2006 at 11:34 AM
Anyone heard of this in Mass??

Word is the state teasurer just signed into affect a bill that pays bonuses to active duty and war veterans returning to the state of Mass. $1000.00 for anyone who served in Iraq or Afghan and $500.00 for anyone else active duty retunring to Mass. The only stipulation is you had to live in Mass for 6 months prior to joining the military before 9-11 and you have to be discharged honorably. Pretty cool indeed, Maybe more states will follow suit. I still see guys families back here who are struggling on food stamps and shit while they are over in some third world shithole duckin bullets and trying to survive to get home to their loved ones. Good on ya Massachusets, way to put your money where your mouth is with all the "support our troops" talks, good to see someone actually do some supportin besides buying some cheap fuckin magnet to attach to their car.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-6-2006 at 11:35 AM

Oh and by the by, the troops who are being supported by those ribbons and magnets dont see a fucking dime of the profits from that crap. Food for thought.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-6-2006 at 12:08 PM

interesting if it's true. i've read that many states have budget surpluses this year, so that may be where the program has found its funding.

that ribbon bullshit annoys the hell outta me. it's not enough to tie one around your tree anymore... you gotta buy 50 magnets and slap 'em on your suv.

my heart really goes out to those soldiers (who you never see on the news) who are returning from overseas missing a leg or an arm or two or an eye. that shit kills me.

does anyone know of any reputable organizations that help recently discharged disabled veterans? i think i need to make a contribution. whether it's providing medical assistance, physical therapy, help around the house, anything like that? I saw something on tv about this group that does home modifications for soldiers that were wounded in battle (building ramps for wheel chairs, lowering counters, etc).

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 02:57 PM

I just googled "disabled veterans" and the first site on there was THIS. I have no idea how reputable they are though.

I would imagine that since they've been around for a while that VFW might be a good place to send your money. Since I have a subscription to Vietnam and WWII magazines I get mail from them asking to be a member. Im not sure if they think Im a veteran or if theyre just looking for financial support though.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 03:56 PM

http://www.homesforourtroops.org was the one i saw on tv.
here's another one: http://www.semperfifund.org

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 05:09 PM

There should be something locally. We had a big drive via a radio show for the holidays but I bet you can get in touch with the USO.
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 05:35 PM

What they are doing for a local man around here

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2006/03/07/news-pbdig-03...

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 07:02 PM

yeah, local, that's a good idea. i'm gonna look into that.

Go To Top