Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Another one who should just be taken out...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 05:43 PM
Another one who should just be taken out...

Tennis Dad Gets Eight Years in Drug Death

By PIERRE SAUVEY, Associated Press Writer 21 minutes ago

A father who drugged his children's tennis opponents, leading to one player's death, was sentenced to eight years in prison after being convicted Thursday.

Christophe Fauviau had confessed to the crime. Before jurors began their two hours of deliberation, the retired soldier told the court that he was responsible for Alexandre Lagardere's death and that "I'll always carry that with me."

"Not for one second did I think of hurting people. I realize now that I did," the 46-year-old former military pilot said.

Lagardere's father, Bernard, refused to comment on the verdict, but asked that the Fauviau family remember "that in our house, there will always be someone missing."

Fauviau was accused of spiking the water bottles of his children's opponents 27 times in tournaments across France from 2000 to 2003, using the anti-anxiety drug Temesta, which can cause drowsiness.

The case illustrated the darker side of some parents' attempts to help their children achieve athletic success.

Prosecutor Serge Mackowiack had asked for eight to 10 years imprisonment ? below the 20 years maximum for the charge of unintentionally causing death by administering toxic substances. In asking for the lighter sentence, Mackowiack said Fauviau had been a good soldier and said he did not seek to kill or injure the players.

Still, the prosecutor described Fauviau as "an adult who turned his children into objects of his own fantasies of success" and whose actions were premeditated.

"Nothing stopped you: Players collapsing on the court, the sight of stretchers, of an 11-year-old girl, a young woman who collapses against a fence. Nothing stopped you," Mackowiack told the court in Mont-de-Marsan in southwestern France.

Fauviau's 16-year-old daughter Valentine is a rising star in French tennis. His son Maxime also played.

In tearful earlier testimony, Fauviau asked Lagardere's parents for forgiveness.

"It's something that completely took me over, and I couldn't imagine that I could be responsible for the death of your son," he told the court last week. "I never wanted things to come out like this."

Opponents of Fauviau's children complained to investigators of various ills: weak knees, dizziness, nausea or fainting. Several were hospitalized.

In July 2003, Maxime Fauviau defeated Lagardere, who complained of fatigue after the match and slept for two hours. While driving home, the 25-year-old school teacher crashed his car and died, and police believe he fell asleep at the wheel. Toxicology tests showed traces of Temesta in his system, delivered by Christophe Fauviau.

Fauviau, a former helicopter pilot instructor for the French army, had been in custody pending trial since his arrest in August 2003.

Copyright ? 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
Copyright ? 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Questions or Comments
Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 05:54 PM

you know duane, some fuckers just need to be made an example of.
in the last month, here in my lovely white trash haven known as Upper Darby PA there have been 2 sick occurances.
one where some dumb bitch had her crachk smoking friends sleep in her babies room, and while there they stashed the crack in the crib. the next day she finds her babie foaming at the mouth with white shit in her mouth and as she said on action news "i just know she be eaten some crack"...what the fuck...
then this week some asshole was baby sitting his girfriends kids with a gun, like waving it at the kids when they wouldnt listen.....last year some bitch duct taped her 2 kids (both under 3) to chairs / high chairs in front of the tv so she could go out on a drug binge.....i live around these ass holes and people wonder why i am always pissed off
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 05:56 PM

he must have gotten the idea from the show OZ when ryan o reiley spiked his brothers boxing oponets water bottles with heroin so they would be all woozy and lose....i fuckin hate people in general, but people who are so fuckin stupid that they hurt or kill others because of it, well i just wanna leave em where i find em...
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 06:20 PM

im not sure this forum is a good idea cuz these examples are just so disheartening to me that its like what the fuck, people dying at kids baseball and tennis matches/games, and your stories juan it just shows that the present world is shit and its only gonna get worse.....im gonna go have a beer
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 06:26 PM

a beer sounds pretty good right now crazy, but ii just had a 20 oz dunkin coffee.....
i feel terrible for my son growing up around this crap...im doing what i can to protect him from these shitheads though...
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 06:33 PM

im at the point being 25 that i can obviously see the differences between being a kid 20 years ago and today. i can still go back to my old neighborhood and see how i used to ride my bike around all day in the street and now im pretty sure if i was a parent that my kid would not go outside of my yard, it just really sucks, i guess we are fortunate that in our lifetime it can only get so bad, but whatabout our kids and so on, and now i need another beer...keep em' coming
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 07:41 PM

Juan, I live in East Germantown... I hear gunshots nightly, stupid assholes throw trash in MY yard, a block away two kids got blasted a few months ago. There's almost regular police chases through these streets. I need to move to a better area.

RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 08:03 PM

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have or be around children at all.
All of those sick fucks need to get shot in the face.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Juan, I live in East Germantown... I hear gunshots nightly, stupid assholes throw trash in MY yard, a block away two kids got blasted a few months ago. There's almost regular police chases through these streets. I need to move to a better area.

damn.
we all seem to be surrounded by fucktards...no wonder were angry
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 09:55 PM

These types of people should be sterilized.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 12:50 PM

Havertown sounds nice to me... but then you'd have to deal with Mainline fucktards.... like one yesterday that gave me shit for listening to Discipline while I was wallpapering around his shitter.

The dude in the article should be sent to that island that Napoleon was sent to... in fact, him and all other types of people like that should be put on an island, televised, and make that the new season of Survivor.

Go To Top