Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Vacation's end
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 02:08 AM
Vacation's end

Nothin' snaps a man outta his California dreamin' like driving back into a snowstorm and icy roads while still t-shirt and shorts-clad. Well, except getting up the next morning on very little sleep and going to work to find out that your department is now two people short. Oh, and realizing that your recent promotion places you in slot numero uno for covering shifts vacated by one of the two recently jettisoned employees on your day off.

Yeah, day one back at the homestead was most definitely not one for easing back into daily life with. Let's see, our newest employee, who was taking over my old duties, decided he couldn't handle working here and so with no notice other than what I'm told is a lengthy letter explaining how he needed to "follow his heart" (fuckin' hippy) and that we were preventing him from doing that to the extent that he is afraid to come back to pick up his last paycheck. Then on top of that, one of our longest lived employees, a barely above homeless status alcoholic who works just enough to pay the rent at some fleabag hotel and drink himself oblivious whenever he's not working, called in last night to say he would be 30 minutes late. He never showed up. He also never showed up for his shift this morning, or at least not until it was time to pick up his paycheck. Too bad it's his last one from us. Maybe I'm an asshole, but when you live your life sliding by on the kindness of others, you don't expect them to endlessly pick up your slack. Motherfucker got way too many second chances because upper management wants to lend everybody a helping hand. And still he has the nerve to get pissed off about it when he gets shitcanned. Fuck him.

So yeah, I had to pick up slack for both of those guys today AND get to cover a shift on my day off tomorrow for them. If all that ain't enough, I didn't even get the vacation pay I was supposed to see on this check. I verified that they had it down three times before I left town and yet the one day I was supposed to get vacation pay on that cycle was skipped.

As if all that isn't enough to piss me off, it won't stop fucking snowing!!! It's been a mild winter and hasn't done much snowing at all so far, but for some assfucking reason, it's dumping on us now that my vacation is over. It's like the sky is laughing at me and saying "Your happy little sunny time is through, motherfucker!" I get the fuckin' idea already, there's no need to rub it in.

Veritas odium parit
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 12:52 PM

saint... hit something, hit something hard. Got a heavy bag?

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 01:33 AM

You ain't kiddin', Dave. Unfortunately I have no heavy bag, I'm just gonna hafta hope I run into one of those two ex-coworkers on the street soon.

On the bright side the snow stopped yesterday and most of it got melted down in today's warmth and I have an early day off to screw around with tomorrow. I'm also enjoying the records I picked up on vacation and am hoping to get my SGR order in the mail sometime soon.

Veritas odium parit
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 02:27 AM

dude I have to do it.....

I'm not even supposed to be here today
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 05:03 PM

It sounds familiar but I'm not catchin' the reference Steve.

Veritas odium parit
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
dude I have to do it.....

I'm not even supposed to be here today

Clerks?

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:23 PM

Yup.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Yup.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 03:27 AM

D'oh!

Veritas odium parit
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 06:07 PM

the almighty bitter one has missed a reference from one of the passages in the bitter bible............shame
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 06:07 PM

Dude, you were just on vacation, your mind is supposed to be on autopilot for at least another week or two. it's the only way to transition sanely.

Go To Top