Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: What has the Thorp Board done for you?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 03:51 PM
What has the Thorp Board done for you?

It's hard to believe, but this April marks the third anniversary of The Thorp Board. A lot of people have come and gone during that time, and sure, we've had the occasional hiccup here and there, but all in all, I'd say we've been doing well so far.

So first off, big thanks to all of you who have been coming here on a regular basis, acting (more or less ;) ) like reasonable adults and making this board the interesting and informative place that it is.

Personally, I know this board has been a great source if info of me over the years. Whether it's news about show/tours/reunions, recommendations on new bands, or even new ideas on political topics, a lot of good input has been offered over the years. Plus, I've had the opportunity to get to know some good people. This sounds damn gay, but a few of you have really inspired me and my way of thinking. It's good to see that some people still care about others who are true to hardcore, and are willing to lend a hand. There are a lot of generous people on this board, and you are to be commended. Thanks.

Now what about the rest of you...What has the Thorp Board done for you?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Personally, I know this board has been a great source if info of me over the years. Whether it's news about show/tours/reunions, recommendations on new bands, or even new ideas on political topics

Same here!. I love it here. I have met some of the most awesome people ever on this board.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 04:15 PM

Man, first off it is the music I have learned about. I love music and can't get by without it. To many bands to mention from this area.

Everyone I have "Conversed" with on this board has brought a cool new perspective for me.

Thorp Board has helped out a best friend of mine. He publishes a newspaper out of his basement for the St. Louis Blues. Total DIY and he hooked up with Def Star for logo (see below) and for Shirts.

Connections, it's what life is all about sometimes. I visit this site WAY too much. I'm hooked.
DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 04:16 PM

I've really gotten to check out a few new bands. I've also read some really cool things and seen that not everyone has lost their minds.(Or have they? ;))

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 04:17 PM

I won an IPod for buying CDs...thats real cool
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 04:26 PM

I can name drop Thorp Records. Making me a cooler person than I really am. Thanks Thorp!:D

Seriously, I feel the same way. I found out alot of reunions and shows that I probably never would ahve even known about until 5 years later. I wish I could have made some of them, but living in Cleveland its quite a drive.

I've learned alot of stuff on many different issues. Politics, stuff for babies/children, music, found out about some good bands like NORTH SIDE KINGS, ON THE OUTSIDE and a new style of music I never gave a chance. Maybe its age maybe its smarts but The Ducky Boys, The Welch Boys, ACO, the New Breed, and much of the SAILORS GRAVE records roster. I've mellowed a little, but I like it this way. So Thorp board has introduced me to something more than I would have been open to if I hadn't been hear. Plus I never new someone could like SLAPSHOT so much. "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW" xHONUSx I got to say another thing that is awsome is the interaction between the artist and us goofballs. Its cool as fuck that the New Breed guys, all the five families guys and others are on the board. The file sharing and the update on recently seen shows is awsome too.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 04:49 PM

If it hadn't been for this board I most likely would have given up on the whole messageboard thing, so I don't know if I should thank you all or slap you all (figuratively of course).;)

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 04:49 PM

I get jobs from a lot of the members, as well as bands on the label....
and it's the only place I stop by and chat
as well as thorp puttin out a lot of the best music right now...
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 04:59 PM

All of the above.

I come here way too much. When I am at work I keep checking back here all day long to read post or read responses.

Thank you Thorp for being drama-less.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 05:41 PM

i like that it is a common ground where everyone gets along for the most part. music is the common bond but then you grow off of that and learn more about people and their interests. no ego's and attitudes here and always an interesting topic being brought to the table. love it...
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:04 PM

Cool people, places to visit in the future with said cool people. Def Star hookin up the club stuff was AWESOME, thanks again Steve, and thank you Thorp for having a place like this to meet and network. New bands (Bad Vibes) and just all around time filler with something to take away from it.
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:05 PM

oh, and my avatar is the latest shirts we had done by Def Star for our plank owners/chapter heads, very cool, the dude is a magician.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:27 PM

I just like it here.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:36 PM

I won a CD for a thread I started... but... other than swag... I just really like this board and the crowd of regulars... it's nice to see that there are still people who don't have to argue all the time, which in my experience is what message boards are all about... other than over at starwars.com I've never had such a peaceful experience in these things.

thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 09:00 PM

This place is just full of solid people....
what more can i say that hasn't already been mentioned.

Thanks Thorp for keepin the board runnin, and crankin out some great tunes.

\"thank you very little\"
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 10:33 PM

This place rules. I've recovered some small amount of faith in humanity by talking to some of the people on here, I've gotten the heads up on some really great bands (don't know if I ever woulda heard of The Bad Vibes otherwise and they're one of my favorites now), I've talked to some people I would be proud to call friends in real life, other than all that it's just a great place to come and practice my shit talkin' skills from time to time.

Veritas odium parit
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 10:44 PM

I jumped on to this board because Duane had posted a link to The Ducky Boys videos I had shot. I was slow to start posting but through here I've started talking to some cool people, a lot of you have been helpful (Silent Hill voting was a bitch but thanks), and I've got introduced to some new bands. I've especially become more into hardcore as a result. I found a board where people weren't real dicks and didn't get too fucking annoying either, which was something I needed to find.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 11:15 PM

Free Knuckledust cd! Somewhere to come post shit without the stupid shit of 98% of the other boards out there. Its a small board so its easy to know people & get along.
When I finally get a connection at home I'll be back in action more.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Free Knuckledust cd! Somewhere to come post shit without the stupid shit of 98% of the other boards out there. Its a small board so its easy to know people & get along.
When I finally get a connection at home I'll be back in action more.

Wow... long time no see. How the fuck have you been?
Have you been hanging around as a "lurker"?

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
Quote:
Originally posted by BD
It's hard to believe, but this April marks the third anniversary of The Thorp Board.

I thought it had been around longer?

The label has been around since 2000, but the boards didn't come until '03.
DannyNSK is one of our most senior members, and he joined in April, 2003.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 10:38 AM

This board has done so much for me that I dont even really know where to start. Some of you know I had some issues on another message board and I had completly lost my faith in the hardcore scene as a whole. I actually came to this board because the same people I had the problem with had started spreading it over here. I emailed Duane and he immediatly deleted all the crap and kept an eye out for any more problems.

After that I started posting somewhat regularly which turned into posting obsessivly pretty quick!

Over the last year or so Ive gotten some free stuff for starting cool threads, I was made a moderator which got me more cool stuff. I got a bunch of free Slayer records from a very generous poster! I got a ton of free 7"s from someone else yesterday. I got a Slapshot 7" I didnt have from Duane. I got stuff from DefStar Steve for helping him out plus I got the amazing Thorp Warrior shirt!

Ive found out about some new bands, reunion shows, old bands, good bands, bad bands etc. Ive also found some people to appreciate my OCD Slapshot colleting.

This board is just amazing. It is truely an oasis in the shit hole that is the current hardcore scene. Its like everything has turned to shit yet the throp board takes it back to the days when people really cared and helped each other etc.

The good bands are a bonus too!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
This board has done so much for me that I dont even really know where to start. Some of you know I had some issues on another message board and I had completly lost my faith in the hardcore scene as a whole. I actually came to this board because the same people I had the problem with had started spreading it over here. I emailed Duane and he immediatly deleted all the crap and kept an eye out for any more problems.

After that I started posting somewhat regularly which turned into posting obsessivly pretty quick!

Over the last year or so Ive gotten some free stuff for starting cool threads, I was made a moderator which got me more cool stuff. I got a bunch of free Slayer records from a very generous poster! I got a ton of free 7"s from someone else yesterday. I got a Slapshot 7" I didnt have from Duane. I got stuff from DefStar Steve for helping him out plus I got the amazing Thorp Warrior shirt!

Ive found out about some new bands, reunion shows, old bands, good bands, bad bands etc. Ive also found some people to appreciate my OCD Slapshot colleting.

This board is just amazing. It is truely an oasis in the shit hole that is the current hardcore scene. Its like everything has turned to shit yet the throp board takes it back to the days when people really cared and helped each other etc.

The good bands are a bonus too!

what issues were you having with other people if you dont mind my asking?
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
This board has done so much for me that I dont even really know where to start. Some of you know I had some issues on another message board and I had completly lost my faith in the hardcore scene as a whole.

what issues were you having with other people if you dont mind my asking?

I sent you a U2U.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
KyleOz
* CHOPS OF DOOM *

Mood: Social Distortion

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 06:00 PM

Everything

New Music, met great people, funny pictures, great topics.

A board where you can be serious and have intelligent conversations, or unadulterated pussy fart/toilet humor. Anything goes here, and we are all open minded.

No drama, no bullshit.

I can't believe it will be 3 years for me on here in May.

angus yeoman: what are cats supposed to do? distract you from the fact that you\'re distracted by everything else?

http://www.myspace.com/kyleoz
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
Quote:
Originally posted by BD
It's hard to believe, but this April marks the third anniversary of The Thorp Board.

I thought it had been around longer?

The label has been around since 2000, but the boards didn't come until '03.
DannyNSK is one of our most senior members, and he joined in April, 2003.
Where the fuck has he been anyway? He used to post all the time on here and I'd get regular bulletins from him on myspace, but he's been M.I.A. for quite a while now.

Veritas odium parit
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top