Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Construction Workers/Laborers
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 11:54 AM
Construction Workers/Laborers

Are amazing people. My brother is a construction worker. He works full time and does side jobs. His recent side job is a new drive way, front walk and front porch for the Reed83 house.

They poured on saturday. 10 yards of concrete in under two hours. These guys are fucking amazing. They work hard and very fast and don't talk. They just know what to do. It was like watching ants work.

One guy on the job actually has a degree in Rocket Science. He prefers pouring concrete. He also has a degree in Zoology.

The way these guys work and put all of this shit together and problem solving ability is just amazing.

They are truly talented.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 12:16 PM

i have a lot of respect for craftsmen like that as well.
god knows i could never do any of that stuff.
i watch a lot of this old house - that show has given me a true appreciateion for just how much talet that line of work requires.
too bad there are those unscrupulous general contractor types out there that take people's money then never finish a job. they really make a bad name for the whole industry.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 12:21 PM

Yes, those guys rock!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 12:57 PM

My friend works for a company that is contracted by construction companies to monitor the safety at the job sites. He's one of the guys who is actually on the site and can shut the whole thing down for safety concerns. Most of the guys don't appreciate his presence and some have even threatened him physical harm. I assume that it's because it's sort of a fraternity type culture. If you're not a part of it then youre not welcome. My friend also says that he's seen lots of racism.

Of course none of this actually speaks to the skill that these guys posess. Obviously most of them are excellent at what they do. My friend said that he occassionally runs into a few guys who are just complete dolts and shouldnt be there at all.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 02:36 PM

I fucked up my front door installation and as we speak I have 2 guys reinstalling it. Now its finished. even the molding and doorbell.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 03:28 PM

I"m sure some guys are there because they can "lift shit". That was my role over the weekend. These guys are whole different type of "strong".

I just think these guys go SO unappreciated.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
My friend works for a company that is contracted by construction companies to monitor the safety at the job sites. He's one of the guys who is actually on the site and can shut the whole thing down for safety concerns.

OSHA?

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 04:39 PM

He doesnt work for OSHA, but I imagine that he's there to enforce their regulations. Im not completely sure to be honest. I know that it's a small private company though.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 07:23 PM

I have tons of respect for tradesmen... being one myself... I've also seen some really shoddy construction... mostly on those big developments. Especially one's that people pay hundreds of thousands of dollars just for a one bedroom condo.

Generally fun guys to be around... carpenters and painters and what not.

Endgame

[*] posted on 3-21-2006 at 11:54 AM

working class pride!

Go To Top